PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Young LB play vs. Redskins???

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Could those of you who were lucky enough to see the game tonight comment about...

Tully Banta-Cain - particularly his consistency and his run-stopping/containment

Jeremy Mincey - any comments whatsoever

Pierre Woods - any comments whatsoever

Eric Alexander - any comments whatsoever

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Woods, Mincey, and Alexander got a whole lot of playing time. Off the top of my head, Alexander almost got an interception in coverage on one play and Woods got a little bit of pressure of another.

zippo59 said:
I don't think Woods, Mincey, and Alexander got a whole lot of playing time. Off the top of my head, Alexander almost got an interception in coverage on one play and Woods got a little bit of pressure of another.

I didn't see the game, but the play of Pierre Woods has been impressive in the Atlanta & Arizona games.

thanks for the insight so far, guys. Any more?

zippo59 said:

This was my impression, too. I didn't hear the name Mincey all night. I missed Woods too. Banta-Cain almost had an athletic interception behind the line of scrimmage on a tipped-up ball. Don't know much about his specific run containment, except that Washington ran with darn little success, so it couldn't have been a problem.

Note on old LB play: Seau played a good bit and made one nice tackle when he sort of stumbled into the ball carrier after leaping over a fallen player.

Last edited:
shakadave said:
Banta-Cain almost had an athletic interception behind the line of scrimmage on a tipped-up ball.

It looked to me that Banta-Cain was pretty blatantly held by a Washington player on that play to prevent him from getting the interception.

I really like Pierre Woods.

His motor is always running when he's out there. He's stout on the edge on running plays and can be a force in pass rush. He's green but, with experience, he'll be a player.

imho, tbc looked really impressive - going up against a better-than-average redskins offensive line, he was (along with almost everybody else in the front 7) putting consistently good pressure on brunell and making him hurry his throws when he wasn't getting sacked.

patsox23 said:
Could those of you who were lucky enough to see the game tonight comment about...

Tully Banta-Cain - particularly his consistency and his run-stopping/containment

Jeremy Mincey - any comments whatsoever

Pierre Woods - any comments whatsoever

Eric Alexander - any comments whatsoever

Thanks.

Okay heres the breakdown:

Tully banta Cain - Man has he come out of no where to be the player he is now. Last year at this time he was just another guy. Now he has explosiveness, stregth, and a nose for the ball. Also remember TBC was coming off the left corner and the Redskins LT is Chris Samuels. Supposedly the Redskins have a pair of the best tackles in the league so that speaks volumes right there. He tackled well, he put on pressure well, and i was shocked when i saw him read his assignments correctly and addpt to the play.
Tully Banta Cain has improved 10 fold and i am extremely impressed by his play.

Jeremy Mincey - Didnt really get to play much until the end of the 3rd beginning of the 4th and by that time the Patriots were almost in cruise control since all the Redskins did was pass at that point. Mincey has great stregth and a perfect body type to be in this system. Needs time to develope like a TBC or Eric Alexander but he has shown flashes of what he can be already if given time. Great pick.

Pierre Woods - Another player that suffered from the end of the game pass crazed Redskins. Woods did add pressure but at the same time when he did he couldnt shed the blocker at some points. Looks like a potential great player in the making but still another raw talent that needs to be given time. I would love to see him make our PS. if he does that could be great news for us.

Eric Alexander - I really wanted Eric to do well on defense for us but nothing. The plays he was in he was almost invisible. BUT! Eric has made great strides in the ST's games. Good blocks. Good sure tacklng and with good blocking equals possible spot on this team.

I would agree with seanbrushci 54 except that I thought Alexander made a few good plays. He played outside quite a bit, I think ahead of Mincey. Had good coverage on that one play, and I think he has a shot between special teams and versatility in the middle and on the end.

I'd keep him before Klecko or Thomas.

Clearly Alexander's best shot for this season is on ST. He's been very up and down in ST, either making plays or being rubbed out of them.

In the imaginary bubble, known to all but BB, this guy is definitely in that class.

I didn't see the game last night. But I think we will keep both Mincy and Woods.
They both could become really good at OLB along with TBC in about 3 years. We ould be set at this position for along time.

Remember this is TBC 4th season and know he is finaly getting the chance to show what he can do, it took him this long becuase he had to sit behind guys like willie, rosevelt, and vrabel which for a long time has been very stout for a long time.

Its time for some new blood now and for the future. SO i say let go of izzo and davis and infuse this team with some youth.

BTW i would try to get roach on the PS and see how he develops with a year in the system.

an article said that Alexander can easily become a Phifer type of player and in the chatroom someone said ROMAN PHIFER! after Alexander play. hope he stays

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News