Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Whoa...........

Combine notes: Reuben Foster sent home

"....Multiple reports indicated that Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster was sent home from Indy after a “heated altercation” with a hospital worker. An NFL spokesman told ESPN the potential top-10 pick was sent home for “personal reasons......

.....Most draft experts have him rated as the top inside linebacker and it will be interesting if the incident, which several reports indicated devolved into Foster trying to intimidate the worker by using his credentials as a top prospect, affects his draft status......

.....Reports said that Foster had been waiting for an extended period for what the NFL calls his “pre-exam” when he grew increasingly impatient and began questioning a hospital worker. The worker took exception and eventually the two were face-to-face in a heated exchange."

Remember all those stories about how the tone is set with the Patriots being different from everyone else because from the top dog to the bottom - EVERYBODY - can be dressed down by BB at any time? And how Brady sets that role model?

This guy.......I dunno.....

Kid had a top-15 grade. If we got Cleveland's pick maybe we had a shot. Now he might slide a little if we are still interested.

I never know who we are going to draft. Last year, I had no idea who Joe Thuney or Malcolm Mitchell were, but they were great picks. Just have to trust that the team has the best information and makes good decisions.

Kid had a top-15 grade. If we got Cleveland's pick maybe we had a shot. Now he might slide a little if we are still interested.

I never know who we are going to draft. Last year, I had no idea who Joe Thuney or Malcolm Mitchell were, but they were great picks. Just have to trust that the team has the best information and makes good decisions.

Last year I didn't know who anyone was for the first time in a long time, since the theft of the Pats top pick just totally sapped my interest in the NFL* draft.

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of this guy, brings a lot of attitude, tackles often with his helmet, I got the feeling he will draw a lot of flags in the NFL.

No one likes the prostate exam for the first time.

fP9smc.gif

"Moon River... ever do any time, doc?"

Well, damn. I was hoping that, with Hightower headed out, that fellow Tide alumnus Reuben Foster might be available. Heck, he may still be if he does drop down. All I can say was that he was fun to watch these past 2 years as he really grew into his role with Alabama. He has a motor that doesn't quit (and which could, occasionally, override his brain and cause a yellow flag to be thrown) and bot can he lay a lick on folks.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Sigh.

On the bright side, maybe he slides down to a range we could potentially get him.

BB will have the inside scoop on him from Saban so if we are interested, this incident can only help us.

On the bright side, maybe he slides down to a range we could potentially get him.

BB will have the inside scoop on him from Saban so if we are interested, this incident can only help us.
Helps us evaluate his character. I hope we pass. Report that he tried to use his draft stature to intimidate a peon suggests he's an entitled prick, not what we want infecting our locker room.

It gives me pause. Not because he got mad. Everyone gets mad. It is the fact he got mad and had to be sent home at the combine. How do you let them happen? You are under a microscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back