Jones improves a lot and becomes a top 5 DE
Hightower mildly improves

Dennard regresses and becomes Arrington
Travis improves slightly

Jones improves a lot and becomes a top 5 DE
Hightower mildly improves

Dennard regresses and becomes Arrington
Travis improves slightly

I don't think Dennard's going to become Arrington. At least I hope not, anyways.
Oh, and who's Travis??

Chandler Jones - 8-9 sacks and more consistent pressure than we've gotten out of anyone in a long time. I think his QB hit/QB pressure numbers will be more impressive than his sack total. More consistent play in the run game as he gets fooled less. High expectations.

Dont'a Hightower - Unspectacular but effective season playing LB. Lots of tackles. Maybe a pick or two in zone. Nothing "difference making" but solid.

Alfonzo Dennard - Same as this past season. High end #2 corner play. I don't want to project growth, partly because he's a pretty advanced player already and partly because even if he doesn't miss games, the legal commotion will delay his Year 1-Year 2 growth period.

Justin Francis - 6-7 sacks. He showed me a lot last season, despite being wicked raw. His insticts in the run game will improve through coaching and he'll find himself starting at LE. I honestly believe this one.

Tavon Wilson - I want to project a big season for him at SS, or even a good starting one, but I can't see it. I'll guess he's a backup safety who plays a dime role against tight ends, basically the same role as late last season.

Markus Zusevics - Makes the team but is a consistent healthy scratch. Will be groomed either as a guard or a tackle depending on where the need for depth is.

Marcus Forston - Starts out on the practice squad, but gets promoted to the active roster when Myron Pryor goes on IR. Doesn't play much due to depth.

Nate Ebner - Special teams, getting groomed. He'll get his shot soon.

Jake Bequette - Casualty of roster cuts.

Jeremy Ebert - Casualty of roster cuts.

Is there certain ones in particular that you disagree with? I'm open to hearing that not interested in your foolish and smug comments however. Feel free to chime in like an adult though.

Jax, I appreciate your effort here, although you are wading into an acid bath. As an educated fellow in search of meaningful conversation and tired of the usual point-counterpoint stuff that one finds on message boards, you might find these interesting:

On Dialogue - David Bohm, Lee Nichol - Google Books

The official website of Deborah Tannen

Dialogue: The Art Of Thinking Together by William Isaacs - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

No Contest

I think IF Jones stays healthy, he could be good fo 10 sacks. I like that he's thinking about ways to improve and is working out with his MMA brother. Should improve his hand techniques and maybe his quickness. Hopefully he's working out with weights like a demon, to gain some weight. Hightower really looked improved towards the end of the season, and I like the flexibility he gives the defense. Was impressed by his 4.5 sacks, and will be thrilled if he just improves his overall game. 5-7 sacks and a ****load of tackles would not shock me. Dennard, IF he avoids prison, should be a staple at corner for many years.

I think Ebert and Bequette make the team, especially if they have good camps. Ebert is probably a goner, IF the Pats resign Welker AND Edelman. I wouldn't be shocked if Ebert is the surprise of training camp, nor would I be surprised if Bequette has 5 sacks next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST