PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yahoo via WBZ: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WBZ via Yahoo: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

I'd love it if the Colts got caught piping in noise, but can any of you be serious that you think this will stick? Where's the proof? A random cameraman relaying what he heard from an unnamed security guard isn't exactly a smoking gun. In fact, it's little better than any of the ridiculous Pats rumors that Easterbrook et al. have been spreading the last few months. Not saying the cameraman is lying, but maybe the security guard was messing with him. Or maybe every word of it is true. Problem is there's absolutely nothing that can be proven.

I would think it'd take more than 1 security guard to really start something. Who knows what his situataion is. He may be a disgruntled employee. I was at the game and I didn't suspect any extra crowd noise. As I posted in another thread, I don't think the RCA Dome is the loudest dome I've been in. Both Minneapolis and Atlanta seemed louder to me although that can be somewhat due to where I sat. Maybe the people around me were louder at those dome's, I don't know. But I didn't suspect the crowd noise was artificial.

Thanks for checking in.

It'd be useful if other patsfans who were at the game
would report the evidence of THEIR senses too.

Ultimately, the security guard is going to have to be named. The NFL isn't going to investigate based on the comments of a random security guard. Sorry.

I'd love it if the Colts got caught piping in noise, but can any of you be serious that you think this will stick? Where's the proof? A random cameraman relaying what he heard from an unnamed security guard isn't exactly a smoking gun. In fact, it's little better than any of the ridiculous Pats rumors that Easterbrook et al. have been spreading the last few months. Not saying the cameraman is lying, but maybe the security guard was messing with him. Or maybe every word of it is true. Problem is there's absolutely nothing that can be proven.

Umm since the security guard has a history of working INSIDE that RCA dome, I think that his eyewitness or in this case earwitness testimony would carry a lot of weight. The only question would be, is this guy willing to step forward and testify when it could cost him his job? Most likely he won't. That's the real dilemma. Why should the security guard 'do the right thing' if he is going to end up unemployed for his troubles?

Last edited:
YEAH!!!!!!!

Got em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US OUR AFC RINGS BACK YOU PIECES OF CRAP!!!

At what point does all this circumstantial evidence convict the Colts in the eyes of public opinion? Obviously, there's not nearly enough for the Colts to face any repercussions with the league, there's barely enough to start an investigation. But it's out there in the public.

The things in the past few days included:

- According to Reiss, many Patriots employees were adamant they were amplifying the sound.
- Felger and other Boston media there saying it sounded artificially loud
- Dennis Green's son admitting sound was piped in the Metrodome while Dungy was the DC for the Vikes
- The CBS feed problems (later disproved)
- A revisit to the fact that this isn't the first time the Colts have been accussed of this.

What this means is a) if the Colts continue to do this, they will get caught or b) they will have to stop this now for fear of being caught.

Either way, it's a victory for any team going into the RCA dome and taking on the Colts.

That security guard obviously doesn't believe in a higher power, embrace small town life, or have a love of laughter.

Rumor is that he's gay and out to get Dungy. :D

There's nothing here they can do anything about - but Badell had better re-iterate the rule and make clear that the penalty will be large and that NFL security people might/will stop by to check on them.

OH MY GOD!!!

This is about to get big!!!!

The NFL, mass media, and certain coaches and players are going to come off as HUGE HYPOCRITES.

No it would only get big if it were the Pats being accused. The Miami fiasco went nowhere, which was the worst case of something actually affecting the outcome of the game. 31 teams are allowed to do what they want and it will be covered up. We just gotta deal with it and hopefully the pats keep winning.

There's nothing here they can do anything about - but Badell had better re-iterate the rule and make clear that the penalty will be large and that NFL security people might/will stop by to check on them.

Right, they can't act on any of this stuff, maybe they can investigate, which would either get the Colts busted or they'll be forced to stop out of fear of being caught. Either way, it's a victory.

Right, they can't act on any of this stuff, maybe they can investigate, which would either get the Colts busted or they'll be forced to stop out of fear of being caught. Either way, it's a victory.
Just like us with the camera - NO WAY we can do it now because Belichick will get kicked out of the league if he does; if the NFL makes it clear that they'll have NFL security people spot checking and it'll cost two #1s if caught, no way the Dolts can do it.

How would security guard know such info?

He comes home every Sunday night with a severe case of tintinnitus.

Does anyone here think the Colts can be exposed to hundreds of lawsuits if this ever breaks open? The decibel levels I've read about here can cause hearing loss, especially when sustained over longer periods. You go to a game, well, you can expect loud fans will hurt your ears. But artificial noise inducing deafness in Indy fans?

In 10 years, 60,000 people in that city will be deaf.

I would think it'd take more than 1 security guard to really start something. Who knows what his situataion is. He may be a disgruntled employee. I was at the game and I didn't suspect any extra crowd noise. As I posted in another thread, I don't think the RCA Dome is the loudest dome I've been in. Both Minneapolis and Atlanta seemed louder to me although that can be somewhat due to where I sat. Maybe the people around me were louder at those dome's, I don't know. But I didn't suspect the crowd noise was artificial.

Minnesota pumps in artificial crowd noise.

I would think it'd take more than 1 security guard to really start something.
I don't know. The video taping episode started with a security guard. I'd say it really started something.

The Colts trolls just go into a frenzy any time ANYONE suggests that THEIR team may NOT BE the goody little two shoes and vanguard of righteousness THEY ALL BELIEVE it is. Like good little robotic boy and girl scouts, Indy fans march in single file shouting "Sieg Heil!" before life size posters of their fuhrer and messiah, Bill "Mephistopheles" Polian.

"We are the MASTER fans!!!!! You WILL bow down before our pristine, pure and incorrupt Colts!!!"

the real story is Colt fan is about as dumb, naive and blind as any group of sports fans on the planet. Either that, or, collectively, the largest group of pathological liars in the world.

They believe this the way Notre Dame used to explain all their losses on their higher academic standards, which was a lie for football players anyway.

You see, if you lose, you can always say, it's because we do things the right way. We don't cheat. This rationalizes the many years of Manning choking in the playoffs.

What I don't like about this is that we're changing the game forever. This is all pissant material.

Nothing discovered so far in the NFL this year is serious cheating. This is PATHETIC. The NPL (National Pathetic League) is what we're creating.

They all have skeletons in the closet and it's going to get ugly on the pious who claim otherwise. It ain't worth it.

Maybe if Dungy gets burned it will send out the message to stop before they all get burned.

Ultimately, the security guard is going to have to be named. The NFL isn't going to investigate based on the comments of a random security guard. Sorry.
Right, but as more and more stuff comes out, there will be a swell of attention given the story.

You know how the media and ESPN get when there is a high-profile story to hype.

At what point does all this circumstantial evidence convict the Colts in the eyes of public opinion? Obviously, there's not nearly enough for the Colts to face any repercussions with the league, there's barely enough to start an investigation. But it's out there in the public.

The things in the past few days included:

- According to Reiss, many Patriots employees were adamant they were amplifying the sound.
- Felger and other Boston media there saying it sounded artificially loud
- Dennis Green's son admitting sound was piped in the Metrodome while Dungy was the DC for the Vikes
- The CBS feed problems (later disproved)
- A revisit to the fact that this isn't the first time the Colts have been accussed of this.

What this means is a) if the Colts continue to do this, they will get caught or b) they will have to stop this now for fear of being caught.

Either way, it's a victory for any team going into the RCA dome and taking on the Colts.

Where were the CBS feed problems disproved?

Even though I have no doubt that this is absolutely true, I don't think that anything will come of this...unless Kraft pushes hard behind the scenes for a more thorough investigation. I hope that he does. There will likely be a conversation between the league and the Colts warning them to stop (ie. "we don't want this going any further but we can't keep the truth from eventually coming out if you keep it up"). It would not be hard to detect during the game, if you are a professional and know what to look/listen for. Not holding out hope, although it should be interesting to see if the decibel level curiously drops for the rest of the season.

I honestly hate Polian more than anyone or anything in my life right now. I daydream about somebody giving him the Gillooly treatment as he walks out of the Microphone Dome.

Where were the CBS feed problems disproved?

I meant that the notion it was reverb or skipping was debunked and that CBS took the blame. But it increased the discussion that the Colts were doing something with the audio in the dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft