Kensil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armchair Quarterback

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Vice President of Game Operations
National Football League
February 2006 – Present (9 years 7 months)

Vice Pres. of Football Operations
New York Jets
May 1977 – February 2006 (28 years 10 months)

Copied and Pasted from his Linkedin account.

I know Joker has been pounding this drum for a while. And maybe my tinfoil hat is on a little too tight today but Kensil has surprisingly been left out of the conversation lately regarding this latest round of deflate nonsense. My question is how many other Patriots games he has attended. He has stated he attends 45-50 games a year. Was he there in 2006 (remember, he was still a Jet employee up until early 2006) when the Patriots complained about the Jets filming signals. Was he at the spygate game? Was he there the one and only time that blocking penalty on a kick was called and I'm sure there are plenty others. Is there any way of finding out what games he has actually attended?

We know the animosity he has towards Belichick. We know he was the leak about the PSI . We know he went over to the Pats sideline, gloating, saying the were F'd. We know he still belongs to a Jets fan club. Funny how the Pats were never called cheaters until he started working for the league in charge of rule enforcement.

However, what I find most curious is his direct quote from the League Governance website itself about using piped in crowd noise by a team that is "prone to misbehavior". Couldn't be the Colts could it? Funny how nothing ever happened to them. They're not cheaters, right? Just conspirators.

http://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/

Game Operations staff attend many games in person. Mike Kensil, vice president of Game Operations, said he attends 45 to 50 games a year from the preseason through the Super Bowl, checking everything from field conditions and communications equipment to game security and the coach’s box (which must have two TV monitors for each team) before game time.

"Teams feel better when you’re there. They just see you there and realize nobody’s really going to try to take advantage of any of the rules."

MIKE KENSIL, VICE PRESIDENT OF GAME OPERATIONS

“Certain [visiting] teams feel better when you’re there,” especially for heated rivalries, Kensil said. “They just see you there and realize nobody’s really going to try to take advantage of any of the rules.” And if he is aware of a team prone to misbehavior — like misusing the public address system to create artificial noise — he might make his presence known before the game.

http://yourteamcheats.com/IND

The Colts were caught on tape piping in artificial crowd noise during the 2007 Colts-Patriots game in an attempt to make it harder for the visiting team to call signals. National TV broadcast even caught a skipping crowd noise on their live broadcast.

Near the end, you notice some repeating reverb coming from the Indianapolis faithful. The background sound then shuts off, and the crowd sounds a whole lot quieter. Miraculously, the noise was particularly amplified when quarterback Tom Brady was trying to call signals.

Patriots president Jonathan Kraft told the NFL about the skipping audio and asked the league to take action. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello responded that he was told (by NFL partner CBS) that the weird noise was tape feedback from the CBS production truck, and the sound was limited to the television broadcast and was not heard inside the stadium.

A Colts security guard, however, blew the whistle on the team, according to WBZ photojournalist Bryan Foley. At least initially, the Colts refused to explicitly deny that they pumped in faked crowd noise to the RCA Dome.

Mmm, was he at that game too? How about the Championship game where the Colts blasted the heat to exhaust the Pats. Lot of funny business happening with only one team being punished and over the most trivial of things. And all under the clown's watch. Yet nobody seems to be questioning him anymore.

Kensil certainly is a dink, but I think the guy behind the curtain is Pash. For a guy who edited the Wells report, we sure don't hear much about or from him. I don't know if he is manipulating Goodell or has some serious dirt on him, but to me it looks like Pash is NE enemy #1.

Patriots president Jonathan Kraft told the NFL about the skipping audio and asked the league to take action. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello responded that he was told (by NFL partner CBS) that the weird noise was tape feedback from the CBS production truck, and the sound was limited to the television broadcast and was not heard inside the stadium.

Well that must be all there is to it. I mean a league official is quoted as saying that someone from CBS said it was just heard in the broadcast. This sounds pretty convincing to me. Any unnamed person from CBS (maybe it was Jim Nantz) would have to be considered an unimpeachable source. And it would be toally out of character for for an NFL official to say something that wasn't 100% the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I know for sure that if Brady ever summons the stomach to take on a defamation suit, Kensil Pash and Giardi are ALL going to be in the top 10 deposition to be done list. I would also demand their email accounts and all cell phones for the 2 weeks before the the game right through to the time the NFL appeals hearing was over.

IMO, Kensil was the driver of this conspiracy, its leader and protagonist. The sting was his idea. The object was to bring down the Pats, and his ignorance of common physics led him to believe that he Pats "were F'd". He blue the whistle before he could prove there was even a crime, and EVERYTHING else stemmed from that moment. As soon as the league office decided it was to their benefit to cover up Kensil's blunder Brady's fate was sealed that the Pats draft pick forfeit.

There is just so much it is crazy. Kensil is a big problem, Vincent has shown he has no ethics in the way acted when he was with the union. The Exponent report has the same date as the Wells report which is impossible as the Wells report was to be based on the Exponent report. The whole NFL house has rotted from the head down.

Kensil certainly is a dink, but I think the guy behind the curtain is Pash. For a guy who edited the Wells report, we sure don't hear much about or from him. I don't know if he is manipulating Goodell or has some serious dirt on him, but to me it looks like Pash is NE enemy #1.

I have no evidence of their involvement, but it is not hard to imagine Pash or Kensil whispering in Tomase's ear about running the story before the 2007 Superbowl.

It's sad to think there may have been external forces working against the Pats' success.

The BB and Brady Pats have been wildly successful, but how much more successful could they have been if they were allowed to compete fairly on the field, unmolested by external forces.

If the NFL loses the court case in front of Judge Berman, then I think Goodell is out next offseason. You don't spend $5 mil of the owner's money on a botched investigation, and further botch the matter, and keep your job. I doubt he'll get canned right away. The owners might not want to make the cause and effect link so obvious. Then when Goodell goes I think (and really hope) there's a purge in the league office. Kennsil, Pash, Gardi, Vincent and maybe a few others.

If the NFL loses the court case in front of Judge Berman, then I think Goodell is out next offseason. You don't spend $5 mil of the owner's money on a botched investigation, and further botch the matter, and keep your job. I doubt he'll get canned right away. The owners might not want to make the cause and effect link so obvious. Then when Goodell goes I think (and really hope) there's a purge in the league office. Kennsil, Pash, Gardi, Vincent and maybe a few others.

$5M is a joke to them and this won't do it. What would do it is if the press, public and or politicians question the integrity of the league.

Kraft should at least bar this guy from coming on his property ever again. If he shows up have him arrested for trespassing. The same goes for Goodell.

Kraft should at least bar this guy from coming on his property ever again. If he shows up have him arrested for trespassing. The same goes for Goodell.
Probably can't do that. BUT, you can have a security guard accompany him 24/7 while he is on the premises, "for his own safety"...and to keep an eye on him....

No chance. Goodell is not going off on his own here--he has the support of an overwhelming majority of the owners, who think the league rightfully holds all the power to be judge jury and executioner and the players should just bend over for penetration. Why would they care if a court rules against Rog (AGAIN) this time?

$5M is a joke to them and this won't do it. What would do it is if the press, public and or politicians question the integrity of the league.

The press, public and politicians ARE questioning the integrity of the league. The problem is that the NFL is accountable to no one.

No one except ... the sponsors. If the advertisers who foot the bill for the enomously bloated television contracts begin to think there's a problem, you would be shocked to see just how Commissioner Scheisskopf would become former Commissioner Scheisskopf.

What I'd like to know is if he was involved in any or all of the following games: 2006 Jets filming, 2006 AFC Championship, Sep 9 th 2007 Spygate game, piped in noise Colts game, kick penalty vs Jets. Pretty much, I'd like to find out what Patriot games he has actually attended and see how they match up with any other curious happenings.

Simply finding out his schedule of games he''s attended, something that any member of the media should easily be able to find out, would be a great start.

No chance. Goodell is not going off on his own here--he has the support of an overwhelming majority of the owners, who think the league rightfully holds all the power to be judge jury and executioner and the players should just bend over for penetration. Why would they care if a court rules against Rog (AGAIN) this time?
If our voice had power, that's the narrative I would form.

That roger (sustains) nothing without consensus approval from the owners. We are focusing on Roger (and rightfully so), but the owners vetted him and they are the ones who can give him the cease and desist order. While I want to see Roger gone, because he is too petty/small minded for the job and takes his fight to the press rather than taking a measured approach, people need to know how the office really works.

They may think they are doing great for going after the Patriots, but if their actions and communication were given the right transparency and national recognition, it'd shock those people who have turned a blind eye to the reality of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots