PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yahoo via WBZ: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the key to me. IF it's true (and I'm far from convinced) it has to stop immediately. So let's see whether the the next game at the dome has the announcers marveling over how deafening it is when the Colts are on defense, and how silent on offense!
Well, if BB pulled the VideoGate stunt to make it impossible for other teams to use this technique to advantage, then we'd expect that the other teams would perform more poorly in the second half than they have historically. The Pats have blown people out in the second half since VideoGate. The Colts, who dominated the Pats in the second half of the AFCCG, had no answers in the second half Sunday. In fact, the Pats dominated them.

My contention remains that BB exposed the Colts. He did it to win a championship. It takes a lot of cheating for the Colts to beat the Pats. Now, having lost the ability to tape games and enhance crowd noise, all the Colts have is the officials. After Sunday, we know this is not enough.

We don't need to embarrass the Colts -- just to stop them from cheating. Fait accompli, so let's move on.

Your just being reasonable. You are not jumping in and drinking the cool aid. And I just don't understand why??;)

You are probably right.

But, can't we just have our little CSI thing here for a little bit?

Sure!

So who's going dumpster diving at the Dome tonight to find the discarded microphones?

Sure!

So who's going dumpster diving at the Dome tonight to find the discarded microphones?

I'm game!:)

I wanna dress like Jack Black in that movie "saving silverman"

We could have walkie talkies and stuff.

"pkkchtd Red leader, red leader, I'll be in the beer wagon looking for, ummm evidence. Pkkchtd over."

Re: WBZ via Yahoo: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

I don't know. The video taping episode started with a security guard. I'd say it really started something.

Mark Estrella was caught by more than 1 person at more than 1 game with camera in hand. This is a guy sayig it happens with no proof

Minnesota pumps in artificial crowd noise.

And you have eveidence that they still do or did last year? I know a guy says they did on the 90's. How about now?

And you have eveidence that they still do or did last year? I know a guy says they did on the 90's. How about now?

This was in response to the person who said they had been in the Minnesota dome, and that it was louder. Was that you? If so, this explains it.

I wasn't saying we should go after the Vikings. I was showing you why Minnesota was louder.

Also, are the speakers pointed at the field in the Indy dome? Anyone knows that the direction to which a speaker is pointed will be much louder than the area to the sides. This is why people place beam blockers over speaker cones, to diffuse that direct beam of sound.

That security guard obviously doesn't believe in a higher power, embrace small town life, or have a love of laughter.
I'm just quoting this 7 pages later 'cause I thought it was funny.

Carry on.

After going to the AFCCG game last year I was convinced that they were pumping in sound. I just looked around and not that many people were cheering and yet it was louder than any venue I have been in for any sporting event. The only explanation to me was they were pumping in noise...

Unfortunately this story will die.

This was in response to the person who said they had been in the Minnesota dome, and that it was louder. Was that you? If so, this explains it.

I wasn't saying we should go after the Vikings. I was showing you why Minnesota was louder.

Yes I was at the Minny dome. What proof is there they piped in noise last year?

I'm curious that if the Colts did pipe in extra noise, how anyone feels that affected the game? The Patriots didn't have any OC to QB radio and had to use hand signals. There weren't a bunch of false start penalties. So even if the Colts did it, what difference did it make?

I have added these stories in. If anyone has anything else, please let me know. The NFL and CBS must take us for idiots if they think they can cover this up.

http://coloyan.com/society/s110407.html

That security guard obviously doesn't believe in a higher power, embrace small town life, or have a love of laughter.

Great post.

I don't know what's going on, but ESPN has deleted our threads about the subject. Here's a thread in response to the deletions. It's probably just a power drunk Mod, who doesn't like the Patriots, but even then it's pathetic for this topic to have been deleted. The Mods also deleted one of the threads in response to the deletions.....pathetic!

Last edited:
I'm curious that if the Colts did pipe in extra noise, how anyone feels that affected the game? The Patriots didn't have any OC to QB radio and had to use hand signals. There weren't a bunch of false start penalties. So even if the Colts did it, what difference did it make?

The inability of the O-line to hear the snap count gives the Colt DEs an advantage rushing the passer. The ability of Freeney and Mathis to apply pressure disrupted the Pats' O throughout much of the game. The benefits are obvious.

I don't know what's going on, but ESPN has deleted our threads about the subject. Here's a thread in response to the deletions. It's probably just a power drunk Mod, who doesn't like the Patriots, but even then it's pathetic for this topic to have been deleted. The Mods also deleted one of the threads in response to the deletions.....pathetic!

That is truly pathetic. WTF is wrong with ESPN these days.

All I know is that you'll be hearing crickets in that dome on January 20. That's all the matters to me.

The inability of the O-line to hear the snap count gives the Colt DEs an advantage rushing the passer. The ability of Freeney and Mathis to apply pressure disrupted the Pats' O throughout much of the game. The benefits are obvious.

The Patsd used a silent count the whole game. They always do in domes.

You mean they have the same mods at ESPN as here? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes