PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Writer just theorizing scenarios] Patriots' Bill Belichick to Coach Commanders After Dan Snyder Sells?

It's all ifs, and that's the problem with speculation.

I mean, I'd say it would be impossible for things to be going sideways right at the end of a second dynasty w Brady, but that's exactly what happened. For a good 15 years or so it was all honeymoon... first, the first dynasty, then pulling together to get back there. But while I view this story as just stuff thrown against the wall in the offseason, I don't see it as inconceivable. Pretty decent put-two-concepts-in-a-blender idea. (I.e., Washington might could want a coach, BB might could want out, Kraft might could want to fire him. Feed in variables to cause each condition, and you have the story.)

The level of speculation in football reporting is over the top.

The only thing worse is when writers publish links to tweets about some doofuses mock draft like its news.

The only thing worse is when writers publish links to tweets about some doofuses mock draft like its news.
What's even worse is when a team/individual gets asked about something that was only pure speculation on the mediot's part.

Bill could have a losing season and Kraft would still keep him. Bill wants to retire as a Patriot. Kraft talking is all lip service for fans.
I tend to agree with you there. Kraft wants to make it look like he's being hard on Bill but I doubt he has really done much here. In all likelihood Bill will do what he wants for another 2 seasons, maybe 3, and then hang them up. Fortunately for us, I think we should expect that "whatever Bill wants" is to win. I don't have any reason to believe he is just resting on his laurels to coast to a couple of 8 or 9 win seasons, get the record and split.

The formation of the roster, with a very hard cutoff on so many deals after 2023 and a few more after 2024, is certainly interesting to note though.

Never gonna happen.

#1 reason: Nantucket.

He is more likely to coach the Ravens given his Maryland roots....

For the record I am not FOR this happening...

Never gonna happen.

It's not like DC is near Maryland

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

BREAKING:
How Draft Analyst StinkyPete Cracked Coverage Code

Never gonna happen.

The WFT stadium is in Maryland, a thirty-minute drive from Annapolis to the stadium. That said, it's far-fetched to predict that Belichick at 71 or 72 would coach a Washington franchise.

It's not like DC is near Maryland

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Okay, Baltimore is farther from Annapolis than Landover is...but metro D.C. traffic sux...especially on route 50...

Last edited:
The WFT stadium is in Maryland, a thirty-minute drive from Annapolis to the stadium. That said, it's far-fetched to predict that Belichick at 71 or 72 would coach a Washington franchise.
OK, Landover is closer to Annapolis. My bad....And they want to move back to RFK in D.C....nobody loved Landover...only Jack Kent Cooke did.

BREAKING:
How Draft Analyst StinkyPete Cracked Coverage Code
That link doesn’t work! How come you posted a busted link? How dare you troll us with a tease like that!

(jk)

What an irrelevant franchise. I never even picked up on their move from RFK to WTF.

What an irrelevant franchise. I never even picked up on their move from RFK to WTF.
The WFT is not currently scheduled to move back to RFK. There have been ongoing discussions concerning a new stadium at the RFK site. There is no done deal. And the late, lamented Jack Kent Cooke never loved Landover, it just happened to be the only place that state and local officials in the Washington metro area would give the green light to.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back