PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Writer just theorizing scenarios] Patriots' Bill Belichick to Coach Commanders After Dan Snyder Sells?

Some of our members want him to leave :(

I get his seat ain't as cool as it used to be but him getting fired at the end of next season still seems like a long shot. Not unimaginable, hence the speculation, but definitely a long shot.

I get his seat ain't as cool as it used to be but him getting fired at the end of next season still seems like a long shot. Not unimaginable, hence the speculation, but definitely a long shot.

A very long shot IMO.

Some people always have to hate, and the haters seem to consistently proclaim themselves as 'not a homer', and seem intent on attacking any 'homer' they find.

I think its useful that there's a team that might want to grab the great BB and make a splash and so on and so forth. Here's the likelihood.

Highish, if somehow we find out this season that we're really BAD and Matt Patricia and Joe Judge were the only thing standing between 2022 us and the far worse 2023 us. This seems unlikely in the extreme to me.

Not inconceivable with similar results to the last couple years (miss the playoffs or one and done but around .500 ball)

Low if Pats get, say, 12+wins or a playoff victory.

Vanishingly low if Pats get to the Championship.

Zero if the Pats go to the SB... which again, I view as vanishingly unlikely... unless someone gets in BB's head about being done here or something... he's got plenty of cap room, and excuse fans will grab onto for last year (of his own making, granted), and an "All is forgiven" for the taking.

I think it's useful that the narratives are out there -- just write the story, plug in the quotes from "around the league" or "close to the team" -- because the threat of Washington should be enough to return any coach to former glory.

This is nuts. It's just the Dunning-Krueger sufferers on the sports media short bus throwing stuff out to sound smaht.
The AI chatbot returning the association between "need a BB story" and "Washington changing hands..."

Disgusted Johnny Depp GIF

"If the Commanders are sold, and if the next owner wants to make a big splash hire at HC, and if the Patriots have let Belichick go and he's free to coach any team, then maybe Belichick would coach there?"

Very insightful.

"If Bill O'Brien coaches Mac hard in camp, and if Mac takes it poorly and they get in a screaming match a la Brady and BOB a decade ago, and if Belichick doesn't like that happening, and if Zappe looks decent, then maybe the Patriots would trade away Mac Jones if all of that happened, theoretically?"

Article headline: "Patriots to trade Mac Jones?"

I think its useful that there's a team that might want to grab the great BB and make a splash and so on and so forth. Here's the likelihood.

Highish, if somehow we find out this season that we're really BAD and Matt Patricia and Joe Judge were the only thing standing between 2022 us and the far worse 2023 us. This seems unlikely in the extreme to me.

Not inconceivable with similar results to the last couple years (miss the playoffs or one and done but around .500 ball)

Low if Pats get, say, 12+wins or a playoff victory.

Vanishingly low if Pats get to the Championship.

Zero if the Pats go to the SB... which again, I view as vanishingly unlikely... unless someone gets in BB's head about being done here or something... he's got plenty of cap room, and excuse fans will grab onto for last year (of his own making, granted), and an "All is forgiven" for the taking.

I think it's useful that the narratives are out there -- just write the story, plug in the quotes from "around the league" or "close to the team" -- because the threat of Washington should be enough to return any coach to former glory.
If Pats fo starts to behave the way some folks on here seem to think they do I can see BB deciding he has had enough and wants out. If things go sideways that much I can see the WFT being a good landing place for him to build a complete program.

Like, if Mac starts talking directly to RK trying to get intervention with BOB, or BOB goes to RK because he disagrees with BB decisions, or even if RK starts overplaying the media to deliver passive aggressive messages to BB instead of manning up and talking to him face to face. Or even if the coaches and players refuse to buy into BBs strategy and push their own agendas instead of listening to his.

Might be the best thing that could happen for him.

Bill could have a losing season and Kraft would still keep him. Bill wants to retire as a Patriot. Kraft talking is all lip service for fans.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back