PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR is a big need next offseason... [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow , I really guess you cant have a opinion and not make it sound like whining.. Well I guess will go out there with a 33 year old moss, Wes Welker who by all acounts will be coming off a major inj, ala Brady, will be slow to come back from... And dont give me Jullian Eldelman and Brandon Tate, Tate also has a knee questions... Eldleman is a OK rookie so far, he will earn his pelts now... But dont tell me its not a need, it is , and its not a whine, the team will need alot to improve with Miami and nyj next year...

Sorry, but in my opinion, you are whining.

Tate is still recovering from his knee, yes. It's why the Pats shut him down when they did. So he could be 100% healthy. Care to guess how many knee injuries Jerry Rice had?

As for Edelman, you do realize he's done more as a WR in his rookie year than Welker did in HIS rookie year, yes?

You can believe that this team will "need a lot" to improve with the Phins and Jets next year, but I believe otherwise. Are there holes? Sure. Every team has them. Can they be filled during the off-season? Yep. They can. How hard that will be depends on where the Pats finish. But I can tell you right now that WR isn't nearly as much of a need as O-line, D-line and Linebacker.

Tate is still recovering from his knee, yes. It's why the Pats shut him down when they did. So he could be 100% healthy. Care to guess how many knee injuries Jerry Rice had?

As for Edelman, you do realize he's done more as a WR in his rookie year than Welker did in HIS rookie year, yes?

You can believe that this team will "need a lot" to improve with the Phins and Jets next year, but I believe otherwise. Are there holes? Sure. Every team has them. Can they be filled during the off-season? Yep. They can. How hard that will be depends on where the Pats finish. But I can tell you right now that WR isn't nearly as much of a need as O-line, D-line and Linebacker.

That will be a question we could debate in the summer until then , its on to baltimore and how we stop the ravens, but would feel better with Wes in there...

All this team needs to rebound next year is a couple of wide receivers,

a couple of offensive linemen, a couple of defensive lineman, a couple of

linebackers, a tight end, and a cornerback. No sweat!

Have you ever seen Brandon Tate play? I have.. He's pretty damn good.
And, prior to Moss, who were these "down field threats" that the Pats had. Branch wasn't one. Neither was Givens. Yet, the Pats played extremely well.

Yeah that 1 and half games he played this year were so impressive...:rolleyes:

You really show that you can thing beyond the end of your nose there.. How about all the games he played in College? WHOOPS.. You should feel pretty stupid now.

2006 was the only year they had no real wr , just a bunch of shoe makers...

the 2001 -05 Yeah we had avg wr, but also a solid defense and a solid running game...

You know, instead of just cherry picking and being a horrible poster, why not man up and quote me correctly with the entire quote. If you did, you wouldn't look ignorant.

Let me help you out.

People like you seem to have forgotten the lack of quality at WR from 2001 through 2006. The Pats, at best, had 4 "#2/#3" type receivers. But that is stretching it since Brown was on the downside of his career in 2003 and Patten got benched before the end of the season in 2004.

That's what I said. With the implication being that the Pats didn't NEED Randy Moss. That he's a luxury. BTW, the Pats have had a solid running game and defense each of the last 2 years. It's why the defense has been in the top 10 in points allowed in both cases.

Tate is still recovering from his knee, yes. It's why the Pats shut him down when they did. So he could be 100% healthy.

Tate suffered a serious injury to his other knee, which is the reason he was IR'd. Reported to be another ACL by Reiss.

All this team needs to rebound next year is a couple of wide receivers,

a couple of offensive linemen, a couple of defensive lineman, a couple of

linebackers, a tight end, and a cornerback. No sweat!
The player personnel decisions (free agency and draft) will need to be as successful as was the case between the end of the 2002 NFL Season and the start of the 2003 NFL Season.

Tate suffered a serious injury to his other knee, which is the reason he was IR'd. Reported to be another ACL by Reiss.
Meanwhile Tate maybe placed on the PUP list (once again) or placed on IR for the 2010 NFL Season. Either way, I would not count on a major contribution from him during the 2010 NFL Season as a wide receiver.

as a fan of the Texas Longhorns, i would like to recommend Jordan Shipley.

Poor Tate. Hart Lee Dykes anyone...?

I think Brady himself would tell you that this team, the way it is constituted even with #83, needs a legit WR on the otherside and I am sure this will be addressed by BB via FA or the draft as one of his higher priorities. The highest being obviously OLB, I puke everytime I see Clay Matthews making a play for the Packers, wow would he have looked great on one of the edges wearing Patriot blue. We chose to pass on this and I scratch my head. Oh well !

You really show that you can thing beyond the end of your nose there.. How about all the games he played in College? WHOOPS.. You should feel pretty stupid now.

You know, instead of just cherry picking and being a horrible poster, why not man up and quote me correctly with the entire quote. If you did, you wouldn't look ignorant.

Let me help you out.

That's what I said. With the implication being that the Pats didn't NEED Randy Moss. That he's a luxury. BTW, the Pats have had a solid running game and defense each of the last 2 years. It's why the defense has been in the top 10 in points allowed in both cases.

Your not letting this go are you??? If you feel you want this to continue, I saw chad jackson and bethal johnson as well in college Hmm how did that turn out... And as some one said Tate has more knee problems... I guess I should just hope for the rest of Tom Brady's carrer as a Pat that they should just keep signing college QB's and turn them into WR and just see what happens... Like I said its on to Baltimore, but this is a huge loss for the Pats, and when you see Belichick go to the inj player ( he did not do it for Brady) , you know its a big loss.. But Im not going to debate with you anymore,because its pointless...

Jangles - The point is probably going to be moot since the Pats are likely to be extremely limited on who they can sign.

you're moot

Jabar Gaffney today ..... 14 receptions, 213 yards

Sam Aiken season ..... 20 receptions, 326 yards

PATHETIC!

PATHETIC!

At least we saved money........to sign Kazcur to a long term deal:)

PATHETIC!

Not really pathetic considering that Aiken only caught 28 passes

in 7 years with Miami. What is pathetic is that Aiken is the best

player Belichick could come up with.

PATHETIC!
Yea I'm suprised that Gaffney didnt put up a better season for the Bronks...I figured 40 catches at about 600 yds for him this year.

Last edited:
GUess I shouldn't have expected more from you. Sorry for giving you the benefit of the doubt..

Unfair

I felt the only rational response was one in lighthearted jest since I didn't feel like showing my displeasure that you are probably right.

While finding a legitimate "Moss replacement" style receiver is important it takes a backseat to several other issues and will probably not be addressed if they're are restricted

Your not letting this go are you??? If you feel you want this to continue, I saw chad jackson and bethal johnson as well in college Hmm how did that turn out...

Jackson couldn't earn Brady's trust. Johnson couldn't run a route to save his life... Big difference between them and Tate.

And as some one said Tate has more knee problems...

Tate doesn't have "MORE" knee problems. The knee wasn't up to where the Pats and his doctors wanted it to be so they shut him down. There are certain things that can only be tested in game situations.

I guess I should just hope for the rest of Tom Brady's carrer as a Pat that they should just keep signing college QB's and turn them into WR and just see what happens...

Why is it that with people like you its an ALL or NOTHING thing? Why can't you just accept that WR might be an issue, but not as big of an issue as you'd like to make it out to be? Can you just not comprehend the idea?

Like I said its on to Baltimore, but this is a huge loss for the Pats, and when you see Belichick go to the inj player ( he did not do it for Brady) , you know its a big loss.. But Im not going to debate with you anymore,because its pointless...

I never said losing Welker wasn't a big loss. But we weren't talking about Welker or his injury in this thread. We were talking about the need at WR. You exaggerated the Patriots situation and got called on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft