PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Free agents!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DP937

Rookie
Reaction score
Is it just me or have Pats be getting burned in Free agency past few seasons.. Seem as if they have be losing out on players left and right.. I know a lot of teams are over paying, but some seem to come down to a manageable deal. And especially when it comes to a position of need sometimes you have to spend!! IDK just was a thought!! We been needing WR help for a while now!! Come on!!

gronk gets hurt = season over.s o much pressure on that guy.

....brandon lafell on line 1...

thats just how the pats work BB is not going to give starting WR money to someone that is not a elite player i am sure some would love for BB to give 7 million per on Kearse but i just dont see it heaping,

IMO zero Elite player hit the FA market maybe forte but he is 30 years old we will see. im sure the pats will find a bargain in a FA class full of life long back ups having career years and geting over paid

Guys... we're not overpaying for what was out there. Yes, the Broncos approach worked this year. The Patriots approach worked last year.

We'll find someone. Maybe Boldin, mate Kearse, maybe a trade. But us not throwing money around is the norm. You'd think after 15 years we'd be used to it as fans.

How many "big money" free agents have we signed and have worked out? Revis doesn't count because he was a Day 2 or 3 guy (and I think BB knew Revis was getting released and that was why he didn't sign Talib). Adalius Thomas? Sort of. Roosevelt Colvin? Yes, in a way. We sign so few of them I can't even think of any others.

We're Patriot fans. We don't sign big money FA's unless they are true game changers. I don't think any of todays WR's fall into that category. Maybe Mathews will be one day, but he's still too unknown.

I think BB might sign Boldin or Jones. He may also have a trade or two up his sleeve.

It seems like they were really close with Rishard Mattews. I'm hopeful they'll go after Kearse and get a somewhat team friendly deal now that the first phase of FA is over. He really came on at the end of the season when the Hawks aired it out. He's 6'1", has shown some good deep speed, and high points and fights for the ball. He doesn't wait for the ball to come to him. He also looks like a natural "hands" catcher, rather than a body catcher like some. I think he'd be a solid get. Here's his last game of the year in case you guys haven't seen him.

Edit: apparently you have to go the actual link on youtube. Thanks NFL.

The second-to-last time the Pats went to the Superbowl, they made 2 big splash free agents: Albert Haynesworth and Chad Johnson. Obviously they both stunk. I'd rather they get guys that will contribute than those that make the headlines.

Last edited:
The second-to-last time the Pats went to the Superbowl, they made 2 big splash free agents: Albert Haynesworth and Chad Jackson. Obviously they both stunk. I'd rather they get guys that will contribute than those that make the headlines.

I don't think it happened that way, did it?

I thought those additions happened during the summer/training camp period, and I thought they came via trades for draft picks right before the season started--not big, free agent splashes in March.

Either way, I agree with your overall point about additions to the team. I'm sure we'll see some areas addressed in the coming days/weeks, and it's a shame that so many bought into the "we always make big moves after losing to Peyton Manning" ******** theory.

I'd take Kearse/Harvin/Streater/Johnson.

For some of these teams this is their Superbowl, winning free agency or having a great draft in April.. wait until December lets see how this pans out..

For those not paying attention, this is the way we usually do business.. there is a plan and the Pats are not going to deviate from it..

I'd be ok with Kearse if Tom Brady suddenly grew Russell Wilsons legs. That receiver made a living off of Wilson extending plays. I honestly don't think he is a fit.
Are you saying Kerse can't run precise routes and is more of a free lancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes