PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's say NE keeps 5; Lloyd, Welker, Gaffney, Stallworth, and Slater. Branch and Johnson get cut. Do either of them have anything to offer the Bills as a 2/3 or are these two guys cooked?

Keep in mind our #1 ATM is really a #2 on most other teams and our #2 is really a #3/4 possesion guy that has peaked IMO.

Can your WR fodder help our club or not?

If the Patriots only kept those 5, I'd say that Edelman and Branch could both probably help the Bill in one way or another. With Johnson, it would be an issue of playbook/precision route reads. He was not sufficiently versed in the system the Patriots run even after an entire season, and it's pretty clear that all those years in a more relaxed system didn't equip him to grasp such exact systems with ease.

With Johnson, it would be an issue of playbook/precision route reads. He was not sufficiently versed in the system the Patriots run even after an entire season, and it's pretty clear that all those years in a more relaxed system didn't equip him to grasp such exact systems with ease.

Thx for the feedback DI. Your opinion is always valued.

Part of me would like to take a chance on Johnson if he does get cut, but the other part asks why he would be a fit in B-Lo if he could not grasp his routes after an entire year with NE, especially since the cut is sure to come later in camp when he would then have to learn a whole new system.

Is the Buffalo system based on precision routes?

I really have no idea. I've seen Johnson break big plays on his skills alone but I never got the sense he runs crisp routes...I've seen the Bills run up big numbers passing and then the next game it's like the passing game went extinct...I can't really say who their possession receiver is, even after watching them twice a season at least. Perhaps Chad Johnson WOULD be a good fit. I'd hate to see Edelman snatched up by them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back