PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Aaron Dobson signed

uh yeah...OK...if YOU say so...after all ...YOU wanted Keenan Allen...THIS Keena1n Allen..

d0520ka.jpg

That happy gentleman sipping on a cup there at right is Keenan Allen. He's living the high life right now, enjoying his status as a newly-minted NFL draft pick. Problem is, he's a draft pick of the San Diego Chargers ... and that there is a Raiders hat on his head.

Rookie move, KA.

This past weekend, Allen was trying a little social-media outreach, recording himself on Vine visiting an In-N-Out Burger. And, as so often happens when athletes get unfiltered access to the public, things turned ugly.

Now, it's generally good form not to in any way endorse your competitors; if you're a Coke spokesman, you don't want to get caught drinking a Pepsi, for instance. But you can figure that Allen, who went to college at Cal, might be a Raiders fan from way back, and almost surely owned the hat before he was drafted in the third round by that bolt-oriented team to the south. Reasonable mistake, right? We can all agree that it was a simple oversight, can't we?

Of course not. This is NFL fandom we're talking about here. Chargers faithful saw the hat and absolutely went ballistic. Lob Shots compiled a few of the best Twitter responses. Some of the lines we can actually share:

"if that's post draft, that kid is an idiot. I won't be rooting for him." -@habitualistic

"Typical San Diego! If he wore that in Denver he would get destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -@dnel0780

"Welcome to San Diego. Now burn that Raiders hat" -@crackpotjack

Oh wait...let's BASH our draft pick and wish for THIS turd...nice idea, Whinestein.

LOL, well played Joker. Hernandez is a double-edged sword right now... on the one hand you want to say he is a rare case of a pro athlete getting into EXTREMELY rare trouble so don't start losing perspective about other players on the team, and then you realize that he's an extremely rare case. :mad:

So for the next 5 or 6 months, the Pats can expect the following

1. Wes Welker catching TDs from Peyton Manning
2. Danny Amendola getting shipped to Beth Israel after suffering a season ending injury while cooking breakfast
3. Chad Johnson picking up trash on I-95 for community service
4. Gronk comes back in Week 9ish ...plays the Billsand scores 3 TDs to make us think he's back even though we don't need him for that game, we need him for Baltimore/Denver/Frisco which he's not going to be around for
5. Julian Edelman concussed while sneezing
6. Deion Branch reading the Bible with Tebow,
7. Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
8. Aaron Dobson rookie of the year:D

to tell you the truth, 3333...for the first time since I gulped the koolaid back in 2002 i have NO IDEA what to expect from this coming season.

They say "one door closes...another door opens" and I have to believe there's something to that adage. This Hernandez situation,in a vacuum, opens the door to the legions of psychotic crazed haters who have been frothing and gurgling on the fringes the past five or six years...extrapoloting this OUT into the months ahead and one could easily see the team fracturing and the beginning crumbles of the dynasty falling to the floor with a loud crash....BUT...with the Chosen One on the roster, one has to be suicidal to attack the Pats now with the "they're all just criminals and the whole Pats thing is a lie!!!" strategem. You'd be, pardon the pun, CRUCIFIED.

Any freshman college matriculate sees the PR move here...in with the Chosen...out with the Woe-sen.....and if the Hernandez issue doesn't calm down the Gronk escapades, I'm betting nothing will. Is my glass half full?...yeah...I prefer it that way.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back