PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Aaron Dobson signed

Happy News: All draft picks signed

Yippee! That's great!

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 2m

The Patriots have signed WR Aaron Dobson, their final draft pick yet to sign.

Next Jerry Rice.

Make it happen, Cap'in

Dobson, Amendola, Gronkowski, Herna.....

tumblr_inline_mlxv007G7B1qz4rgp.gif

Excited to see what he can do.

This is the only news of note this week, right?

RIGHT?

He needs to get healthy for TC.

Hopefully he's got his face buried in the playbook. I follow Dobson on Twitter, and he posted a pic of himself, Boyce and Buchanon, and don't you know, they were all flashing gang signs. I tweeted him and asked him why that was necessary. Here we are a week later and we are talking about Hernandez and gangs. Hopefully Dobson is smarter, he may have to play the role of Hernandez in our offense.

Hopefully he's got his face buried in the playbook. I follow Dobson on Twitter, and he posted a pic of himself, Boyce and Buchanon, and don't you know, they were all flashing gang signs. I tweeted him and asked him why that was necessary. Here we are a week later and we are talking about Hernandez and gangs. Hopefully Dobson is smarter, he may have to play the role of Hernandez in our offense.

Photo by a_dobson3 • Instagram

This pic? Those arent gang signs lol.

That's too bad, I wanted Keenan Allen and that just makes it worse:mad:

Like I said before, this kid is mature, smart, 6'3 and has nice size, versatile, his speed is deceptively fast, he's quick, runs great routes, stop and goes, long stride, great reach, physical and hands of gold. Excellent Goal-line target potential and perimeter down field potential as well. And he is from Marshall (had to throw that in there ;) the best out of Marshall since Randy Moss.. Troy Brown was a great one too, we have a nice track record with that school and receivers who just happened to be the best two we've ever had. Some compare him to Larry Fitzgerald because of his potential and what they've seen him do on the field. And I like the fact that he played in a complex, pro-like offensive collegiate system is a huge plus. Whether or not all of that will pan out is yet to be seen, but chances are high considering who is throwing him the ball, and who he is learning from and who is teaching him. And these days, receivers normally come into the league and produce right away, maybe not at an elite level as that may take a year or two but still impactful and productive enough, and remember, Tom doesn't even need elite level receivers. But that's what he could very well have in the potentially talented Aaron Dobson.

Hate to tell you, holding 2 fingers straight up is a peace or victory sign. Two fingers sideways is also known as to "chunk a deuce", used to acknowledge someone, it was first used by Houston gangs.

I just chunked a deuce to my neighbor, am I in a gang without knowing it? (It means peace out or just acknowledging somebody but is also vaguely scatological.)

Re: Dobson, can he play tight end? :bricks:

Hate to tell you, holding 2 fingers straight up is a peace or victory sign. Two fingers sideways is also known as to "chunk a deuce", used to acknowledge someone, it was first used by Houston gangs.

Not clear. Is it your position that gang signs are being flashed in that pic? If so, you need to get out more.

Suddenly this kids rookie production has become significantly more important. Please don't let us down!

About the supposed gang signs...from the little I know, Dobson doesn't have the baggage of Ahern off the field. Paul Pierce also flashed a gang sign on the court a few years back. Lets not get hysterical.

Scott, they're not gang signs.

Happy to have Dobson on board.

so...a few days ago the hysterics were bawking up funnel clouds of "Dobson isn't signed yet!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"...now that he's signed, he's a turd gang member and a bust because of a photos of his fingers.

Man, I wish there was a way of separating these squirrelly little cowards that persistently pollute this fan board with anti-Patriot hysterics.

so...a few days ago the hysterics were bawking up funnel clouds of "Dobson isn't signed yet!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"...now that he's signed, he's a turd gang member and a bust because of a photos of his fingers.

Man, I wish there was a way of separating these squirrelly little cowards that persistently pollute this fan board with anti-Patriot hysterics.

Given all this business with Ahern do you think there's a good reason for people to be a bit sensitive to potential gang issues with players?

uh yeah...OK...if YOU say so...after all ...YOU wanted Keenan Allen...THIS Keena1n Allen..

d0520ka.jpg

That happy gentleman sipping on a cup there at right is Keenan Allen. He's living the high life right now, enjoying his status as a newly-minted NFL draft pick. Problem is, he's a draft pick of the San Diego Chargers ... and that there is a Raiders hat on his head.

Rookie move, KA.

This past weekend, Allen was trying a little social-media outreach, recording himself on Vine visiting an In-N-Out Burger. And, as so often happens when athletes get unfiltered access to the public, things turned ugly.

Now, it's generally good form not to in any way endorse your competitors; if you're a Coke spokesman, you don't want to get caught drinking a Pepsi, for instance. But you can figure that Allen, who went to college at Cal, might be a Raiders fan from way back, and almost surely owned the hat before he was drafted in the third round by that bolt-oriented team to the south. Reasonable mistake, right? We can all agree that it was a simple oversight, can't we?

Of course not. This is NFL fandom we're talking about here. Chargers faithful saw the hat and absolutely went ballistic. Lob Shots compiled a few of the best Twitter responses. Some of the lines we can actually share:

"if that's post draft, that kid is an idiot. I won't be rooting for him." -@habitualistic

"Typical San Diego! If he wore that in Denver he would get destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -@dnel0780

"Welcome to San Diego. Now burn that Raiders hat" -@crackpotjack

Oh wait...let's BASH our draft pick and wish for THIS turd...nice idea, Whinestein.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back