PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you want a Pats vs Giants Rematch Superbowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dream scenario: beat Colts, beat Ravens, beat Giants

3 stupid fan bases (and Suggs) are silenced!

The Giants probably match up better against the Patriots than any other team in the NFL, and people want to meet them in the Super Bowl. :bricks:

Got that right. The "blueprint", if there is one, involves getting huge pressure on Brady, with just the front 4. The Giants can do that.

Got that right. The "blueprint", if there is one, involves getting huge pressure on Brady, with just the front 4. The Giants can do that.

I agree, but GB seemed to have it down pretty well too.

Chicken Littles with no balls will pick average sides on inflated probabilities of winning and the sole objective of winning said game.

I prefer to beat the best at their best in the biggest occasion there is. Every single person of elite performance thinks that way.

Well, you may have 2007 play out all over again where the Patriots had the toughest schedule in the NFL that year - and then lost.

Sure, we'd all like to beat the best. But you may end of losing. That's why I want the easiest possible schedule and a Super Bowl victory - unless you enjoy looking back on 2007...

How about first winning Playoff game #1 versus whatever team is the opponent. And then go from there.
Given the thread is about the potential for a Patriots-Giants Superbowl rematch I suggest you reassess your position.

The Giants probably match up better against the Patriots than any other team in the NFL, and people want to meet them in the Super Bowl. :bricks:
You're a proven knob with no balls.

Well, you may have 2007 play out all over again where the Patriots had the toughest schedule in the NFL that year - and then lost.

Sure, we'd all like to beat the best. But you may end of losing. That's why I want the easiest possible schedule and a Super Bowl victory - unless you enjoy looking back on 2007...
I'll wager you've never been an elite sportsperson. This is the gauntlet you always run.

I would want the Patriots to play the team which, matchup-wise, would give us the best chance of winning. I don't care who it happens to be.

49ers, Rams or Seahawks

agree with this... i think some people are a little overconfident atm... we have a great team but lets not pretend we are a walk up victory against these teams... IND and Balt are tough matchups for us and Philly, New York, NO and Atlanta are all good teams in the NFC... i'll take St louise in the SB

agree with this... i think some people are a little overconfident atm... we have a great team but lets not pretend we are a walk up victory against these teams... IND and Balt are tough matchups for us and Philly, New York, NO and Atlanta are all good teams in the NFC... i'll take St louise in the SB
I'd like you to explain to me in detail why it's over confidence to want to test yourself against the very best of the opposition on the biggest stage of all knowing that there is only ever two outcomes. If you can successfully do that, then I might take the I'd like to play the NFC West brigade seriously.

Do you know why beating the Rams was such an amazing effort in Superbowl 36? They were the #1 seed and blasted through the Packers and Eagles. The Rams were 14 point favorites. Try and make an argument for this not being your favorite Patriots game of all time. Pats-Panthers (#1 vs #3) and Pats-Eagles (#2 vs #1). The Giants caught 7 different kinds of 7 smoke against the Patriots in SB42. These things happen.

Call me stupid but I'd rather play the Rams in SB36 several times over knowing they were a better unit that season. That doesn't matter to me as the Patriots were a better unit on the day. That's the great thing about showdowns.

Christ all this talk of playoffs has me chomping at the bit for some post-season action.

Last edited:
Philly is not as good as you think atm. They had some significant injuries in the past few weeks, and they were one tackle/on sides kicks from being the team that everyone is giving up on. They should beat Minnesota at home, but that Dallas game is going to be interesting.

I'll wager you've never been an elite sportsperson. This is the gauntlet you always run.

I'm speaking as a fan, not a competitor.

That being said, I'm not elite - although historically I'm significantly better than the next guy. :)

I just realized that the game is on Fox, so I change my answer to NO.

Glad I saved some of this:

4177480344_e38fd57f4d.jpg

And do I want to see the Giants anywhere near the SB because I hated them long before 2007?

steve-carell.gif

Last edited:
giants only won cuz brady's ankle was busted. seriosly, brady is the best QB in the league at side stepping inside pass rushes.

been praying for it since the darn thing ended 3 years ago

We're a long way from there at 12-2 but I want the Pats in the Superbowl. I don't care who they play.

Has this not been one of the best years to be a Pats fan ever? In the preseason, did anyone seriously think we'd be in the driver's seat for HFA with 2 games left in the regular season?

I would love to draw the Giants in the Super Bowl and give them an old-fashioned, early 90's style Super Bowl drubbing. The kind where people turn their TVs off after the Black Eyed Peas are finished rapping about their lady lumps.

I would love to draw the Saints. Tom Brady has beaten Kurt Warner, Steve McNair, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisburger, Donovan McNabb and Phillip Rivers in the playoffs. It would be sweet to add Drew Brees to that list.

But the matchup of all matchups would be the Eagles. The storylines are endless. You have the rematch game. You have the battle of MVP vs. MVP runner up. You have the contrasts both in style of play and in career arc of Brady and Vick. You have the games two most explosive offenses going head to head. You have Asante Samuel trying to seal a SB win after letting one slip through his hands 3 years ago. That game would be awesome.

The Giants will NOT be in the SB anytime soon. I hold no grudge against the Giants for SB 42. That loss was ALL the Pats fault.

You're a better person than I.

I still remember the Giants arriving in Arizona with funeral garb on (they admitted it was "for the death of the Patriots' season"). I remember the smugness of all those New York fans pissing on our graves, celebrating the Patriots' defeat more than their team's victory (18-1 chants). Strahan gloating about stomping on the Patriots in the parade. I could tell you that when the Pats won SB 36, it was never about Rams schadenfreude, and all about OMFG WE ACTUALLY WON THE SB!!!

I don't begrudge the Giants team themselves. It was a remarkable performance and one that I'm sure we'd all have appreciated much more if it didn't come at our expense. But the Giants still represent that moment in time when I hated everybody who dogpiled on the Patriots all season and got to have the last laugh, a moment that never stops being unfair to me. It also allowed NY fans to get their mojo back, and it wasn't long after that we saw the MFY win the WS. THAT is why I carry the grudge. The Giants were enablers of all this bad Boston sports baggage that we're carrying around today and I delight in seeing them CRUSHED at every opportunity.
Yup, not for the same reasons cuz the Red Sox suck, but I was at work the other day in the break room and they showed that Deshawn Jackson Punt return TD and all I could think was "I could watch that every day for the rest of my life" There is no amount of football pain that could be inflicted on the Giants or their fans that would quench the thirst of my revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News