PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade for Chad Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisticuffs

Rookie
Reaction score
Reports from several sources indicate that Chad Johnson could have been on the trading block. Bengals management have said that they are just rumors and you shouldn't read into it. So the question is, if Johnson somehow, someway ends up on the trading block, would you trade a first round pick for him?

Face it, where the Pats stand in the draft, Johnson is clearly better than anybody else they could pick at #21. If I were a GM, I would first have to sit down with Johnson, like they did with Corey Dillon. If he fits into the teams plans, I would be more than happy having Johnson and Branch as my #1 and #2 recievers.

What would you do?

re:

I'd love it, but it's never going to happen.

He's signed through 2009 to a huge contract and signing bonus.

Plus, why would Cinn ever trade him? He's their best weapon for Carson Palmer, and he puts butts in the seats with his funny antics and celebrations. He's also in the prime of his career.

This is a SILLY question. If we don't keep responding to the thread, it will slowly die away.

I know it's silly, but anything can happen! It's a freakin question for cryin' out loud!

While the media has let him off the hook, I continue to hear that all off the record comments back up the half time story that had him whining about his opportunities and swinging at his coaches.

After watching him ad nauseum this week self promoting himself at the pro bowl, where he did nothing, I'd pass. He's a younger TO who thus far has appeared less selfish than silly and self absorbed. But its early yet. If Palmer isn't ready to pick up where he left off you may start to see more of the ugly side of #85 in a hurry. And while his act may still seem to amuse his peers and fans, I think his teamates and coaches will have a lot less patience with his "antics" going forward.

I'm with Mo on this one, he's T.O. waiting to happen IMO.

Uh, YES! I love Chad. Nice dream to have.

MoLewisrocks said:
While the media has let him off the hook, I continue to hear that all off the record comments back up the half time story that had him whining about his opportunities and swinging at his coaches.

After watching him ad nauseum this week self promoting himself at the pro bowl, where he did nothing, I'd pass. He's a younger TO who thus far has appeared less selfish than silly and self absorbed. But its early yet. If Palmer isn't ready to pick up where he left off you may start to see more of the ugly side of #85 in a hurry. And while his act may still seem to amuse his peers and fans, I think his teamates and coaches will have a lot less patience with his "antics" going forward.

Couldn't have written it better myself, and what's with the gold teeth?

Chad may have had a bad moment during halftime, but to me the T.O. comparison is not apt. Chad's a good guy, and a great player. I'd give a #1 and a #3.

patsox23 said:
Chad may have had a bad moment during halftime, but to me the T.O. comparison is not apt. Chad's a good guy, and a great player. I'd give a #1 and a #3.

A bad halftime moment? He threw a fit in the locker room of a playoff game at halftime because he wasn't getting his touches. According to all but the official account from the team he swung at coaches during this tirade.

Did I mention this was a playoff game - one that the Bengals were winning at the time?

To call that "a bad moment during halftime" is an understatement.

dhamz said:
A bad halftime moment? He threw a fit in the locker room of a playoff game at halftime because he wasn't getting his touches. According to all but the official account from the team he swung at coaches during this tirade.

Did I mention this was a playoff game - one that the Bengals were winning at the time?

To call that "a bad moment during halftime" is an understatement.

He's also a distraction all year long with his planned and practiced choreography, or whatever you want to call it. Belichick would tolerate him about as much as he would cheerleaders at practice. There is a great line from coach Bill on one of the DVD's, maybe Three Games to Glory III. He's saying, in a very stern for him voice: 'after the play, let's concentrate on the next play and have less talking and jabbering', something like that. He probably cringes a little even when Branch does his little celebrations. No Chad Goldteeth in Foxboro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes