PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you have traded for Suh??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Yes Yes and Yes, I would have traded a ton of picks for Suh.

What a stud, once in a generation type DT with the versatility to convert to DE in our defense.

PS: I think we still could have gotten McCourty in the second round, but the Ravens would have stolen Gronkowski from us. And we could have stolen Cody from the Ravens.

Suh - Cody - Wilfork! What a D Line. We give up maybe 70 YPG on the ground with that D Line.

And about 400 through the air.

No way I'm giving up McCourty. You realize he has a chance to be a lockdown corner in the mold of Champ Bailey and Revis? He's probably a top 5 corner in the AFC, if not the league right now as a roookie. Those are much more rare than Dominant D-linemen. Heck, we already have a dominant d-lineman in Wilfork

Now I'm not a pop fan here, and I am not of the "trade up" style unless you can get a super-impact player. Last year I proposed the trade of basically McCourty, Spikes, Brace and the Raiders pick at #17 for Suh. To me he was the surest thing since I've been keeping track, cant remember the last rookie DL to start their first Pro Bowl. Now we can look at it differently I still say do that trade even knowing how well these others came through this year. I cant help but think that at DE this year he couldnt have caused more commotion than the CB. What do you think knowing how rare such a DL like that is??
How does Brace even come into the conversation?

Trading up to draft Suh = Jest win the AFC East. I like how things worked out without that trade.

And about 400 through the air.

That's why we need a healthy Mike Wright type situational D Line pass rusher and pass rushing demons at OLB's. (ie: Kerrigan)

With a decent pass rush, that 400 is cut in half.

You know, Ochmed, it makes me realize we really missed those situational rush D-linemen like Jarvis Green.

this topic is a waste of time...focus on what you have ..not what you could have had....

If we traded for Suh, Suh may very well have been rookie of the year, and the patriots would have been fighting for a wildcard spot and perhaps getting, and perhaps not.

If we traded for Suh, Suh may very well have been rookie of the year, and the patriots would have been fighting for a wildcard spot and perhaps getting, and perhaps not.

If we had traded for Suh, the question would be, would his pressure at the front be enough to compensate on losing out on a #1 CB stud in McCourty. Our offense would not have taken it to the next level without the additions of Hernandez and Gronkowski imo. The scary thing is these kids can become even better in year 2.

OTOH, let me point this fact out: Suh's contract is worth between $60M and $68M.

That is roughly equivalent to the rookie contracts of the Patriots' 2009 and 2010 rookie classes—combined.

As awesome as Suh might be, the cost would just be too high.

That is absolutely insane when you really stop and think about it. The draft pick cost would be too much to make the deal (our entire 2010 draft value wouldn't equal the #2 pick), but you're absolutely correct, the salary implications make it insane to do.

That would be our starting safety, starting RT, true #1 corner, 2 starting LBs, 2 amazing young TEs, #3 and #4 WRs, several rotational DLs and a back-up CB as well as a huge upgrade at punter. That's easily one-quarter of the roster vs. 1 player.

suh;s good but thats a lot to give up for one player, especially if one appears to have legitimate lockdown corner skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News