Would you have gone for 2?

• Yes

Votes: 42 37.2%
  • No

Votes: 71 62.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No we were in good shape going to overtime, we just blew it.

BB played the odds well. You have a 50-50 chance of winning the coin toss and the winner of the toss has a leg up on winning the game. OK, we lost the toss but we overcame that by having the Jets on a third-and-15 deep in their end. You can't ask for a better opportunity after losing the coin toss to start overtime. All we needed was to make them punt and we probably win.

You need to weigh the odds of making the 2-point conversion vs. winning the coin toss. The conversion attempt likely would have been a pass play. We converted a two-pointer via pass earlier. What are the chances of doing it twice? I didn't hear BB asked about going for 2 in his press conference, maybe he'll address it today.

No way. BB would have been vilified had they gone for two and failed. Not to mention the yards the Pats o was piling up.

I believe 95% of the leagues coaches would have done the same there.

I would have been very curious to see what the public reaction would have been had Shanny failed for two; he was in pretty much the exact same scenario back in Week 2 (?) vs. SD. Home team. Offense on roll. Gassed (or in his case NO) defense.

It's easy to say after the fact I suppose - but during the game I thought going for two would of been an interesting way to finish the game.

Maybe line up for a kick, then sneak someone out to the left as if they where leaving the field... have Gost throw it just like vintage vinny :p

Maybe line up for a kick, then sneak someone out to the left as if they where leaving the field... have Gost throw it just like vintage vinny :p

I'd much rather have a quarterback throw it from the 2 yard line than a kicker from the 10. ;)

Yes for 1 simple reason: i don't want to depend on our wounded D too much.

Last edited:
NO! BB made the right decision. We were playing a lot better in the second half, momentum was on our side. No question. The only thing I want is to change the stupid sudden death overtime rules. Coin flip shouldn't determine the winner. Both teams need a shot at it with their offense.

I called 2pt before the TD. I knew the winner of the coin toss would determin the outcome. I would have rather had a 50/50 on the 2pt rather than the 50/50 on coin toss.

I'd much rather have a quarterback throw it from the 2 yard line than a kicker from the 10. ;)

Perhaps - but they would expect the QB scenario :p

Watching the game live I thought about going for 2, but BB made the right decision. Cassel was so fired up after the TD, I couldnt see him being able to calm down and run a play. Plus the Pats already went for 2 earlier, and the Jets probably would be ready. Definitely the right call kicking the PAT.

I had a premonition that the Jets won the coin toss and scored to win the game, so yes, I would have definitely gone for two....that, and I'm an idiot...just ask my wife.

no, imho.
at that time it was a good decision: the right one

No, we had outscored the Jets 25-7 from the end of the 2nd half until that point. We had the momentum and BB did the right thing trying to carry that into OT. Even after losing the coin toss we SHOULD have had a 3 and out and gotten the ball wih good field position.

I think they did the right thing by kicking the extra point. What is success percentage of a 2 point conversion?

They had a 50-50 shot at winning the coin toss. Had the won the coint toss, I am very confident that the Pats would have driven within FG range and won the game.

Even having lost the coin toss, they had GB in a 3 and very long situation. The failure to prevent GB from getting that first down is inexcusible and is the reason one would even second guess the extra point call.

The only way I could see going for the 2 pts is if our defense had been getting killed in the latter part of the game. It really wasn't like that, so why risk losing the game on a failed 2 pt conversion attempt?

No way should they have gone for two. That is the domain of those teams that almost couldn't care if they win or lose. See the Chiefs last week. I never see OT as a 50-50 coin toss. We had them at 3rd and 15, backed up even after we lost the toin flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back