PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Kraft ever let Belichick trade Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now on I promise that I will never will click on a thread like this.

I am not saying trade Brady.... but the idea is interesting....

No it's NOT an interesting idea. It's a horrific idea. It's an idea that equates to obliterating your testicles with a sledgehammer. Sound interesting anymore?

I would seriously consider making that type deal if we could get a team to overpay for Brady.

You can't overpay for Brady. It's impossible. Your mindset is unhealthy. Seek help :eek:

Until this team has a backup QB like the capabilities of Steve Young,Brady is going nowhere,With Hoyer I bet we go 4-12,Matt Cassel cinderella seasons are BEYOND RARE.

With that said I would not be surprised if the team looks in the draft for a top rated QB who is still around the 3rd round - Tebow,Maybe

Until this team has a backup QB like the capabilities of Steve Young,Brady is going nowhere,With Hoyer I bet we go 4-12,Matt Cassel cinderella seasons are BEYOND RARE.

With that said I would not be surprised if the team looks in the draft for a top rated QB who is still around the 3rd round - Tebow,Maybe

Are you seriously saying that Tim Tebow could be Brady's replacement....::confused:

Re: Would Kraft ever let Belichick trade Brady ?

So we trade Brady and get a few missing pieces but then lose our starting QB which is probably the most important position when it comes to winning a SB. Can these idiotic threads stop...

With an average QB we would have been 6-10 this year.
We may be a few players away WITH Brady. We are a roster away without him.

Are you seriously saying that Tim Tebow could be Brady's replacement....::confused:

One never knows..I do think that BB and his best buddy coach Meyer down in Florida have discussed Tebow a little bit,It depends if Tebow falls to round 3.

Last edited:
Are you out of your mind? Those are the three best players on a .500 team, including maybe the best linebacker and the best tight end in all of the NFL, plus two #1's? SF could go back down to 4 - 12 giving up all of that for a QB who has been great but we don't know how he does from here. You do know that some QBs lose it after 9 - 10 years in the league, right?

I am old enough to remember the Patriots trading another quarterback
to the 49ers after the 1975 season.

We got a couple draft picks for that QB....
We drafted a couple DB's with those picks.....
Mike Haynes & Tim Fox
Did you ever hear of them?

Last edited:
The question by the OP was whether Kraft would let belichick trade Brady. I think that the answer is clearly "yes". Kraft would ALLOW Belichick to make any trade that belichick views is in the best interest of the patriots.

One never knows..I do think that BB and his best buddy coach Meyer down in Florida have discussed Tebow a little bit,It depends if Tebow falls to round 3.

Do you realize that Tebow is not an NFL QB? He is more of a wildcat QB. The Pats dont run anything even close to the wildcat. I dont see Tebow being a good fit at all in NE and for sure is not Brady's replacement

Mike Haynes & Tim Fox

Jim Plunkett was no Tom Brady, especially during his early career. plus we have plenty of good picks for this upcoming draft.

No it's NOT an interesting idea. It's a horrific idea. It's an idea that equates to obliterating your testicles with a sledgehammer. Sound interesting anymore?

You can't overpay for Brady. It's impossible. Your mindset is unhealthy. Seek help :eek:

Well put on both counts. SF could offer their whole worthless team for Brady and it still wouldn't be enough.

any financial buffs here? Remember the UK used to issue debt in perpetuity known as consols? It was a t-bill that paid a coupon ever year for ever - no expiration.

I'd trade Brady for a 2nd round pick in perpetuity.

Last edited:
The question by the OP was whether Kraft would let belichick trade Brady. I think that the answer is clearly "yes". Kraft would ALLOW Belichick to make any trade that belichick views is in the best interest of the patriots.

Close.

Kraft would ALLOW Belichick to make any trade that belichick views is in the best interest of the patriots so long as he does not vehemently disagree.

I have this feeling if that particular discussion has ever happened, it was a very, VERY long meeting involving such things as Pro Shop revenues and ticket sales.

Mike Haynes & Tim Fox
Sure I've heard of them, but, today, why would the 49ers trade away their best receivers plus an all world LB and 2 first rounders for a QB who may be on the way down? Even if he was still great, who would Brady have left to throw to? Isaac Bruce and Arnaz Battle? :rofl:

Some Boston/New England fans think the rest of the teams exist just to give up their best players to the Boston/NE teams.

what a PR Nightmare that would be.

That's not true. At some level decisions become ownership level decisions. Even Moss was. And I guarantee you Seymour was as well.

That said, I don't think Brady will ever be traded because I don't think they would even consider it until he showed he was truly entering the downside of his career (which would also limit his trade value) and frankly I think he's the kind of guy who will walk away if he believes he can't compete and function at the highest level.

In something of a bizarre turn of fate, Brady the QB has emerged as Bill the DC's football matters guy. Each has the others back and backs each other play. They're like the couple after 30 years that finishes each others sentences. And Kraft the businessman knows the value Brady will have to this team even after he retires. Kinda like the reason the Packers tried to pay Favre to just stay retired rather than ruin a legacy that had long term financial implications for all of them.

actually, it is very true......BB is president of football operations and it was clear when he signed that he has ultimate say in anything football related........there may be discussions, but kraft learned the hard way what it means to meddle when he overrode parcells decision and drafted terry glenn......then the carroll years came.......don't forget that BB walked right out the same door with parcells....don't forget how BB left the jets.....BB is clearly leveraged to make any decisions he deems fit and if the owner don't like it, he can find someone else. on top of that, kraft is a business man....he knows when to delegate regarding matters he knows relatively little about........kraft does not meddle in any decisions that are made by the guy who helped more than double krafts investment in the team.....kraft just stays out of the way and has fun in his box

actually, it is very true......BB is president of football operations and it was clear when he signed that he has ultimate say in anything football related........there may be discussions, but kraft learned the hard way what it means to meddle when he overrode parcells decision and drafted terry glenn......then the carroll years came.......don't forget that BB walked right out the same door with parcells....don't forget how BB left the jets.....BB is clearly leveraged to make any decisions he deems fit and if the owner don't like it, he can find someone else. on top of that, kraft is a business man....he knows when to delegate regarding matters he knows relatively little about........kraft does not meddle in any decisions that are made by the guy who helped more than double krafts investment in the team.....kraft just stays out of the way and has fun in his box

Kraft signed off on Moss after he had a sitdown with the owner. Had he said no Bill would have not proceeded. There are some calls that are ownership calls on any team. Belichick and Kraft have an understanding born of mutual respect. He doesn't make the big ticket signings on controversial trades without the consent of ownership. Kraft doesn't interfere in his day to day operations or play fanboy fantasy advisor because he respects Bill's judgement and opinions. But he does set the annual budget for football operations. And when it comes to franchise level decisions like trading a HOF QB or the $$$ dedicated to his extension or trading away a marquee player like Seymour or acquiring a potential problematic talent, those decisions are made as an organization.

Bill would have stayed behind in 1996 had be been asked to. Kraft thought about it but felt the timing wasn't right and felt he needed to cut ties with the Parcell's regime altogether. He came quick when called in 2000, even going to war with his mentor to get the right to. He did that because he respected this owner and the level to which he and his family wanted to be involved in building a first class organization based on accountability top to bottom. They had a big say in the organizational philosophy. Belichick also had to promise Kraft they would not resort to thugs and hoodlums as a means to an end. And they haven't. They have avoided numerous draft picks including even Ed Reed because of character concerns. The rare exceptions they have made haven't been of the thug variety, more the misunderstood problem child. And they only did that after they had build a character core here that could help manage or mitigate problems. They're having a hard enough time functioning in transition from losing much of that core without losing it's last vestige in Brady. Kraft has been clear his mandate to Bill is to be competitive every season. He's not interested in returning to the boom or bust mentality that caused him to find himself prior to 2001 in possession of a team that never won a damn thing and had nothing more than a looming cap mess to show for it.

Mike Haynes & Tim Fox

# of rings for Haynes & Fox on the Patriots
# of rings for Plunkett... um 1 in the 80s w/the Raiders if I remember, but I prolly don't.

And your point is well taken, because throughout the period of Plunkett's career, they did stay in contention most years. Just wanted to throw that in there.

# of rings for Haynes & Fox on the Patriots
# of rings for Plunkett... um 1 in the 80s w/the Raiders if I remember, but I prolly don't.

And your point is well taken, because throughout the period of Plunkett's career, they did stay in contention most years. Just wanted to throw that in there.

The Patriots got the best of the trade with the 49rs.
The 49rs ended up cutting Plunkett & Mike Haynes & Tim Fox both
became pro-powl players. Haynes is one of the all time best cornerbacks
in NFL history.

You should probably check your facts on Plunkett before you post.
Jim Plunkett - 2x Super Bowl champion (XV, XVIII)

Although Haynes never won a superbowl, there is little doubt he had
a far better career than Plunkett.

Trent Dilfer & Doug Williams won a Superbowl & Fran Tarkenton & Jim Kelly
played in multiple superbowls and never won 1.

Who would you rahter have as your QB.
Tarkenton & Kelly
or
Dilfer & Doug Williams?

Threw it out there tongue in cheek, and specified I was quoting from memory (and of another team at that.) But congrats on knowing or googling the # of rings Plunkett amassed.

As to your question pitting Kelly and Tarkenton vs. Dilfer and Doug Williams, it depends.

Are they playing in a Super Bowl? :D

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes