PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Kraft ever let Belichick trade Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I am not saying trade Brady.... but the idea is interesting....

Brady still has a lot of value & we appear to be more than 1 o 2 players
away from being a superbowl contender.

Brady has 1 year left on his contract & he has always taken a team friendly
deal in the past.

Will he take another team friendly deal or will he want a Manning type deal?

If he wants a Manning type deal would we be better off trading him to
a team that would be willing to give us Hershel Walker type value?

Would you take Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis , Crabtree & two #1 picks for Brady?

Brady would sell a lot of tickets in San Francisco.....

I would seriously consider making that type deal if we could get a team to overpay for Brady.

Re: Would Kraft ever let Belichick trade Brady ?

Dude's wife just donated like 1.8 mil to Haiti. I don't think he's going to look for Kraft to break the bank for him.

If anything I'd expect him to be in Belichick's ear about bringing in some playmakers.

deal in the past.

Would you take Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis , Crabtree & two #1 picks for Brady?

I would seriously consider making that type deal if we could get a team to overpay for Brady.

So we trade Brady and get a few missing pieces but then lose our starting QB which is probably the most important position when it comes to winning a SB. Can these idiotic threads stop...

I hope Tom retires a Patriot, but if Joe Montana can be traded, so can Brady.

I hope Tom retires a Patriot, but if Joe Montana can be traded, so can Brady.

Yeah anything can happen, but would it really help the Patriots?

OK, we are officially into "silly season." I spent about 90 seconds listening to Porky Gresh the Idiot on 98.5 (the subject was Brady) and some dimwit was trying to make the case that Ben R. in Pitt has been a better QB the Brady. We are living these days in the land where the grass eats the cows. Gresh: "Do you really want to sign Brady to a long-term deal because in 3 or 4 years you could have a 37 or 38 year old QB who under-achieves." Must be URI math": 32 + 3 = 38...

OK, we are officially into "silly season." I spent about 90 seconds listening to Porky Gresh the Idiot on 98.5 (the subject was Brady) and some dimwit was trying to make the case that Ben R. in Pitt has been a better QB the Brady. We are living these days in the land where the grass eats the cows. Gresh: "Do you really want to sign Brady to a long-term deal because in 3 or 4 years you could have a 37 or 38 year old QB who under-achieves." Must be URI math": 32 + 3 = 38...

I heard that too, one caller wants Brady and Bellichek gone too. We win the AFC east division, yet some people think we on par with the Detroit Lions.:rolleyes:

San Fran would hang up the phone.

Be real here

Dude's wife just donated like 1.8 mil to Haiti. I don't think he's going to look for Kraft to break the bank for him.

Not sure those two statements are consistent. They might be, but I don't think they necessarily are. I'm just really not sure that that follows logically. As I said, it might be the case for him, but I don't think it necessarily is. And none of us can really know that since, well, at least, I don't know Tom Brady personally.

Is the implication that he doesn't care about money because he's married to a wealthy woman? Most of the wealthy people whom I know want to get or earn as much as they can, just so they can have the freedom to do things like giving money generously to disaster relief without sacrificing their life styles.

I think he's going to insist on being paid what he's worth; that doesn't mean a bank-busting deal, but it does mean that he will want to be paid like one of the two or three best QB's in the game, for a Tenor appropriate for his age.

I don't believe that it's in the interests of players to take "home town discounts." Their careers can end on a violent play on the field or in a freak accident during a walk through without pads.

Last edited:

I heard that too, one caller wants Brady and Bellichek gone too. We win the AFC east division, yet some people think we on par with the Detroit Lions.:rolleyes:

When I want to feel genius-level smart, I listen to sports talk radio. Luckily the need to feel Einsteinian doesn't overcome me very often.

After you get past the "No way in hell", it is a good question. I wonder how the Brady / Patriots era will end. I would be a sad, sad day if Brady is traded. I don't think you could ever get enough value to replace a franchise QB but Willis and two first rounders is a start.

I'm glad someone broke the ice on this subject but I do think BB will consider lots of ways to improve this team .. I also think there is the angle that BB would like the challenge of a rebuild ..more like a reload..

Besides sf who has 2 first round picks so does seatlle who might make an intriguing partner as well. Between dealing moss/brady/maroney/light/ad and possibly wilfork ..the pats could reload quickly in the next. 2 years. For the next decade..while also have a ton of money for available FA's as well..

After you get past the "No way in hell", it is a good question. I wonder how the Brady / Patriots era will end. I would be a sad, sad day if Brady is traded. I don't think you could ever get enough value to replace a franchise QB but Willis and two first rounders is a start.

In hindsight, the time to deal Brady was last offseason. Of course it would have been probably the riskiest personnel move ever, but theoretically he would have allowed the team to re-load the roster with top-draft picks ala Herchel Walker to MN....

I'm robertweathers and I do not support this message.:p

Last edited:

Ever is a long time and the answer to that question is unquestionably yes, they would trade him under the right circumstances. Those circumstances aren't likely to exist any time soon if they ever do.

Not sure those two statements are consistent. They might be, but I don't think they necessarily are. I'm just really not sure that that follows logically. As I said, it might be the case for him, but I don't think it necessarily is. And none of us can really know that since, well, at least, I don't know Tom Brady personally.

Is the implication that he doesn't care about money because he's married to a wealthy woman? Most of the wealthy people whom I know want to get or earn as much as they can, just so they can have the freedom to do things like giving money generously to disaster relief without sacrificing their life styles.

I think he's going to insist on being paid what he's worth; that doesn't mean a bank-busting deal, but it does mean that he will want to be paid like one of the two or three best QB's in the game, for a Tenor appropriate for his age.

I don't believe that it's in the interests of players to take "home town discounts." Their careers can end on a violent play on the field or in a freak accident during a walk through without pads.

Tom Brady might care more about his legacy.

If he thinks the Patriots are done, then he cashes out. If he thinks Super Bowls are on the horizon, a small discount will be worth it.

It would hurt his feelings.

Yes ,

if he goes on the market today then he has the most value

we will get a 1st ,2nd and say champ bailey or dummerville from JOSH

So we trade Brady and get a few missing pieces but then lose our starting QB which is probably the most important position when it comes to winning a SB. Can these idiotic threads stop...

Well we could just trade a piece to KC for Matt Cassel. According to a lot of posts from the past week, he's way better than that JAG Brady anyways... :rolleyes:

deal in the past.

What the heck,throw another 40 players on top of those guys and change the name of the teams to the New England 49ers and San Francisco Patriots

Kraft's ace in the hold should he decide to let BB trade Brady

is 50,000 people waiting in line for season tickets. I'm sure

several thousand fans would not renew their tickets if Brady

was dealt but waiting list people would take their places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down