PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst 2013 draft classes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitsudriver

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
@PFF ranks the least production from the rookie classes of 2013.
1 Bears
2 Bucs
3 Patriots
5:02pm - 17 Jan 14

Do they even watch football?

Why are people still surprised when PFF writes stupid ****? That's their entire business model.

I don't know if I can remember a year when the Pats received so much solid production from a rookie class. Maybe no one rookie stands out league wide but almost all of them were called upon this year and held their own.

I don't know if I can remember a year when the Pats received so much solid production from a rookie class. Maybe no one rookie stands out league wide but almost all of them were called upon this year and held their own.

And it goes well beyond the draft — Siliga, C Jones, Vellano.

And it goes well beyond the draft — Siliga, C Jones, Vellano.

Don't forget Allen, Thompkins and Kline. All UDFA's who contributed. We have two kid's red-shirting too. Armon Armstead - DL - Canada/USC and Mark Harrison who played WR at Rutgers but is prob more of a move te/h-back if he makes it in the NFL. That's not a poor haul of rookies. It's exceptional!

You guys are hilariously biased.

1) Just because they were not as productive doesn't make it a failure of a draft.

2) Playing due to necessity (Dobson, Ryan, occasionally Harmon) does not = production. Ryan has been solid at times, Dobson has improved but looked horrible early on and Harmon has really not done all that much. Collins has had ONE good game. All these guys could end up as probowlers and it doesn't make the analysis incorrect.

3) guys who were undrafted are not included in an analysis of draftee production. duh.

4) whether you think the article is contextually meaningful is different from whether it is accurate.

Pathetic excuse for a football website, as always. The Patriots AND Bears have gotten tons of rookie production, not sure what they're thinking.

Pathetic excuse for a football website, as always. The Patriots AND Bears have gotten tons of rookie production, not sure what they're thinking.

Didn't the Bears get 2 starting O-linemen out of the 2013 draft? I haven't looked into it in any detail, but I don't believe the Chicago offense was an embarrassment this season or that the O-line play was bad.

If that's one of the worst draft classes, then the team's at the top of the list must have selected multiple hall of fame caliber players.

If that's one of the worst draft classes, then the team's at the top of the list must have selected multiple hall of fame caliber players.

or it could be a fairly narrow range amongst all teams?

I was watching the Michael Oher movie yesterday and revisited the trade we made with the Ravens where they selected him 23rd in the 2009 draft ... Then of course I went on to review our picks ... oh that was painful.

3) guys who were undrafted are not included in an analysis of draftee production. duh.

Actually despite the thread title the OP said the comparison was among 2013 rookies, not draftees. So UDFAs would count.

1) Just because they were not as productive doesn't make it a failure of a draft.

2) Playing due to necessity (Dobson, Ryan, occasionally Harmon) does not = production. Ryan has been solid at times, Dobson has improved but looked horrible early on and Harmon has really not done all that much. Collins has had ONE good game. All these guys could end up as probowlers and it doesn't make the analysis incorrect.

4) whether you think the article is contextually meaningful is different from whether it is accurate.

Not really an issue of bias when the consensus is that PFF sucks across the board.

Can I suggest that as there's no context and zero analysis linked to by the OP, that leaping to any judgement is a fools errand. We have no idea what was said or how any judgement was arrived at.

2) Playing due to necessity (Dobson, Ryan, occasionally Harmon) does not = production.

True but playing well and contributing on a 12-4 team playing in the AFC Championship Game has to count for something.

Ryan has been solid at times,

When has he not been "solid"

Dobson has improved but looked horrible early on

Dobson missed a lot of practice time with his injury heading out of camp and looked out of his league in his first game. But then he appeared to be getting it and strung quite a few nice games toghether. Unfortunately, he hurt himself again and we haven't seen much of him over the past month or so.

and Harmon has really not done all that much.

My take on Harmon is very different from yours. He's played solid football. I see him often having solid position. He's more than holding his own. Its hard to hide weakness at his position. If he was playing poorly, we'd all know it.

Collins has had ONE good game.

Agree but oh what a game it was.

All these guys could end up as probowlers and it doesn't make the analysis incorrect.

I haven't compared other teams draft classes but I find it hard to believe 30 of them have had more production from their draft class than us. Then again, as you pointed out, there is a difference between our "draft" class and our rookie class. Still, I'm not buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST