PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Winning with this current receiver corp is not sustainable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a good listen from Fauria with Salk and Holley on what new receivers have to go through when when being new the offense:
Christian Fauria with Salk and Holley: The Patriots Offense is NOT the hardest offense to pick up

Basically he said that Brady wants routes and adjustments made on his own terms, not what the playbook or the offensive coordinator says the receiver has to do. New receivers have to learn multiple positions, adjustments, situations, player personnel match-ups, and be willing to learn how Tom wants routes run and multiple positions. Basically, the receivers can be successful if they are willing to learn and know what Brady wants on the adjustments, be close to him in meetings, on the bus, etc. He also said the offense isn't that complicated, and that they are currently lacking a veteran to take on multiple position sets, so that the rookies can focus on one position. Fauria also said that Galloway wasn't willing to learn multiple positions and do "too many things", because was was used to running deep routes on the outside (Z position), and wasn't willing to adjust to what Brady wanted to do. He summed things up by saying it's going to be a long year for the rookies, there's no way to simulate experience and the reps in game situations, and they'll hit the rookie wall by Thanksgiving. It will help when Gronk and Amendola come back to alleviate the pressure, since they aren't passing to the TEs so far.

I really hope our rooks are reading Pessimistic Pete's OP and prove him wrong :)

Personally, I always got excited when I had to do a task other people said was hard. How about we grind it out and win anyway....the hard way if we have to.

I really hope our rooks are reading Pessimistic Pete's OP and prove him wrong :)

Personally, I always got excited when I had to do a task other people said was hard. How about we grind it out and win anyway....the hard way if we have to.

I hope they prove me wrong too. I rather be wrong.

Looking at the upcoming schedule though, I think we may easily go 0-3 in the next 3 games if a healthy Gronk isn't back.

"Amendola will be our new Welker and he will suddenly stop being injury prone" is what he was thinking.

Which is delusional. Any bozo on ESPN could have predicted this happening, yet Belichick seemed to think Amendola would be able to stay healthy.

I am as big a Welker fan as their is on this site and I think Amendola can stay healthy. Just because a player has a run of injuries it in no way means their career will be ruined by them. Pretty much every player who plays in the NFL suffers injuries and most more than one, Amendola has had a bad run but he's a tough player who takes care of himself and imo he will more than live up to his contract in NE when all is said and done.

Belichick was looking to replace Welker long term and Amendola was the best player to make that move with if you are going to make it, and while I still don't like the way they handled the Welker negotiations I can still understand what he was looking to achieve, and as a patriots fan I really hope Belichick was right and Amendola provides Brady with the really productive slot receiver he will need for the rest of his career, and i see this as a temporary setback, even though I realize there is a possibility this could bother him though the season. hopefully the team and Amendola manage the injury in such a way that he will be available for the second half of the season and play-offs.

I hope they prove me wrong too. I rather be wrong.

Looking at the upcoming schedule though, I think we may easily go 0-3 in the next 3 games if a healthy Gronk isn't back.

Wouldn't expect anything else from you PP, I'd be disappointed if you thought they may win 1 game.

I am as big a Welker fan as their is on this site and I think Amendola can stay healthy...

That argument's already lost, given that Amendola is already on the shelf.

That argument's already lost, given that Amendola is already on the shelf.

And yet he already put the team on his back -aching groin and all- and won us a game by himself. I know that week 1 was quite a few days ago, but is this forgotten already?

And yet he already put the team on his back -aching groin and all- and won us a game by himself. I know that week 1 was quite a few days ago, but is this forgotten already?

The point was about his health, not his game play.

I would argue that if the patriots make the playoffs, it would be his performance in the postseason that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back