PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Winners: Mayo, Crable, Wheatley, Jordan & O'Connell

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be close, but I don't think Izzo is cut. He didn't play last night and ST looked horrible.

Every year people seem to think Larry Izzo is going to be cut. Izzo is not going to be cut. He's the best player we have on special teams, excepting maybe Kelley Washington.

Every year people seem to think Larry Izzo is going to be cut. Izzo is not going to be cut. He's the best player we have on special teams, excepting maybe Kelley Washington.

If last night's special teams is any indication on how good of special teamers some of these younger guys really are on special teams, I don't think Izzo has any worries about being cut. Our special teams sucked last night.

Slater dropped one earlier, when Cassel or Gut was throwing from the goal line. If he'd caught it he might have broken free.

Ah, gotcha! So many drops, it's hard to keep track. :p

I think the biggest looser was not Cassell, it had to be the guy from Samuel Adams Brewery that got on TV during the end of the Half and made a total drunkin' ass of himself.

That was PURE comedy.

I think the biggest looser was not Cassell, it had to be the guy from Samuel Adams Brewery that got on TV during the end of the Half and made a total drunkin' ass of himself.

That was PURE comedy.

:rofl::rofl: That was too funny.

It will be close, but I don't think Izzo is cut. He didn't play last night and ST looked horrible.

I'm pretty sure I saw Izzo on the field playing for the horrible special teams.

I'm pretty sure I saw Izzo on the field playing for the horrible special teams.

Izzo was there. Saw him giving instructions to one of the rooks, befor a punt, on where his coverage/assignment was. Don't see him getting cut as, IMO ,he's the coach on the field for ST's, and still has something in the tank to contribute.

That was PURE comedy.

They were running plays and Mike Lynch was talking to him about hops.:eek:

One of those rare moments when I wished a bolt of lightning would come and take them both out.

Is this list just for the rookies, or can we mention Woods? He had a terrific night.

I'd be higher on Woods had his "terrific night" not occurred late in the game against some guys who will be working at Home Depot in September. He also played most of the 1st half and was not spectacular against NFL starters and 2nd team backups. That aside, it was a positive, encouraging game. Let's hope he can develop his physical talents further as a football player.

One of those rare moments when I wished a bolt of lightning would come and take them both out.
I was wondering why I paid so much for a big screen TV, just so they could shrink the game into a postage stamp.

OTOH, I'm sure that was paid advertising, so it does help cover the cost of player salaries.

That was PURE comedy.

I was seriously pissed. A tiny window showing O'Connell's drive while numbnuts prattles on about beer. Ads during the plays, rapid commercial cut aways and junk are ruining NFL telecasts.

It was right after O'Connell came in for his first snaps as a pro! I wanted to see the new guy and I had to listen to (and see) two goons.

I think a high school AV club could do a better job broadcasting the game than everyone last night. Criqui is awful and at one point I think he forgot he was in Massachusetts. It's CJ Jones, not CD. And they had a graphic that referred to Mike Lynch as Matt Lynch.

Just godawful.

I will add Guyton and Redd. Both played well when in and showed that they have the talent.

Right now I think Izzo becomes one of the unkind cuts to keep one of those guys on the roster.

I'll also add that Crable suprised me by playing in coverage. It was one of the first things I noticed long before his pick.

I've been thinking that recently, but I noticed a shot of Izzo talking to Guyton before a kick-off, probably explaining to him what to do, and it reminded me I shouldn't be too sure about talent/speed winning over experience.

All the linebackers really impressed. Mayo, Woods, Crable, Redd. Man, Crable is a monster out there with his size.

I had been very excited about Hobson being a wild card and an ex-factor, but I'm not as sure he will have such an impact. He was playing w the 3rd strings last nite, and he just looks on the small-side, in terms of height. I think he's good depth, but I was hoping he could contribute at SILB, and I'm not so sure thus far. Plenty of time to go. I'll give it another look on the tape to see how he fared.

It looks as if there's going to be a tough cut or two at some of the skill positions. I think Cassell's days are numbered.

A few observation from watching the game last night

- I agree with the initial post. All players in the title had a good night. O'Connell's night might not have looked so good if the offense was not so horrific before he came in.

- I would like to add that I thought Titus Adams had a good game filling in at nose tackle. Earley on I went to my roster sheet to see who 62 was and I found him more than one making a nice play. He will not be pushing Wilfork anytime soon but still fram one game he seems to be a solid back up.

I was seriously pissed. A tiny window showing O'Connell's drive while numbnuts prattles on about beer.

Seriously, couldn't they have done that during halftime? Or, say, when O'Connell wasn't taking his first-ever snaps?

It was right after O'Connell came in for his first snaps as a pro! I wanted to see the new guy and I had to listen to (and see) two goons.

I think a high school AV club could do a better job broadcasting the game than everyone last night. Criqui is awful and at one point I think he forgot he was in Massachusetts. It's CJ Jones, not CD. And they had a graphic that referred to Mike Lynch as Matt Lynch.

Just godawful.

Could have been worse. They could have called CJ Pacman, or Mike Lynch Matt Walsh. :eek:

Just godawful.

You mean that wasn't two different guys?

I guess Jones was twice as bad as I thought.:p

I've been thinking that recently, but I noticed a shot of Izzo talking to Guyton before a kick-off, probably explaining to him what to do, and it reminded me I shouldn't be too sure about talent/speed winning over experience.

All the linebackers really impressed. Mayo, Woods, Crable, Redd. Man, Crable is a monster out there with his size.

I had been very excited about Hobson being a wild card and an ex-factor, but I'm not as sure he will have such an impact. He was playing w the 3rd strings last nite, and he just looks on the small-side, in terms of height. I think he's good depth, but I was hoping he could contribute at SILB, and I'm not so sure thus far. Plenty of time to go. I'll give it another look on the tape to see how he fared.
Agreed. Those STs breakdowns are a reminder that reports of Izzo's demise (count me as one of those reporters) may be premature.

I also had hopes for Hobson and I thought he didn't stand out good or bad, much like TC, but I might take some time later to watch again (yes, it is a sickness) and focus on him. I don't know that he looks on the small side.

Is Crable really only (only?) 6'5". He looked taller than Seymour. Could be the angle, given the cameraperson might have been a normal size.

Younger and faster on defense. Did BB forget to say taller? Excepting the CBs, though. :)

How many of these 3-4 LBs is Mangina going to steal off the PS? That's what I'm afraid of.

It looks as if there's going to be a tough cut or two at some of the skill positions. I think Cassell's days are numbered.

And the tough cut is...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes