PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Wilfork be here in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will also be worth watching who the team targets in the draft and free agency. If they move up in the 1st round to get a player like Louis Nix of ND (the BB - coach Kelly connection), that may be a sign of things to come. If I recall, I believe they moved up to get Vince in the 1st round when he started to slide down.

What Ivan said...and the did make a minor move for Warren, 1 or 2 spots. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.

What is scary is that that 3 of the top 5 cap hits for next year are on IR this year (Wilfork, Mayo, Vollmer)......and #6 and #7 on this list are chronic injury candidates (Gronk and Amendola). And #3 Mankins......let's put it this way....Mankins should buy his agent expensive gifts every day of the year.

I wouldn’t be overly concerned with Vollmer or Mayo not being 100% by training camp, they both are in their late 20’s and the injuries were not ones that would be likely to affect them long term. I personally do not consider Gronkowski to be a chronic injury case, up until last season’s arm injury he had played in every game, the arm was a problem but it appears to be resolved. His back surgery would have been a standard offseason cleanup procedure that many players face in the NFL had it not been for the concern about the infection in his arm spreading. Tom Brady also had infection issues with his knee back in 2008 and he has no long term effects because of that.

Amendola I share your concern for he does have a long history of injuries but he does appear to be back now so hopefully he can sustain good health, even if he does not his cap number is not that unmanageable given the potential he offers as a player. Mankins I do not expect to be here unless he restructures so that is not a huge concern for me either.

At least we have our 37 year old QB :)

I know you were being sarcastic with this comment but outside of the Green Bay Packers who have Aaron Rodgers can you think of a team that would not want our 37 year old quarterback?

Tell me exactly what part of what I wrote is inaccurate and deserves your petty put down. And if you are going to offer some speculation, at least put some thought into it before you decide to type next time. "Mankins might might be a goner next year".....???? .....really???
Did you really put a lot of thought into that one? Why don't you give that another go there junior!

The "37 year old QB" part was said in a snide manner (and even you are aware of this) and was a virtual troll even when you take into account that Brady is still playing some damn good football. I troll a lot too, so I know a troll when I see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back