Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Welker be productive?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His name is Hernandez.

do people not see him on the field or what??:bricks:

he will be used as both a tight end and a wide receiver.

quote me

He's a rookie, who has benefited as much as anyone from Moss because most of his completions have come against single coverage with nobody anywhere near him since opponents are so dedicated to handling the other receivers.

He was a great player in Miami with no QB and no other receivers of note. We went through all this when we traded for him and people lost their minds because we gave up a 2 and a 7.

I loved watching Moss play, but I'm really excited to see a lot more opportunities for Tate, Hernandez, and Gronk. That is a young, talented, and hungry group, and they could have no better role model than Welker. And I'm really excited to see Brady get back to the "whoever's open" mentality instead of forcing it way too often to the (and we can all agree on this) diva.

His name is Hernandez.

do people not see him on the field or what??:bricks:

he will be used as both a tight end and a wide receiver.

quote me

I like Hernandez, and think hes going to be great, but right now, Randy Moss is bigger, faster, runs better routes, and has better hands.

So you're saying you believe teams will now triple team Welker, correct?

I think it's more that Welker will have a lot less room for YAC, since defenses won't get stretched out anymore.

He's a rookie, who has benefited as much as anyone from Moss because most of his completions have come against single coverage with nobody anywhere near him since opponents are so dedicated to handling the other receivers.

that needs more reps to get better.:)

I like Hernandez, and think hes going to be great, but right now, Randy Moss is bigger, faster, runs better routes, and has better hands.

Hernandez is faster than Moss. You watch any of the games?:bricks:

He was a great player in Miami with no QB and no other receivers of note. We went through all this when we traded for him and people lost their minds because we gave up a 2 and a 7.

I loved watching Moss play, but I'm really excited to see a lot more opportunities for Tate, Hernandez, and Gronk. That is a young, talented, and hungry group, and they could have no better role model than Welker. And I'm really excited to see Brady get back to the "whoever's open" mentality instead of forcing it way too often to the (and we can all agree on this) diva.

Good point. He caught 70 balls in his final year in Miami thrown to him by a total douche QB. He will be just fine.

I think it's more that Welker will have a lot less room for YAC, since defenses won't get stretched out anymore.

This.

His routes are fast developing, he's too quick to be stuck with and too smart to not find the holes in the zone. He will have less YAC room however.

No way. I love Wes... but Moss makes things easier on ANY WR2.

Of course it'll be the same option. Welker will suck anywhere but the slot. He's nothing but a posession receiver.

Maybe now next year Wes gets his big contract he deserves?

Will Wes continue to be productive? Absolutely.

As productive? That's the question.

Of course he'll still be productive. He was productive in Miami.

Of course he'll still be productive. He was productive in Miami.

Moss was also on the field in Miami, stretching the defense out allowing for more space for Welker to work with. I'm not sure how much Tate can stretch defenses and open space for Welker. Welker isnt even 100% health wise either, I think his numbers will take a hit.

I think the whole offensive scheme will change and there will be a lot of what we saw on Monday night, running on 1st and 2nd downs setting up 3rd and short. Then using Welker and Hernandez and others to make those 5-7 yard receptions. There will be a lot more sustained long drives, I dont think there will be many 50+ yard TD throws anymore

Moss was also on the field in Miami, stretching the defense out allowing for more space for Welker to work with. I'm not sure how much Tate can stretch defenses and open space for Welker. Welker isnt even 100% health wise either, I think his numbers will take a hit.

I think the whole offensive scheme will change and there will be a lot of what we saw on Monday night, running on 1st and 2nd downs setting up 3rd and short. Then using Welker and Hernandez and others to make those 5-7 yard receptions. There will be a lot more sustained long drives, I dont think there will be many 50+ yard TD throws anymore

They mean when Welker played FOR the Phins

They mean when Welker played FOR the Phins

Not even close to the player that he is now. Games will be much more difficult for the entire Pats O. I think the next few games will show just how much Moss meant to the offense, or at the very least force the Pats to change their whole offensive scheme

No, hes not. Hes not even close.

denial is hard to overcome......

Hernandez is faster than Moss.

Moss is a shadow of himself..... you overplay this double coverage crap.

Tate will warrant the same double teaming that ya'll claim that Moss always had. I promise you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back