PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots bring back the old uniform permanently at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
My solution is to keep everything the way it is, but replace the blue jersey with a red one. Silver pants, silver helmet, flying elvis, all stay. Only the base color of the jersey changes from blue to red.
Good idea. Actually, I'd like to see that red jersey alternated for home games with the current blue jersey. *****in'...(as long as we're into throwback talk...)

Ideally they'd just mash the two unis together, so you'd have stripes of red and blue and silver and white all over the place, with mixed fonts and then make the helmets holographic so if you look at them from one side it's Pat Patriot and from the other it's Flying Elvis.

Whatever, 90s unis with flying elvis on the shoulder are the quintessential Patriots uniform.

Pat'Patriot will always be Steve Grogan.

I prefer the lookalike approach :D

scott_zolak.png
qqEk1Ev.png

I may be biased here, but I'm kinda partial to the SILVER, BLUE and RED. :D. Elvis should not leave the building.

It's about football. GB, Pitt, Dallas, SF, would riot if a clown like Orthwein tried to mess with their identity.

33 years in the very heart and soul of modern pro football, not to mention unfinished business for all of us, yes, from 1976.

Me and my friends agree
6b857b0a30e497613198c866e529a198.jpg
That photo looks like it came from the Muppets show.

doesnt seem likely

If they actually decide to bring back the old uniforms, we'll be forced to stop *****ing about it, so--no.

Of course, there's always Goodell to help your cause. He could recognize that all of those torturous, futile decades were because of a logo.....and decree that Pat must return.

("Hey, Troy, they're running out of first round picks, might as well try the old jinx-trick, make 'em go back to that old cartoon ogre-looking dude. 1-15! Here it comes, Bob! Hahahahahahahaha!")

ah the young people on this board

Ah, the old people on this board who can't deal with change even though the Pats have won more in their current uniforms than in any other (including their Boston Patriots and light blue Flying Elvis shoulders unis).

Someone posted this here a couple of weeks ago. I think it looks great and is somewhat of a compromise. I don't like the Pat Patriot logo at all.
oJQJB6ESwiBIE8xAUNLj_based%20alternate%20unis.jpg
That looks like high school.

I'm a sucker for the 'takin it patriot' uni's, but only because I have fond memories of great players donning that uniform. A few years back we played Detroit on Turkey Day wearing Pat, I loved it.

If you didn't get to experience "Pre Elvis Patriots", i.e, the pre Bledsoe years, I wouldn't expect you to like them. Granted, our fates changed 8 years after the logo/uni switch, but there's something about those throwbacks that remind me of the gritty times/(s)hitty times.

I wouldn't count on a permanent change back to Pat, but I enjoy a game or two a year wearing throwbacks. jmho.

I wouldn't count on a permanent change back to Pat, but I enjoy a game or two a year wearing throwbacks. jmho.

You'll never see them again because of the concussion protocol. Players have to wear the same helmet all season long to help prevent concussions. Since the Pats throwback uniforms feature a white helmet and not the usual silver they'll likely never wear the old red unis again.

Can't wait. I only buy throwback jerseys now... from China

How many Super Bowls did they win in the old uniforms?

They could go out there dressed like clowns, and I'm sure I'd hate it at first, but if they ripped off 5 consecutive SB wins it would grow on me.

I did like the color rush uniform, though. Wouldn't want to change to it full time, but wouldn't mind it as an alternate uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes