PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Uniforms

updated to include the 2022 season... the Pats released pics of the throwbacks... pretty cool pic of David Andrews tbh... so i used it

Thanks for posting the pics of past uniforms. They bring back a lot of memories. I also remember being in the stands booing along with the entire stadium when the "Flying Elvis" was introduced. Don't think many people liked it back then including me.

I like all the colors of uniforms both past and present as they each have there own memories. All the various red combinations with "Pat Patriot" bring a lot of nostalgia with them including occasional small victories by a perennial underdog and a visit to a Super Bowl in 85 only to get killed by the Bears. The later blue uniforms along with the Flying Elvis have a different type of nostalgia that includes Super Bowl Victories, swagger and a combination of respect and hatred by fans of other teams.

So having gone through the Good, Bad and Ugly with this team with all the different uniform color combos, I have to go with Blue. . . :)

I was there also. It wasnt exactly like Flying Elvis but was similar enough. The weird thing here, I’m going on memory too lazy to look it up, but as I recall the game where the contest was held was against the Lions.

I was there also. It wasnt exactly like Flying Elvis but was similar enough. The weird thing here, I’m going on memory too lazy to look it up, but as I recall the game where the contest was held was against the Lions.
It's okay, we beat the (vaunted, Air Coryell) Chargers (again).

Don't tell anybody the Patriots have been good since 1974.

I was watching Patriots Press with Fitzy and he was saying he hears from non Pats fans wanting them to go back to these uniforms/logo. The host Andrew Callahan agree and hates the pajamas.

I was watching Patriots Press with Fitzy and he was saying he hears from non Pats fans wanting them to go back to these uniforms/logo. The host Andrew Callahan agree and hates the pajamas.
It is truly shocking how the most ridiculed, denigrated professional sports team, which media has disparaged relentlessly for half a century fueling unmatched national hatred (winning this century only intensified it; it did not create it), STILL has a classic established from 1961-1992 logo and uniform that is admired and preferred by everyone across the country.

My point is that to put out this narrative of blue as seemingly the only color the Continental armies wore is misguided.

Perhaps, but it's still really the MA & other NE states' topcoats of blue that we should have been emulating...

I might've liked the '90s blue tops better if they weren't so dam shiny... and of course the big-ass Elvis too...

It is truly shocking how the most ridiculed, denigrated professional sports team, which media has disparaged relentlessly for half a century fueling unmatched national hatred (winning this century only intensified it; it did not create it), STILL has a classic established from 1961-1992 logo and uniform that is admired and preferred by everyone across the country.

Two questions:

1). Have you ever run this by a therapist for input?

2). While doing laundry, has your wife ever found suspicious crusty stains on your red Patriots gear causing her to look at you sideways?

Two questions:

1). Have you ever run this by a therapist for input?

2). While doing laundry, has your wife ever found suspicious crusty stains on your red Patriots gear causing her to look at you sideways?
You just gave me an idea for a useful purpose for the flying elvis: as a contraceptive

Although it's not my fault, I'm truly sorry we won six Super Bowls looking stupid, hideous, ridiculous, ugly and embarrassing. Like the Donkeys, we looked our best in front of a world wide audience losing by the widest margin in history to that point.

Neutral or opponent fans laugh at us, but as a Patriots fan I've been humiliated by the primary uniforms since 1993. They're a sick joke.

But you and your f.e.fan brethren are great fans, and I give you credit for your loyalty and enthusiasm. Two thirds of the teams in the NFL have done what we did; that's a clear majority.

BTW for those of you like me YouTube has been posting the 1983 This Week In The NFL and Wow. Everyone (except of course the Jete) looking really, really sharp.

You just gave me an idea for a useful purpose for the flying elvis: as a contraceptive

Although it's not my fault, I'm truly sorry we won six Super Bowls looking stupid, hideous, ridiculous, ugly and embarrassing. Like the Donkeys, we looked our best in front of a world wide audience losing by the widest margin in history to that point.

Neutral or opponent fans laugh at us, but as a Patriots fan I've been humiliated by the primary uniforms since 1993. They're a sick joke.

But you and your f.e.fan brethren are great fans, and I give you credit for your loyalty and enthusiasm. Two thirds of the teams in the NFL have done what we did; that's a clear majority.

BTW for those of you like me YouTube has been posting the 1983 This Week In The NFL and Wow. Everyone (except of course the Jete) looking really, really sharp.

You're just lucky we played the lowly Lions yesterday and logged a W. Wearing enemy colors, no less. Thank goodness it's only twice this year; at least we had Pat Patriot at midfield wearing a BLUE coat on the right side of history. :whistle:

You're just lucky we played the lowly Lions yesterday and logged a W. Wearing enemy colors, no less. Thank goodness it's only twice this year; at least we had Pat Patriot at midfield wearing a BLUE coat on the right side of history. :whistle:
Right, he's always worn it. Always.

Right, he's always worn it. Always.

So why didn't the Sullivans take his cue? Phil Bissell was shocked, from what I understand. We need @Mike the Brit to weigh in on this, I'll bet our friends across the pond had a good laugh 62 years ago when those wrong red jerseys debuted.

So why didn't the Sullivans take his cue? Phil Bissell was shocked, from what I understand. We need @Mike the Brit to weigh in on this, I'll bet our friends across the pond had a good laugh 62 years ago when those wrong red jerseys debuted.
You're the emblem of
The land I love
The home of the free and the brave
Ev'ry heart beats true
Under...

...under...whiiiiiiiiiiiiiite and blue...

Their uniforms have been ugly since 2000.

90’s was the best. There was no reason to change those.
I believe that they made the change after a 1-15 season.
It's like giving the whole team a face lift, a fresh start, or exorcising old demons.

To me the worst are the color rush uniforms - and that applies to every team, not just the Patriots.

At best they usually look like a division 2 college team; at worst they resemble pajamas.

Best to just let the Seahawks be the only team that wears those hideous things.
The first time I viewed a game with color rush, I thought I was viewing Intellivison

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back