PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Poole Waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Dolphins released CB Will Poole. He was a first rounder i believe..got hurt last year and had the knee injury and was on IR. Physical corner..fast too. Think we take a look? Give competition to Warfield and Scott

Word up is that he has a 'strained knee'. Phins fans lambaste him as 'Yatil Green the 2nd', perennially injured.

That's a shame, he was a good prospect coming out of USC his draft year (3rd or 4th rounder in 2004?). I don't know if he's worth signing as a potential player. If he can't get on the field it would be a waste of $ to sign him. I finally believe we have enough depth in our secondary in case of injuries.

He transferred from BC to USC if I remember correctly. Some analysts had him going to the Pats in the 1st round, but he slipped all the way to the end of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th.

and if i read correctly..people labeled him a steal after rookie season

4th round pick from the 2004 draft...was rated very highly (1st round) but slipped due to legal troubles. After the draft had to spend a week in jail for his previous no no's....one of the few bright spots from the dolphins 2004 campaign playing as the nickle defender. Got one start and handled it well. Was penciled in as the starter in 2005 but tore his ACL going for a pass on may 5th 2005. originally was on the pup list.was put on IR on week 10. Had athroscopic surgury to clean out debris in december. Lasted through mini-camp and the first week of TC before he restrianed his knee. Waived due to the signing of 1st round pick jason allen.

A very physical corner w/ a good size/speed combo. Will put on the big hit and has good ball skills. Not afraid to tackle.

Does not have elite speed. Does not have a lot of experience.

Was cut primarily for his inabilty to stay healthy. Currently his ACL is 1 year and 3 months post op.

There is conjecture that since he was on the Injured/Waived list the fins will be able to regain his rights if he falls through the waivers and does not agree to an injury settlement.

Last edited:
He was a steal when we drafted him {4th round / 102 position}. He was also expected to be battling for a starting position prior to his injury in 2005....

He's been struggling / and limping badly during TC, so Saban decided to let him go. It's a shame bacause he was a heck of a player. He's still very young, so I hope he can make it back, and make something of his career before it's all said and done...

PatsWickedPissah said:
Word up is that he has a 'strained knee'. Phins fans lambaste him as 'Yatil Green the 2nd', perennially injured.

No...yatil green was something entirely else. Poole at least saw the field and showed promise.

He was supposed to be the KEY player on the Fins re-vamped secondary this year. Amazing how so many Phin Fans were high on this guy and now they are walking all over him with the "Yatil Green" comparisons.

after his first year I thought he could develop into a pretty good CB. Too bad injuries have got the best of him. If he were healhy would be a great addition to the Pats.

BLITZKRIEG said:
He was a steal when we drafted him {4th round / 102 position}. He was also expected to be battling for a starting position prior to his injury in 2005....
I remember being highly annoyed that BB didn't draft him after he slipped so far.

spacecrime said:
I remember being highly annoyed that BB didn't draft him after he slipped so far.

Same here. So how many years in a row is it that we've all been sure they'd draft a CB? :rolleyes:

patchick said:
Same here. So how many years in a row is it that we've all been sure they'd draft a CB? :rolleyes:

Same here, again. The pats should have taken Poole or, my 1st choice, Nathan Vasher, with the pick that became little Guss Scott. Terrible pick then, terrible pick now.

captain stone said:
Same here, again. The pats should have taken Poole or, my 1st choice, Nathan Vasher, with the pick that became little Guss Scott. Terrible pick then, terrible pick now.

I'm going to look at your perspective in two ways. If Vasher was available when the Pats took Guss Scott, then that turns out to be a horrible choice! I really wanted the Pats to draft Poole as well and bummed when the Dolphins took him. But look at him now, he is injury prone and was just released by the Dolphins. So I guess Scott over Poole turns out to be not that bad of a choice. However, passing on Vasher is a heartbreaker. I will give the Bears some credit, recently they sure know had to draft a DB! While the Belicheck and Pioli have gotten some great drafts picks over their tenure, they have taken some head scratchers in the process while passing on better players that have turned out to be busts.

THEARCHIVES said:
I'm going to look at your perspective in two ways. If Vasher was available when the Pats took Guss Scott, then that turns out to be a horrible choice! I really wanted the Pats to draft Poole as well and bummed when the Dolphins took him. But look at him now, he is injury prone and was just released by the Dolphins. So I guess Scott over Poole turns out to be not that bad of a choice. However, passing on Vasher is a heartbreaker. I will give the Bears some credit, recently they sure know had to draft a DB! While the Belicheck and Pioli have gotten some great drafts picks over their tenure, they have taken some head scratchers in the process while passing on better players that have turned out to be busts.

The entire 2004 draft, after Wilfork and Watson, was a head scratcher.
Marquise Hill...Guss Scott...Dexter Reid...Cedric Cobbs...P.K.Sam...Christian Morton.
It's as if Bobby Grier took over after round 1.
The '04 draft is one reason why there is a perceived "depth" issue with the roster, in both quality and youth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye