PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Pats sign another WR (or is Washington legit #5?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea. I know of a vet who has about 20 games of post season experience. He actually can return punts too. In fact he knows the system pretty well. He even knows how to play nickel back in a pinch. He once ran a fake FG against the Rams for an easy touchdown a few years back. I bet they can grab him for the vet minimum.

The WR I would like to see acquired, via the draft/UDFA, is a "smurf"-sized, backup slot WR/KOR/Punt Returner. I feel uneasy seeing our starting RB, WR, and CB returning kicks. Hobbs was a terrific KOR early in the season; however, injuries lessened his effectiveness as the season progressed. I don't think that he is built to be both a starting CB and the primary KOR. Welker has proven to be a great WR and a good Punt Returner, but I'd rather not roll that dice too often.

Agree 100%. Would love for them to draft a KR/PR guy would would double as WR5/6. Who is the tiny guy everyone is on about? Dexter Jackson?

I have an idea. I know of a vet who has about 20 games of post season experience. He actually can return punts too. In fact he knows the system pretty well. He even knows how to play nickel back in a pinch. He once ran a fake FG against the Rams for an easy touchdown a few years back. I bet they can grab him for the vet minimum.

Which does raise another point - when you're talking a #5 or #6 WR you're not only talking about a special teams contributor - ideally you want someone with the potential to grow into a starting WR.

That's not Troy anymore.

Washington's no rookie - but he definitely has potential to contribute should there be a rash of injuries at WR.

Agree 100%. Would love for them to draft a KR/PR guy would would double as WR5/6. Who is the tiny guy everyone is on about? Dexter Jackson?

As long as our needs on defense (CB, LB) are filled by our 4 picks within the first 3 rounds, then I would seriously consider Dexter Jackson if he is still available when we make our 4th-round selection.

As long as our needs on defense (CB, LB) are filled by our 4 picks within the first 3 rounds, then I would seriously consider Dexter Jackson if he is still available when we make our 4th-round selection.

I would too, but with the way he ran at the combine, he'll likely be gone before the 3rd round is over. Adding a kick returner/WR in the 4th round could be a worthwhile investment. Just look at what Yamon Figurs did for the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back