PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Parcells coach Dallas next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Think Miami goes after him?
I bet the Pats play them Turkey day IF he is still there.

I hope so. The Pats play IN Dallas next year. It'll probably be on Thanksgiving. The matchup of BB and BP dwarfs that of the Mangina one in terms of overall drama.

Parcells will decide whether to coach another year or two or retire. In any case, he isn't going to coach elsewhere, certainly not Miami. I suppose the Giants could tempt him. Parcells is 65 with a heart condition.

From someone who's in the Dallas area...

Honestly-IF they lose to Seattle tomorrow night, I think he may very well call it quits.

Ever since he came here in '03, he just hasn't shown that passion, fire, and energy that he's had brilliantly in year's past. His pre-game planning and in-game adjustments, especially late in the season, have been vanilla and lazy-not to mention too that he's had the Over-Coaching syndrome as well(When Saints coach Sean Payton was OC here, he was all but hand-cuffed by Tuna's conservative game planning). One of the main reasons Dallas doesn't have a pass-rush is largely b/c they are coached to react, not fly, to the ball. How can you have Jason Ferguson, Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, DeMarcus Ware, et al-and not be able to touch the QB?

His talent evaluation/utilization has been surprisingly poor. Our OL has been patchwork b/c of several OL draft pick busts(which forced him to sign journeymen Marco Rivera and Kyle Kosier), and his WORST move, IMHO, was passing on Steven Jackson in '04. Jackson makes poor OLs look outstanding.

All in all-it probably comes as no surprise that his Dallas Dec record is 8-12. Every Dec since he got here, the players just come out with no fire, passion, nor motivation. It's as if they look *scared* most of the time.

I am not sure,but I do know one thing...Either Parcells is gone or T.O. is gone.. Both won't likely be gone but both DEFINATELY won't be back together-Guaranteed

I am not sure,but I do know one thing...Either Parcells is gone or T.O. is gone.. Both won't likely be gone but both DEFINATELY won't be back together-Guaranteed

I'm no TO-apologist(and yes, his distractions nearly ruined my holidays). However-to be fair, almost all of his distractions were off the field. And to be fair to all of his drops, 1.) Dallas receivers(From Joey G to Keyshawn to Terry to Jason Witten) seem to have "butterfingers" in Dec, and 2.) Owens has had torn ligaments in his right ring finger for almost 2 months.

For the most part-the Dallas players have done a good job ignoring him, and not getting too close to him-which is why the locker room has done a good job keeping unity this season.

With that being said-I would rather keep Bill P(by a hair).

I don't think he will be back, he is about 65 now, has had to deal with stuff he did not shop for (T.O.) and this team is not probably what he envisioned. Romo has been a nice surprise, but seems like a lot of cap money for a few marquis players. He has been too nice, and cannot imagine him taking much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News