• Yes

Votes: 188 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 41 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said yesterday Sirius used Maroney as possible trade bait with Cincy or Philly - I don't know if he would fit in either place but anyone that thinks Maroney is a lock to stay could get shocked..unlikely but who knows?

I don't know why either Cincy or Philly would want Maroney. Are you sure they weren't talking about Watson. Both Cincy and Philly want our TEs, not our RBs. Philly needs to get a #2 TE and Cincy's top 2 TEs are on IR. I think Maroney is a lock to make the roster.

I think you may need to get the wax unlocked out of your ears. :D

I hope people realize where BJGE is in regards to this team after tonight's game.

I hope people realize where BJGE is in regards to this team after tonight's game.

They won't- everyone in the game thread seems to think that this further validates how awesome he is. Nevermind that they sent him out there with the scrubs for the a reason.

All that tonight said to me is that Maroney is definitely *not* on the bubble: if he was, he would have taken some snaps. Not sure what to read into Morris not taking any snaps though. Does BB think he's good to go, or is he still hurt... it seems like it would make sense to give him a few snaps if he was healthy, since he's missed the last few games.

Last edited:
How about them apples???

Bjge is on the team.

Watching the Pats-Jints preseason game,after BJGE made a nice td effort to get into the endzone,BB makes a point of running down and congratulating him....the nice run he made later in the fourth(even against the third-stringers) was just gravy.This guy is a keeper.

I love being right about stuff!

How about them apples???

Bjge is on the team.

He has a chance, but no guarantees. All I have to say is two words - Patrick Cobbs. A good performance vs. scrubs all preseason doesn't guarantee anything. Many of the guys he ran over tonight will be lucky if the UFL will give them a try out.

Still in doubt.

They won't- everyone in the game thread seems to think that this further validates how awesome he is. Nevermind that they sent him out there with the scrubs for the a reason.

All that tonight said to me is that Maroney is definitely *not* on the bubble: if he was, he would have taken some snaps. Not sure what to read into Morris not taking any snaps though. Does BB think he's good to go, or is he still hurt... it seems like it would make sense to give him a few snaps if he was healthy, since he's missed the last few games.

The big variables will be two things - the health of Morris and whether the Pats can afford to keep 5 RBs. If the Pats can't afford to keep 5 RBs and Morris is fine, I hope BJGE can get us a decent draft pick in trade.

I agree that Maroney is safe. Never thought he was in any danger.

I can actually see Maroney/Morris being traded. I think BB put BJGE with the "scrubs" to earn a spot and I think BB's reaction to his TD showed he was evaluating the kid. I think BJGE makes it. I hope Nunn makes it too.

He has a chance, but no guarantees. All I have to say is two words - Patrick Cobbs. A good performance vs. scrubs all preseason doesn't guarantee anything. Many of the guys he ran over tonight will be lucky if the UFL will give them a try out.

There is no justification to the claim that he has been going against 2nd and 3rd strings.. he has turned in consistent performances, that in itself is proof because it's statistically impossible that players from the majority of teams he has faced are "consistently" second and third stringers.

This includes last season.

There is no justification to the claim that he has been going against 2nd and 3rd strings.. he has turned in consistent performances, that in itself is proof because it's statistically impossible that players from the majority of teams he has faced are "consistently" second and third stringers.

Um, what? Perhaps you need to take a remedial course in statistics because that's not only not impossible, it's reality.

I can actually see Maroney/Morris being traded. I think BB put BJGE with the "scrubs" to earn a spot and I think BB's reaction to his TD showed he was evaluating the kid. I think BJGE makes it. I hope Nunn makes it too.

No one is going to trade for Morris at his age. Maroney is a lock for a roster spot and Belichick is high on him. Maroney isn't going anywhere. Morris could be gone if his durability is a concern.

Ben does a lot of things for us, going back to last year

- BB, during his press conference

You are right. They are fourth and fifth stringers too. BJGE didn't take a single snap with the first team this preseason. If Belichick felt the guy was competiting for a lead role, he would get snaps with the first string.

It seems like every year Pats fans fall in love with a "stud" who looks great playing against the second, third, and fourth strings and they do nothing in the regular season if they actually make the team. Bam Childress, Patrick Cobbs, Ray Ventrone, etc. have all been deemed must keeps and will make an impact on this team and the best they have done is been contributors on special teams (Ventrone).

This includes last season.

I am including his overrated season from last year where he had one good game against a bad defense another decent game and several other disaster games. He was a classic definition of a JAG last season with one good game that made him a folk hero.

He may make the team, but he will be the #4 RB at best and will probably not be activated for most games barring injuries to Maroney, Taylor, or Faulk.

Last edited:
Um, what? Perhaps you need to take a remedial course in statistics because that's not only not impossible, it's reality.

With all due respect:

If 2nd and 3rd stringers were consistently on their talent, then HOW do we have any first stringers?

Not every player is automatically a first stringer out of college.. THAT is what make it statistically impossible.

Don't forget Brady once was a second stringer! Oh excuse me, he was actually #3 for a short bit.

Well in fairness, he could have faced the second string defense and there might have been one, maybe two starters on the field a play or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes