PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork at DE from now on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, we have moved Vince around to negate the opponents preferred run attack point. (Bengals - middle, Ravens RDE, Chargers LDE).

Apparently, Vince is competent / comfortable at all three positions, and is just so dominant that the strategy is effective.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him at nose again against certain teams, tho as several ppl have mentioned, having him at one of the ends make that edge stronger, which is important for some of the bounce outside type runner.

I will be interested what the run D gameplan is for Adrian Peterson.

--FRITZ

Not sure why (I believe) Nantz said it was a matchup thing. I think that is our 3-4 front allignment moving forward.

It appears that Deaderick has secured the LDE spot, although it appeard Brace had just a few weeks ago, so who knows. :confused:

It (Wilfork DE) started in the Miami game. BB explained afterwards (can't remember whether on radio or all access or what) that it was good to be able to lock down one side and kind of know where the runs were going to go. That's 3 straight games with Wilfork at DE so I agree this is probably staying going forward, especially considering the success against the run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST