PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild Card Weekend: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have, saw deion do it too
and i'd take either of them on my team 8 days a week!

it's what D players do man!

Are you seriously trying to compare Sherman to guys like Deion Sanders?

Yeah Deion wasn't an angel either but he's one of the all time greats and he's got the rings in addition to that. Sherman has a ton of potential to be great but he hasn't won **** yet. He just beat a team w/o a functioning QB for all but 2 series's.

Are you seriously trying to compare Sherman to guys like Deion Sanders?

Yeah Deion wasn't an angel either but he's one of the all time greats and he's got the rings in addition to that. Sherman has a ton of potential to be great but he hasn't won **** yet. He just beat a team w/o a functioning QB for all but 2 series's.

I think he was talking about Branch. Branch is reactionary, he will never go and provoke.

anyone saw sherman and the skins player postgame ? sherman taunted and the guy punched him and sherman raised his hands and backed of grinning ?? guy cant keep his mouth shut and not a graceful winner.

Not that I condone taunting but if someone calls me a cheater and my team beats their team at their house I'd be tempted to taunt

Not that I condone taunting but if someone calls me a cheater and my team beats their team at their house I'd be tempted to taunt

I don't have a huge issue with it either. If he wants to paint a target on his back that's his call.

I think he was talking about Branch. Branch is reactionary, he will never go and provoke.

He said 'that's what D players do' so I thought he was talking about Sanders.

i think you guys just miss rodney harrison

so you see a sherman or a pollard and it irks you greatly
Neither are fit to hold Rodney's boot straps.

This game is illustrative of just how a team like the Giants was able to go to the Superbowl as a wild card team.

Not saying that Seattle will get there, and having a week to rest up is gr8, but there is something about getting hot and on a roll in the playoffs.

Seattle has momentum right now and Atlanta can't be enjoying who they drew for their first game.

It's interesting that in the AFC the #1 or #2 seed has made the SB every year since 2007, whereas in the NFC New Orleans is the only #1 seed to make the SB in the past 5 years. And right now #3 Green Bay and #5 Seattle look like at least as good bets to make the final game as the top 2 seeds.

It's interesting that in the AFC the #1 or #2 seed has made the SB every year since 2007, whereas in the NFC New Orleans is the only #1 seed to make the SB in the past 5 years. And right now #3 Green Bay and #5 Seattle look like at least as good bets to make the final game as the top 2 seeds.

of even greater interest is the new Joe Kerr B L T Clinic opening this week...whaddya say Mayo...I give competitive wages and hangover Monday forgiveness written into salary contracts...

I ended Wild Card weekend 3-1. Did think that Seattle would beat Washington by two touchdowns, though.

with or w/o the spread? I went 4-0 w/ no spread.

but it's true

if you had rodney talking **** about peyton or breaking peyton and dallas clark, you'd be alllll over his **** lol

We might have double standards around here, but not this one. That's not the Patriot way, and yes, we still believe in such things.

i think you guys just miss rodney harrison

so you see a sherman or a pollard and it irks you greatly

Rodney never came into the media and taunted another team or player at least not until the pats were taunted by vanderjagt . There is a difference between responding to trash talk and talking crap about another team.

He'll be back. Shanahan needs to be smarter than this with a running QB, though. This level of stupidity should be a firing offense.

I DO harbor an almost pathalogical dislike of Shanny, but we have to wait and see what role Andrews played in this and what the injury is. Brady's doc told Breer that it looked to him like an instability injury, and that is ACL. RGIII seemed to indicate in his presser he wasn't sure if it was the LCL or something more... It may well technically be his LCL was going to be going under the knife post season regardless and therefore there was no additional risk of injury to it. Even playing the kid under those circumstances doesn't bother me. What did was leaving him in after whatever happened earlier in this game, because he clearly wasn't effective thereafter and he was to some extent at risk of greater injury because he couldn't play his game nearly well enough to be on the field. And that assessment really falls into the category of the HC doing what is best for the player and his teamates. In both the short and long haul. Once RGIII had staked them to a 2 score lead and then been further injured, Shanny should have pulled RGIII and made the switch to Cousins.

I DO harbor an almost pathalogical dislike of Shanny, but we have to wait and see what role Andrews played in this and what the injury is. Brady's doc told Breer that it looked to him like an instability injury, and that is ACL. RGIII seemed to indicate in his presser he wasn't sure if it was the LCL or something more... It may well technically be his LCL was going to be going under the knife post season regardless and therefore there was no additional risk of injury to it. Even playing the kid under those circumstances doesn't bother me. What did was leaving him in after whatever happened earlier in this game, because he clearly wasn't effective thereafter and he was to some extent at risk of greater injury because he couldn't play his game nearly well enough to be on the field. And that assessment really falls into the category of the HC doing what is best for the player and his teamates. In both the short and long haul. Once RGIII had staked them to a 2 score lead and then been further injured, Shanny should have pulled RGIII and made the switch to Cousins.
He should have pulled RG3 at that point and called for a heavy dose of Alfred Morris taking time off the clock and denying the Seahawks the ball.

If the draft started over today. I think it would be Luck #1, Wilson #2, RG3 probably T10. Too fragile and he still hasn't developed much as a passer. A lot of play action deep balls or plays where he has one or two reads (usually an in/slant). Wilson actually makes some great throws.

If the draft started over today. I think it would be Luck #1, Wilson #2, RG3 probably T10. Too fragile and he still hasn't developed much as a passer. A lot of play action deep balls or plays where he has one or two reads (usually an in/slant). Wilson actually makes some great throws.

Wilson is the "last rookie QB standing" so far.

I see him beating the Falcons. He is quite underrated. He seems very poised in the pocket. Far better than many of 2012 QB class (Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton).

It's funny....you always hear about Russell Wilson being short and he plays a lot like RG3. The coaches even incorporated some of the designed runs the Skins were doing into Wilson's game in Seattle. Yet he seems far more durable. Wonder why that is.

Last edited:
It's funny....you always hear about Russell Wilson being short and he plays a lot like RG3. The coaches even incorporated some of the designed runs the Skins were doing into Wilson's game in Seattle. Yet he seems far more durable. Wonder why that is.

He has good speed, Wilson. But, he is not like Vick, RG3, or Newton. Meaning, leave the pocket too early if 1st option is not available. Staying in the pocket to find 2nd or 3rd options, show maturity. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST