PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild Card Weekend: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DO harbor an almost pathalogical dislike of Shanny, but we have to wait and see what role Andrews played in this and what the injury is. Brady's doc told Breer that it looked to him like an instability injury, and that is ACL. RGIII seemed to indicate in his presser he wasn't sure if it was the LCL or something more... It may well technically be his LCL was going to be going under the knife post season regardless and therefore there was no additional risk of injury to it. Even playing the kid under those circumstances doesn't bother me. What did was leaving him in after whatever happened earlier in this game, because he clearly wasn't effective thereafter and he was to some extent at risk of greater injury because he couldn't play his game nearly well enough to be on the field. And that assessment really falls into the category of the HC doing what is best for the player and his teamates. In both the short and long haul. Once RGIII had staked them to a 2 score lead and then been further injured, Shanny should have pulled RGIII and made the switch to Cousins.

My sentiments exactly. Would have written such but just recovering from being forced to watch 2 HRS of Downton Abbey. I was shocked that RG wasn't pulled at 14-0 given his re-aggravation on the out of bounds play.

shoudlve taken him out of the game after 14-0 .That chewed up grass field is not helping.

Was obvious pretty early on in the game that RGIII had tweaked the knee again and wasn't anywhere close to being 100%.
It is beyond mindboggling that Shanahan would risk his franchise player by leaving him in the game and exposing him to permanent damage in that knee.
Outrageous!!
Even more bizarre when you consider that the Skins have a very talented young QB as their backup to RGIII.

Cousins should've started the 2nd half, at the very latest. That would've given the Shannys 12 minutes
to get him ready for the rest of the game. Instead, RG3's lousy QBing plus the SeaHags' constant
uncalled holding/roughing doomed the Skins & their up-to-the-task defense. Too bad.

And to think that the Pats should've dropped 33 on them in a victory regardless of the 2 4th-quarter TDs
allowed by Tavon Wilson & co. I hope that the Falcons destroy them & their slimy idiot HC.

The attempt at damage control has already begun:

Shanahan said that Griffin told him that he was “hurting but not injured” and said he could play at a high level if he remained in the game, something Shanahan said he felt the quarterback earned the right to do this season. Shanahan also said that they wouldn’t have kept Griffin in the game if he felt it wasn’t in his “best interest” to continue playing.

Mike Shanahan: RG3 said he could keep going | ProFootballTalk

So Shanahan's now pretty clearly decided to take the approach of being a lying sack of excrement. He should be fired for his decision to keep RGIII on the field. As a separate matter, he should be fired for saying something so monumentally stupid afterwards. We'll see if Snyder has any balls.

Last edited:
I'm still bullish on Atlanta and think they're going to make it to the NFC Championship

The head coach will have a lot of pressure on him if he loses.

I think the Seahawks are very overrated. ATL can beat them. Will they do it though?

Last edited:
The attempt at damage control has already begun:

Mike Shanahan: RG3 said he could keep going | ProFootballTalk

So Shanahan's now pretty clearly decided to take the approach of being a lying sack of excrement. He should be fired for his decision to keep RGIII on the field. As a separate matter, he should be fired for saying something so monumentally stupid afterwards. We'll see if Snyder has any balls.

I agree with with you that it was an egregious, almost appalling mistake to keep RGIII in as well as your other sentiments. But on Shanny being fired? There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Shanny isn't the coach of the Skins next year if the decision is up to Snyder. Snyder has a solid record of making faustian pacts to field a winning team. He now finally has a team/organization that appears to be that or close to that. He isn't going to make any material changes to that unless he is forced to by outside interests.

Atlanta is going to win, and they're going to be a handful for whoever wins the Niner-GB game. That game is going to be AWESOME.

A cavalcade of experts supporting (some almost applauding) the decision of the coach to leave him out there.

Seems ridiculous to me that you'd leave a hobbled player on the stage when you've got a guy who's shown he can win a game (as opposed to Webb at the Vikings) waiting in the wings.

I also think that if RG3 is going to say it was his choice then he needs a bake. He's a super talent and seems like a hell of a good guy but if he thinks that he's bigger than the team he needs a wake up call.

There appears to be some form of collective hysteria of the NFL, the Skins and the media as to what RG3 is capable of. Even with the evidence staring them in the face they refused to see that he is human after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back