PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Kraft should fire BB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an actual difference between BB/Pioli and Torre/Cashman...

The Yankees are working with a Payroll significantly in excess of the #2 team; and far in excess of the league averge.

They should be world series contenders every year based on the payroll advantage. One or both of them should've been fired (although I'd fire Cashman first since he's the one putting together the rosters)

The Patriots on the other hand have no payroll advantage. Their advantage lies in Pioli//BB's ability to acquire players for less than fair value, to draft players, and to coach players up.

And lets face it; you can't win every superbowl. The 80s Celtics lost a couple of finals. It just hurts when your so dominant to lose so quickly. Atleast in the other sports, its kind of gradual (you have to experience 4 losses)

Because than the transformation will be complete.....

We will be the F'n Yankees.

We lost one game this year. One game. That is 3 less than any other team. I think we would all be a bit happier if the one, was during the first 16 week instead of the sb. But it could have been worse. The one game could have been against Jax.

We don't have some right to 4 SBs in 7 years. We don't have some right to a perfect season.

The only fan base with this sense of entitlement is the damm Yankees.

Based on the posts here the only two players that deserve to comeback next year are Tom Brady and Wes Welker.

Fire Josh, cut Harrison, Moss is no good in the post season, where was Wilfork, the LB are too slow.

These guys won 18 f'n games. There pretty good in my book.

But lets Fire BB, because just like Torre its been a couple of years since he won us the big one.

Then we can be the F'n Yankees.

We are the Yankees in that failing to win the Super Bowl means the season was a total failure. Whether we win 1 game or 8 or 16 or 18, if the result is no Super Bowl ring, the whole season was a waste of everyone's time and energy. We hold ourselves to a higher standard. If you want to be a part of a losing team and organization, support some other team.

Re: Why Kraft should fire BB....

???
Seau, Thomas, Dillon....

Seau, ok, but Thomas and Dillon, certainly not. I believe I said something about signing them to long-term deals. Not just signing them (old people) Thomas and Dillon weren't/ aren't washed up. Dillon ran for over 1000 yards in the first season we had him, and Adalius was flip flopped around in a linebacking core that was screwed once Colvin went down. The fact Adalius was all over the place and ran down Boss from behind our starting safety on a 47-yard play should tell you how washed up he is.

Torre actually was never fired for one, and his in game moves were horrendous. 8 years after the dynasty am I arrogant for wanting a new manager? Hell no, I appreciate everything he has done but it just was time for a change. The only similarity between you guys and the Yanks is your pompous fan base and bandwagon fans

Last edited:

First of all, wait at least a day when being this pissed. Secondly, other than Moss, we have made all of our stars what they are today. The yankees steal everyone else's talent while we have created our own. If you want an actual comparison to the yankees. Look at the redskins who are 20 million over the expanded salary cap and are known as the retirement home for old players because of the long-term deals they give washed up players.

cough Jeter, Cano, Rivera, Pettitte, Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Posada, Wang, Bernie cough.....excuse me. The Yanks have more home grown talent on this team and their WS teams then the red sox have on the 04 and 07 WS team

Last edited:

cough Jeter, Cano, Rivera, Pettitte, Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Posada, Wang, Bernie cough.....excuse me. The Yanks have more home grown talent on this team and their WS teams then the red sox have on the 04 and 07 WS team

you're right, the yankees can't be compared to the pats (or red sox) because they have won something recently while the yanks haven't. That's cute. You're calling Joba, Hughes, Cano, Wang, and Kennedy (who?) notable players. When was the last time they did anything? let alone win a series in the playoffs. The most notable thing anyone of them has done is throw at Youkilis. We're not comparing the Sox to the yankees, we're comparing the Pats to the yankees.

The yankees probably have one of the biggest bandwagon followings IN THE WORLD next to Manchester United, the patriots have no fans outside of New England unless they moved from New England. Even then Connecticut is 70% new york fans. How is Mangina treating you?

you're right, the yankees can't be compared to the pats (or red sox) because they have won something recently while the yanks haven't. That's cute. You're calling Joba, Hughes, Cano, Wang, and Kennedy (who?) notable players. When was the last time they did anything? let alone win a series in the playoffs. The most notable thing anyone of them has done is throw at Youkilis. We're not comparing the Sox to the yankees, we're comparing the Pats to the yankees.

You said the Yankees steal everyone else's talent and I just listed half of our team just about who figures to play a huge role this year who were home grown. Now make a list of home grown red sox who will play a huge role for you guys this year? Yanks>Sox home grown guys. You want to talk about buying players? Your team had a 140 million dollar payroll yet you think you were some kind of underdog. Lugo, Dice-K, Drew, Beckett, Ortiz, Manny, Schilling, Lowell, and Varitek were all homegrown werent they?
The yankees probably have one of the biggest bandwagon followings IN THE WORLD next to Manchester United, the patriots have no fans outside of New England unless they moved from New England. Even then Connecticut is 70% new york fans. How is Mangina treating you
The Pats have a huge number of bandwagon fans as does any team who is a dynasty. Plz realize that

Last edited:
Again, with the comparisons to the red sox when I'm comparing the Patriots to the yankees. I love the assumptions that you make based on something I haven't ever said, as I only mention the red sox when using the statement I'm not talking about the red sox.

I don't know where all of these bandwagon fans are. I moved down to Maryland last year, and based on how many people are fans of the yankees and cowboys at the same time it would appear as though there are some bandwagoners around here, an unusual amount actually. Yet there are none of these bandwagon pats fans of which you speak. I'm not saying there isn't some pats fans cult out in kansas or montana, but they haven't caught on half as much as any other sucessful franchise in the last 20 years. Not even close to the yankees, cowboys, steelers, or even the red sox more recently.

The best teams in football have only won 2 of the past 10 SB's I recall.

XLII - Best team Patriots - SB winner - Giants
XLI - Best team Chargers - SB winner - Colts
XL - Best team Colts - SB winner Steelers
XXXIX - Best team PATRIOTS - SB winner PATRIOTS
XXXVIII - Best team PATRIOTS - SB winner PATRIOTS
XXXVII - Best team Raiders - SB winner Tampa Bay
XXXVI - Best team Rams - SB winner PATRIOTS
XXXV - Best team ???? - SB winner Rams
XXXIV - Best team I'm losing track now.....

Point is - that the NFL is a series of one game matchups and that the talent is balanced enough by design of the salary cap so that each team is set up to fail (miss the playoffs) and succeed (make the playoffs). Then you have your pivotal matchups the coaching staffs focus on to their advantage. This time our OL get their butts kicked and we had no friggen answer. Teams that have OL issues generally lose in the NFL.

In fact, I have reviewed every Patriot loss this decade and we consistently have trouble with the physical matchups on either or both lines in those losses [Denver, SD, Carolina, KC, Baltimore(we won by dumb luck, but we should have been crushed), Jets, Miami]. A lot of it is simply attitude and desire and for whatever reason, it wasn't with the Patriots on February 3, 2008. Perhaps Belichick and Pioli need to go shopping for the most imposing OL man they can find.

Not so fast. Mr Kraft should then retire and hand everything off to Jonathan who then professes his love for Gisele. And only then it is after Gisele puts on a few extra pounds.

^I had that wrong Kraft retires and hands it off, Then Jonathan fires or lowball BB. etc.

Last edited:
Can you change the title of this thread already?

Maybe, are we the yankees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore