PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why don't the Patriots go deep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Ok, Moss is gone. big woop. Everyone else in the league goes deep once in a while against the patriots. The bills goes deep, the steelers go deep, heck even KC goes deep. Don't give me this, "Oh theyre a dink and dunk offense" eff that, you have one of the best QBs in the league, why not use his arm? Why don't they go for the endzone when they are on the 30 and driving? Nope, just dink to woodhead, and dunk to welker.

Every other team I can think of gets deep bombs, we always see them on the highlights, just never from the patriots. I've noticed it the past several games without moss, and now I think its hurting the team.

Its a joke and the patriots have now become the most boring team in football. Don't give me "but this is what they did from 01-04. Cause its not.

Why don' they just give it a try once in a while, if it gets picked, it gets picked. Same thing as what they are doing when they punt and probably a better outcome too.

They're relying on schemes way too much. How bout this scheme, let it fly. Remember when pats used to go 5 wide all the time. Why don't they try that? The run doesn't work. Lets face it. If the pats D doesnt force TOs they will lose. Simple as that. The offense is not good enough. And we saw that on Sunday. If the Pats won that game on sunday, I would be having the same rant as I am having now.

Ok thats my rant and now I want to opinions

Anyone else feel this way?

tumblr_l7uu95rd1u1qa9913o1_500.gif

*goes back and looks at threads complaining of Brady forcing the ball to Moss.

tumblr_l7uu95rd1u1qa9913o1_500.gif

*goes back and looks at threads complaining of Brady forcing the ball to Moss.

I never complained about going deep to moss. I loved it. Its idiots ;like felger that hated it.

Frayed rotator cuff ... same reason he throws at shoes sometimes.

Now I shall ... :scared:

Ok, Moss is gone. big woop. Everyone else in the league goes deep once in a while against the patriots. The bills goes deep, the steelers go deep, heck even KC goes deep. Don't give me this, "Oh theyre a dink and dunk offense" eff that, you have one of the best QBs in the league, why not use his arm? Why don't they go for the endzone when they are on the 30 and driving? Nope, just dink to woodhead, and dunk to welker.

Every other team I can think of gets deep bombs, we always see them on the highlights, just never from the patriots. I've noticed it the past several games without moss, and now I think its hurting the team.

Its a joke and the patriots have now become the most boring team in football. Don't give me "but this is what they did from 01-04. Cause its not.

Why don' they just give it a try once in a while, if it gets picked, it gets picked. Same thing as what they are doing when they punt and probably a better outcome too.

They're relying on schemes way too much. How bout this scheme, let it fly. Remember when pats used to go 5 wide all the time. Why don't they try that? The run doesn't work. Lets face it. If the pats D doesnt force TOs they will lose. Simple as that. The offense is not good enough. And we saw that on Sunday. If the Pats won that game on sunday, I would be having the same rant as I am having now.

Ok thats my rant and now I want to opinions

Anyone else feel this way?

They have no deep threat at WR, that's why. This team needed V Jackson. Also, I hate to say it, but TB seems very gun shy and is becoming Captain Check Down. The guy is off. Even when you look at last week, Tate's two catches were the result of a broken play and a ball that should have been picked off. He is not in the same league as Rivers or Manning right now. I can't include Rodgers, because he's got Weapons all over the place. Sure Manning has Wayne, but what else does he have? Rivers is doing what he's doing with practice squad WRs and a hobbled TE. I was always one of the guys to side with Brady in the ol' Brady vs Manning debate, but that comparison seems silly now.

It does seem odd that they don't throw it deep, at least the odd time to at least keep the defense respecting such a pass.

Maybe the deep play is on page 2 of BOB's play chart and he never flips past the first .........

They have no deep threat at WR, that's why. This team needed V Jackson. Also, I hate to say it, but TB seems very gun shy and is becoming Captain Check Down. The guy is off. Even when you look at last week, Tate's two catches were the result of a broken play and a ball that should have been picked off. He is not in the same league as Rivers or Manning right now. I can't include Rodgers, because he's got Weapons all over the place. Sure Manning has Wayne, but what else does he have? Rivers is doing what he's doing with practice squad WRs and a hobbled TE. I was always one of the guys to side with Brady in the ol' Brady vs Manning debate, but that comparison seems silly now.

Yeah, you're right. For Brady to be in Manning's league, he needs to start throwing game-losing picks like Manning did against the Eagles.

Yeah, you're right. For Brady to be in Manning's league, he needs to start throwing game-losing picks like Manning did against the Eagles.

And the Saints...during the Super Bowl...

There isnt a deep threat on the team, they dont have anyone that can stretch defenses. Tate was thought to be this guy but it doesnt seem like he can do it. Welker/Edelman are slot guys. Branch doesnt have the speed that he used to and the injury makes him even slower. Gronk definitely isnt a deep threat and Hernandez is a receiving TE, not a guy to out run a CB for a 40 yard bomb. They simply dont have a down the field threat

Perception doesn't meet reality. Brady is 7th among QBs in pass completions 20 yards or more this season. He has more than Manning and Brees.

Perception doesn't meet reality. Brady is 7th among QBs in pass completions 20 yards or more this season. He has more than Manning and Brees.

I am sure about 80% of those came with Moss on the roster though

manning has Garcon, Tamme, Wayne, and a new receiver that played well yesterday....and collie if he comes back......

I am sure about 80% of those came with Moss on the roster though

Nope. He has 26 20+ yard completions on the season. At least 13 have come since Moss left.

Felger should run the team. He has all the answers. He said the Patriots are better off without Moss

NFL Stats: by Player Category

You have to go through the box scores at 2010 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com and count up the receivers whose long reception was 20 or greater.

Most of those are just over 20 yards and if you really look at the plays they are more of YAC more than 20 yards, rather than Brady throwing the ball 20 yards are further. A better stat would be Brady's passes that travel 20 yards are further. That stat shows how good the Pats are with YAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes