PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do I feel uneasy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you would be just as nervous if the Pats were 15-1 or 14-2 at the end of the regular season. The finality of losing is a heartbreaker.

You have to like the chances now. Homefield, healthy players, displaying an ability to win in any weather and one less game to paly in the playoffs.

You're feeling uneasy because in less than three weeks the wild card round opens up.

What is in the water here that is causing these ridiculous posts like "If we could have or had only lost a game or 2 now, the SB would be ours"?

Last edited:
This is the best of times for homers like me. I'm seeing things from my team that I would not dare to imagine 20 years ago. They can write NFL history by going undefeated all the way to winning their 4th Super Bowl. That's 3 more than I asked god for prior to the 2001 season.

So why do I feel so uneasy about the rest of the year. Part of me want the team to run the table and part of me would like to see the team lose (OMG I said it) one of the two remaining games.

I guess I feel that the law of averages are working againts us and by losing one of two remaining regular season games they have a better chance to go three games to glory in the playoffs.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I just being paranoid?

The Greeks have always told us -- stay away from the beans. Oh wait, you said uneasy, not queasy.

Seriously, just enjoy it. I don't feel uneasy, I feel great. Win or lose, it doesn't matter. Just enjoy it. I am 15 minutes away from watching the Jets game on NFL Replay.

We are OK no matter what. Enjoy it. And if we lose, I would not spend one second of your time thinking about it. Are you thinking about last year's loss against the Colts. Nope. We are just fine.

Last edited:
This is the best of times for homers like me. I'm seeing things from my team that I would not dare to imagine 20 years ago. They can write NFL history by going undefeated all the way to winning their 4th Super Bowl. That's 3 more than I asked god for prior to the 2001 season.

So why do I feel so uneasy about the rest of the year. Part of me want the team to run the table and part of me would like to see the team lose (OMG I said it) one of the two remaining games.

I guess I feel that the law of averages are working againts us and by losing one of two remaining regular season games they have a better chance to go three games to glory in the playoffs.

No you're not being paranoid. That uneasy feeling is probably coming form your subconscience mind. Deep inside your brain you know that we are going to have to beat the Colts again to win the SB. I have an uneasy feeling myself becasue what would be worse than to have a great season like this but to end it losing in the playoffs or SB. I also have the Colts on my mind.

No you're not being paranoid. That uneasy feeling is probably coming form your subconscience mind. Deep inside your brain you know that we are going to have to beat the Colts again to win the SB. I have an uneasy feeling myself becasue what would be worse than to have a great season like this but to end it losing in the playoffs or SB. I also have the Colts on my mind.

totally agree.... until the SB is won I will feel uneasy

And David picked up a stone, and struck the phillestine in the head with it.
You are uneasy because after this wonderful season the Pats have had, record breaking and all, you can still see the Colts in your rearview.
And you know what they are capable of.

I agree, facing a 16-0 or 17-0 team will be a major, major intimidating situation for any team walking into Foxboro. It benefits the Pats more than hurts them. My ideal scenario is to see both wildcard teams win and have Cleveland come to Foxboro and the Jags go to Indy and beat the snot out of that team which is going to happen the next time they play. A Jags/Pats title game, I'll take any day. One team I really don't want to see walk into Foxboro is SD. That team is firing on all cylinders and will have motivation to take us out like no other. Luckily for us, they'll be the 3 seed and will have to play Indy.
You've got that right. I understand how good NE is this year and I understand how NE fans feel about the team. There's a lot of good reasons for that. But I'm pretty sure that if the Bolts make it to Foxboro they will not be intimidated. The team will not be thinking they can't win. No, I don't see that. I'm pretty sure that game goes down to the wire.

You've got that right. I understand how good NE is this year and I understand how NE fans feel about the team. There's a lot of good reasons for that. But I'm pretty sure that if the Bolts make it to Foxboro they will not be intimidated. The team will not be thinking they can't win. No, I don't see that. I'm pretty sure that game goes down to the wire.
Not with Phillip Rivers at quarterback!

Here's why I think people are uneasy: because with a team this good, anything but a SB victory would be a crushing disappointment.

Imagine you're a fan of a team like Cleveland. You start off the season hoping your team will be good. There are ups and downs, but enough good stuff to keep you optimistic. As the ups continue to outweigh the downs, you start envisioning a playoff berth. Excitement is building, every game is another opportunity to secure that spot! If you make it, woo-hoo!!! Maybe your team can win a game...or even two...or...who knows? They've already proven all the doubters wrong, it's all gravy now!

Now imagine you're a fan of the Patriots. (Not too hard to imagine, right? :) ) You started this season knowing your team was good. By week 4 you had a near deathgrip on the division title. By week 9 a bye and HFA looked solid. By week 11 folks are talking about all-time records and all-time greatness. Your team is the overwhelming favorite to win it all.

It's fantastic. It's amazing. Through 14 games, it's a dream come true. But the incremental, week-by-week excitement of a normal season has been replaced by a single long-term goal: Win the Superbowl, period. That, IMO, is why fans are so jittery. It just feels like a long, tense wait to the playoffs at this point. The next few weeks are just about preventing negatives.

Correct as usual. :)

And David picked up a stone, and struck the phillestine in the head with it.
You are uneasy because after this wonderful season the Pats have had, record breaking and all, you can still see the Colts in your rearview.
And you know what they are capable of.

The Dolts only win in the playoffs when the refs hand them the game.

I'm pretty sure that if the Bolts make it to Foxboro they will not be intimidated. The team will not be thinking they can't win.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

We ARE that good and it is all set up, staring you all, right in the face, What a beautiful sight to behold. Enjoy it people.

Defense - Seymour is back, oh my.

Offense - best ever, a passing game that is truy outstanding and oh, by the way, did you see Maroney yesterday??

Special teams - great coverage and multiple quality returners.

Coaching - huge advantage over most teams.

Home field advantage - no matter what the weather.

Experience - everywhere

QB - one of if not the best.

Rest - play two games, take a week off, play two more games take two weeks off - finish the job in AZ.

The teams that face us know this team is nasty and talented. A unique blend of speed and power, throughout.

19-0 baby - there is no doubt in my mind.

We ARE that good.

Last edited:

i've unwillingly taken your position for a few weeks now. i thought we would lose a game in the Eagles-Ravens-Steelers stretch, get it over with and win the SB. What the pats are trying to do now is off the charts. it's winner take all. go 16--0 and win the SB and they have done something almost unimagineable and can lay claim to "the greatest team of all time." go 16--0 and lose anywhere in the playoffs and they will be a very good team that couldn't do what the dolfins did.

I think you need to switch your brand of blunt :eek: "Nut".

Just teasing you of course ... perhaps being the girlie mod :eek: has made
you more paranoid than ever ... :p

It's natural to feel that way. Anything can happen but with our focus on game by game-we should win the next two easily. Play our guys-keep them conditioned-in game shape....I think we'll be fine and Tom hould hit 5 more td passes

Here's why I think people are uneasy: because with a team this good, anything but a SB victory would be a crushing disappointment.

Imagine you're a fan of a team like Cleveland. You start off the season hoping your team will be good. There are ups and downs, but enough good stuff to keep you optimistic. As the ups continue to outweigh the downs, you start envisioning a playoff berth. Excitement is building, every game is another opportunity to secure that spot! If you make it, woo-hoo!!! Maybe your team can win a game...or even two...or...who knows? They've already proven all the doubters wrong, it's all gravy now!

Now imagine you're a fan of the Patriots. (Not too hard to imagine, right? :) ) You started this season knowing your team was good. By week 4 you had a near deathgrip on the division title. By week 9 a bye and HFA looked solid. By week 11 folks are talking about all-time records and all-time greatness. Your team is the overwhelming favorite to win it all.

It's fantastic. It's amazing. Through 14 games, it's a dream come true. But the incremental, week-by-week excitement of a normal season has been replaced by a single long-term goal: Win the Superbowl, period. That, IMO, is why fans are so jittery. It just feels like a long, tense wait to the playoffs at this point. The next few weeks are just about preventing negatives.

Well-put. The Pats have raised the bar so high that anything less than a SB title is unacceptable. Going 16-0 and then losing in the playoffs would be devastating. Having said that, I have all the confidence in the world that the Pats are going to run the table and become the best ever.

Why don't we vote and see which game from this season we should forfeit. This talk is ridiculous to me , maybe if this were some upstart never been there before team like Dallas or Green Bay but this is a team loaded with battle tested veterans who have been there done that ( isn't there team best 21 straight). Finally they are being led by Tom Brady and Bill Belichick!

To me, of all of the brilliant posts on this thread, I think Patschick best defines our anxiety, After the high of 14 straight wins, and all of our expectations, we can easily picture how crushing it would be to have one bad game to kill the dream. But I like our chances a lot more than our opponents. Here's why:

1. In every close game, we've had, Colts, Ravens, Skins, Eagles, Jets, the Pats were the stronger team at crunch time, including the come-from-behinds against the Cowboys and Colts.

2. Leadership. We have proven winners who refuse to lose. Brady, Harrison, Bruschi, Faulk, Vrabel, Brown and others, know how to get it done, and won't settle for less.

3. Coaching. Would you trade BB and his staff for any others?

4. All roads lead through Foxboro, with two weeks off to recuperate.

5. The new guys. Welker, Moss, Thomas, Stallworth and Washington make us stronger than we've ever been.

Can we still lose? Sure, but who has a better chance?

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Yea, they do. The thing is it wouldn't be the same thing over and over again. Last time the Bolts went to Foxboro they won. If the Bolts can manage to get to Foxboro this season and they get beat, well? Maybe then they ought to give it up. :rolleyes:

Not with Phillip Rivers at quarterback!
Hmm, I'd say not with a poorly playing Rivers who commits 2 unforced TO's and another avoidable TO in the 1st half. No, that won't get it done. You're right. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News