PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why didn't we draft Everette Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whos to say that this wont happen next time another "ware" comes around? Is it ever a good Idea to trade up towards the top ten? We are talking about the most dominant defense player in the NFL IMO. BB cant see into the future so why would he trade up for the next possible great OLB? Will it be a good decision in the future if it wasnt back then?

It could be. Every player is evaluated differently, and the players available change from year to year. Belichick is willing to position the Patriots pretty high up in the draft when the available talent suits the team's needs.

What I was getting at in saying "the Decade turned over" was moving into the second half of the decade. Oh lets discredit the steelers first championship this decade because they got the benifit of a few bad calls. McGinest who was picked 4th overall was the "perfect OLB" as is Ware, and Merriman and Suggs. All were top 15 picks, do you think the Pats will be picking in the top 15 anytime soon? The Steelers One Gap has won them 2 championships over the past 5 years. The Pats have one how many with the super exclusive two gap in the same span? Oh and dont give me that "one trick pony" BS because I seem to remeber Harrison dropping back into coverage and getting a pick six in the SB.This is why nobody likes you because you come in here starting sh*t with people. Yeah Ill be the "internet toughguy" you can be the Real life D*ck Head!

Do you realize how long it took for Harrison to "develop"? The better part of 5 years..

The Pats won back to back SBs with the 3-4 2 Gap system. When it happens doesn't matter because, unlike you, I realize that there are 3 aspects to the game, not just one. And that the Patriots have had issues with more than one aspect over the past few years.

BTW, SFBs, I was in the thread long before you show up with your comments. You might want to think before you post.

Did I ask you...No I asked the other Wad, maybe your reading comp needs help. Have you actually managed to already forget that at this point in time we only have our first round pick for next year? Oh and does your boyfriend follow you to every thread?LMAO

Hey SFBs, it doesn't matter WHO you ask. The fact is that you made a fool of yourself. AGAIN.

BTW, The Patriots have their 1st round pick and 3 second round picks next year. They also have their 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 2 seventh round picks. Not to mention that, from my calculations, they could have as many as 4 comp picks. So, I'm not sure where you get that they only have their 1st rounder for next season.

Again, you really should think before you post.

Yes I realize you can trade up or down in drafts but In a draft where we had plenty of ammo to trade up but we decided to trade down. We had holes at OLB and ILB. Can you tell me why we decided to trade down? Its because BB likes to have picks in the twenties because they are value picks. It would be great if every 6'4 and up 250lbs and up LB would last to the twenties but they usually don't. That is why me and the others think that we are up a creek without a paddle by looking for the perfect LB while picking in the twenties.

Can I tell you EXACTLY why BB traded down? No. Only BB could do that. But I can offer my opinion. And that opinion is that the players available at their pick either 1) Didn't have the physical attributes they were looking for 2) Didn't have the mental attributes to succeed in the Patriots system 3) Rubbed BB or the coaching staff the wrong way during interviews.

Read the last sentence again. Now again. And a 3rd time. That sentence is what so many draftnik wannabes like yourself forget. These guys are interviewing for JOBS. Its a lot different than the interviews they go through for college teams. Especially when there are hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions of dollars at stake. So many people harp on the 1st one that they forget about the other 2. And its clear that yourself, State, and Hey Bro all have done that.

You think you are so friggin smart cause you read some web page scouting report on a player and most of the time have never seen anything but highlights of the player.

Tell me something. Did you actually WATCH the positional drills from the combine? I did. And what I saw in Brown was a guy who did things his own way and not the way that the coaches showed them to do it. So, needless to say, I wasn't impressed at all. And if I saw it, you'd better believe that BB, Pees, and the rest of the defensive coaches on the Pats saw it.

Like he did with DeMarcus Ware?!? or Merriman? I think the talent justified picking in the top 10 that year and neither one of them went in the top 10.

BB had Ware rated as his best player in that draft. I'm sure he would have loved to draft him, but he'd have had to trade Brady to do it.

Hey SFBs, it doesn't matter WHO you ask. The fact is that you made a fool of yourself. AGAIN.

BTW, The Patriots have their 1st round pick and 3 second round picks next year. They also have their 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 2 seventh round picks. Not to mention that, from my calculations, they could have as many as 4 comp picks. So, I'm not sure where you get that they only have their 1st rounder for next season.

Again, you really should think before you post.

Hey SFCS, I said the Pats only have their 1st round pick. They dont have another teams pick like they did the last time they picked in the top 10, of course we have other picks, I was watching the draft just like everybody else. I know exactly what we have next year, and as of right now we dont have nor are we projected to pick anywhere near the top of the draft. So how do we get that "perfect OLB"? You know, the one who can cover, set the edge, can rush the passer and is over 6'4 and 250lbs?

Like he did with DeMarcus Ware?!? or Merriman? I think the talent justified picking in the top 10 that year and neither one of them went in the top 10.

Do you know anything about the players you are talking about?

When Ware was coming out, there were plenty of worries about whether he could handle being an every down player. Yes, he proved that he could be, but only after he was drafted.

Ware was drafted 11th overall by the Cowboys. The Pats didn't have the ammunition to trade up since they were drafting 32nd that year.

Merriman. I can fully understand why the Pats didn't draft that one trick pony. His attitude and the fact that he was a mid-second round pick prior to the combine and his pro-day where he showed himself to be explosive in the vertical and in the rush. But, he's also had issues with the cartiledge in his knees.

BB had Ware rated as his best player in that draft. I'm sure he would have loved to draft him, but he'd have had to trade Brady to do it.

Yeah trading Brady was the only way we were getting Ware.:rolleyes:

I see that Ware is getting overrated on yet another thread.

I'm relieved that I'm back to disagreeing with you. Ware is the best DE/OLB in football, in my view. Like I pointed out already, IIRC BB had him rated as the best player in that draft. Every time I see him play I see an instinctive player with strength and explosion who has an innate ability to get to the QB. He's brilliant, really. Probably my favorite non-Pat player to watch play.

Hey SFCS, I said the Pats only have their 1st round pick. They dont have another teams pick like they did the last time they picked in the top 10, of course we have other picks, I was watching the draft just like everybody else. I know exactly what we have next year, and as of right now we dont have nor are we projected to pick anywhere near the top of the draft. So how do we get that "perfect OLB"? You know, the one who can cover, set the edge, can rush the passer and is over 6'4 and 250lbs?

Thank you for agreeing with me. You really should say what you mean, not say what you think you mean because your comprehension sucks. You should have said "The Pats only have their pick in the first round and not another team's pick." The way you said it means that they only have their 1st round pick and nothing else. Which is wrong.

I don't believe you watched the draft and, as far as I am concerned, your nothing but a loudmouth punk arse who can't even speak english properly.

As for getting the "perfect OLB", its a matter of luck. Just like every other pick in the draft. You scout the players, you project their skills and abilities the best you can, and you interview them. And you hope that there is more than one who meets your criteria so that you have more than one option.

Now, you have a few choices. You can either zip it and think before you post, you can go away or you can continue to show everyone how much of a ignorant punk you are. That's up to you. Me, I think I already know the answer.

Yeah trading Brady was the only way we were getting Ware.:rolleyes:

Man, you love making yourself look like a fool.

What other assets could the Patriots have traded in 2005 that would have moved them from number 32 to number 10? Dallas wasn't going to trade the #11 pick because they wanted Ware.

What would you have traded? Seriously. I want to hear this since you seem to think you are such a great GM.

I don't believe you watched the draft and, as far as I am concerned, your nothing but a loudmouth punk arse who can't even speak english properly.

Better watch out, this kid flies to GB from NJ to train MMA with infamous tough guy Michael Bisping. He might even know Lee Murray, and knowing Lee Murray means he can probably choke you out through his broadband modem.

Either that or he's a kid with a video game. But he comes off tough as nails so it's really hard to tell.

Unfortunately, Woods wasn't on the Patriots then.. He was still at Michigan.

Yeah, I know, but it was right there so I had to go for it. Maybe we can trade Pierre for Ware before the trading deadline, though.

Better watch out, this kid flies to GB from NJ to train MMA with infamous tough guy Michael Bisping. He might even know Lee Murray, and knowing Lee Murray means he can probably choke you out through his broadband modem.

Either that or he's a kid with a video game. But he comes off tough as nails so it's really hard to tell.

The only way he might choke me through the broadband modem is if I choke on my soda or my dinner because he's said something utterly ridiculous again.

Thank you for agreeing with me. You really should say what you mean, not say what you think you mean because your comprehension sucks. You should have said "The Pats only have their pick in the first round and not another team's pick." The way you said it means that they only have their 1st round pick and nothing else. Which is wrong.

As for getting the "perfect OLB", its a matter of luck. Just like every other pick in the draft. You scout the players, you project their skills and abilities the best you can, and you interview them. And you hope that there is more than one who meets your criteria so that you have more than one option.

Now, you have a few choices. You can either zip it and think before you post, you can go away or you can continue to show everyone how much of a ignorant punk you are. That's up to you. Me, I think I already know the answer.[/QUOTE]

Its not about luck at all, if it was than plenty of teams get lucky when drafting because plenty of teams get the players they want. You obviously don't know football too well. You pointed out every flaw in Ware's pre draft profile. Now tell me this, if Ware is one of if not THE best defensive players in the NFL and he had all those things against him than how the hell do you find a player better than Ware without those question marks. You don't, Prospects aren't perfect, everybody has question marks. Find the perfect prospect and youll find a guy who will go in the top 5. If I bolded "their" you would know exactly what I meant and If you didn't than that's your problem. You see its the Internet, You don't know me and I don't know you. I don't give two ***** about what you think about me, I think your *****. You have absolutely no control over me what so ever. You do have the option to ignore me. Use it if you don't like my opinion. You came here starting sh*t with me. I never quoted and attacked you, you attacked me. I don't like you and you don't like me, big f'n deal. Deal with it. BTW we are typing not speaking dipsh*t!

Its not about luck at all, if it was than plenty of teams get lucky when drafting because plenty of teams get the players they want. You obviously don't know football too well. You pointed out every flaw in Ware's pre draft profile. Now tell me this, if Ware is one of if not THE best defensive players in the NFL and he had all those things against him than how the hell do you find a player better than Ware without those question marks. You don't, Prospects aren't perfect, everybody has question marks. Find the perfect prospect and youll find a guy who will go in the top 5. If I bolded "their" you would know exactly what I meant and If you didn't than that's your problem. You see its the Internet, You don't know me and I don't know you. I don't give two ***** about what you think about me, I think your *****. You have absolutely no control over me what so ever. You do have the option to ignore me. Use it if you don't like my opinion. You came here starting sh*t with me. I never quoted and attacked you, you attacked me. I don't like you and you don't like me, big f'n deal. Deal with it. BTW we are typing not speaking dipsh*t!

Oh lmfao. Stay gold, Pony Boy. Stay gold.

If Classic Fairy Tales Took Place in Jersey (Comic) | Cracked.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes