PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

my 2 round mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan-1982

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
#1 St. Louis Rams. Sam Bradford, QB. Marc Bulger, never realy did fill kurt warner, shoes and he is all ways injured. it's time for the rams to move on.

#2 Detroit Lions. Russell Okung, OT the O line need to protect there young QB and drafting the top LT in the draft is a good start.

#3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Gerald McCoy, DT he is the best fit for there system and should make there young defense. a lot better.

#4 Washington Redskins. Jimmy Clausen, QB the redskins need a play maker at QB and clausen, could be that guy.

#5 Kansas City Chiefs. Ndamukong Suh, DT. the chiefs are trying to build a team up there and they get there all pro 3-4 DE in suh,

#6 Seattle Seahawks. Bryan Bulaga, OT walter jones is old and they need help on the O line.

#7 Cleveland Browns. Eric Berry, S the browns get a play maker at DB and should realy help that young defense.

#8 Oakland Raiders. Bruce Campbell, OT who ever the QB is in oakland they have to protect. him.

#9 Buffalo Bills. Trent Williams, OT the bills O line was one of the worst in the NFL last year. they need all the help they can get.

#10 Jacksonville Jaguars. Derrick Morgan, DE the jags need pass rush bad and they sould get some big help from morgan.

#11Denver Broncos. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB it's hard to pass up puting a big time pass rusher next to Dumervil. this will give denver the best pass rush in the NFL.

#12 Miami Dolphins. Dan Williams, NT with out jason ferguson, NT becomes a big need for the fish and williams is the top NT in the draft.

#13 San Francisco. 49ers Rolando McClain, ILB McClain, and willis, playing side by side sould be fun to watch.

#14 Seattle Seahawks. C.J. Spiller, RB this gives the Seahawks the play maker they need at RB.

#15 New York Giants. Sean Weatherspoon, ILB the Giants get the best 4-3 ILB in the draft this sould make there run defense. a lot better.

#16 Tennessee Titans. Dez Bryant, WR i know the titans need a DE but there top receiver last year was chris johnson, with 50 rec they have to give young some one to throw to.

#17 San Francisco 49ers. Brandon Graham, DE/OLB with McClain, and Graham, in the frist round this gives the 49ers some of the best young LB's in NFL

#18 Pittsburgh Steelers. Joe Haden, CB with haden and polamalu, over the top. the steelers defense returns to the top of the NFL.

#19 Atlanta Falcons. Carlos Dunlap, DE the falcons need help geting to the QB and dunlap, will be a big help for them.

#20 Houston Texans. Earl Thomas, S the texans get them selfs a good starter at DB in thomas,

#21 Cincinnati Bengals. Jermaine Gresham, TE with antonio bryant, ochocinco, and Gresham, palmer, can't with to get on the field and try out he's new toys.

#22 New England Patriots. Jared Odrick, DE the pats get there replacement for seymour,

#23 Green Bay Packers. Mike Iupati, G this gives the packers some big time help on a O line that was one of the worst last year.

#24 Philadelphia Eagles. Maurkice Pouncey, C/G with all the injurys the eagles had on the O line last year this is a very good pick for them.

#25 Baltimore Ravens. Sergio Kindle, OLB. the ravens top pass rusher at OLB Jarret Johnson, only had 6 sacks after Suggs got hurt there pass rush was just not the same. they need dept at OLB

#26 Arizona Cardinals. Charles Brown, OT the cards need help on the O line this is a good pick for them.

#27 Dallas Cowboys. Taylor Mays, S the boys get a big time play maker at DB. with that pass rush he sould make plays all over the field.

#28 San Diego Chargers. Ryan Mathews, RB even with LT gone san diego dose not miss a beat by drafting Mathews, who should be a 1000 yerd back as a rookie.

#29 New York Jets. Jerry Hughes, OLB in that system even as a rookie Hughes, should put up some good numbers.

#30 Minnesota Vikings. Jahvid Best, RB the vikinks don't just replace taylor, there 3rd down back they get a upgrade. by drafting best,

#31 Indianapolis Colts. Kyle Wilson, CB this gives the colts more dept at DB and mybe even a starter at corner.

#32 New Orleans Saints. Everson Griffen, DE this gives the saints good dept at DE

round 2

#33 St. Louis Rams. Arrelious Benn, WR this gives the rams a play maker at WR and with a young QB in bradford they need all the help they can get.

#34 Detroit Lions. Devin McCourty, CB the lions get them selfs a starting CB in the 2th round.

#35 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Brandon LaFell, WR this gives the bucs the help they need at WR

#36 Kansas City Chiefs. Terrence Cody, NT with suh and cody, KC will have one of the best front 3's in the game for years to come.

#37 Washington Redskins. Golden Tate, WR with Clausen, and tate back on the same team again it should make both of there rookie seasons a lot easyer.

#38 Cleveland Browns. ricky sapp, OLB this gives the browns the pass rusher they need.

#39 Oakland Raiders. Brian Price, DT this gives oakland. a starter next to Tommy Kelly,

#40 Cam Thomas, NT san diego fills a big need with thomas,

#41 Buffalo Bills. Jason Worilds, OLB with the bills moveing to the 3-4 this year. they need pass rushing LB's

#42 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Kareem Jackson, CB this gives the bucs good dept at DB

#43 Miami Dolphins. Koa Misi, OLB with there 2 top pass rushers gone the fish need OLB's bad and misi should turn in to a realy good player for the fish.

#44 New England Patriots. Damian Williams, WR this gives the pats the WR help they need.

#45 Denver Broncos. Alex Carrington, DT/DE this give denver good dept at DE

#46 New York Giants. Tyson Alualu, DT the g man need help at DT and they get it with Alualu,

#47 Jimmy Graham, TE the pats need a starting TE and this fills a big need for the pats.

#48 Carolina Panthers. Mardy Gilyard, WR this is a good pick up for the panthers it fills a big need for them.

#49 San Francisco 49ers. Dominique Franks, CB this gives the 49ers good dept at CB

#50 Kansas City Chiefs. Jared Veldheer, OT Veldheer, give KC the help they need at O line.

#51 Houston Texans. Ben Tate, RB. texans need help at RB this is a good pick for them.

#52 Pittsburgh Steelers. brandon spikes ILB this gives the steelers good dept at ILB

#53 New England Patriots. Jonathan Dwyer, RB this gives the pats the power back they need.

#54 Cincinnati Bengals. Lamarr Houston, DT they need help at DT this is a good pick for them.

#55 Philadelphia Eagles. Nate Allen, FS this gives the eagels good dept at DB

#56 Green Bay Packers. Brandon Ghee, CB woodson and harris are not geting younger the packers need dept at DB

#57 Baltimore Ravens. Corey Wootton, DE the ravens need dept at D line this is a good pick for them.

#58 Arizona Cardinals. Jermaine Cunningham, DE/OLB the cards need to get younger at OLB and this is a good pick for them.

#59 Dallas Cowboys. Patrick Robinson, CB this gives dallas good dept at CB.

#60 Seattle Seahawks. Reshad Jones, S this gives them some good dept at DB

#61 New York Jets. Linval Joseph, NT this the jets good dept for kris jenkins, who is all ways injurd.

#62 Minnesota Vikings. Chris Cook, CB this adds good dept at DB for the vikinks.

#63 Indianapolis Colts. Morgan Burnett, FS this give the colts more dept at DB.

#64 New Orleans Saints. Daryl Washington, OLB with Scott Fujita, gone the saints need help at LB this is a goof pick for them.

will thats my mock draft of the first 2 round tell me what you guys think.

Last edited:
I admire anyone who does a full 2 round mock, and my admiration grows for every round thereafter. That being said, if that is your idea of what the Pats need to set themselves up for the coming decade.....the I hate it.

Odrick is not the athletic versatile DE that Seymour was. Not even close. If we are lucky enough that Sergio Kindle is on the board at 22 and DON'T take him, BB will hear my wrath. He is the physical prototype of the Willy McGinest OL/DE pass rusher. Great speed, great lenth, long arms, and a good college resume of production. Next to that Odrick is very ordinary.

BUT I didn't wince when you picked him because there were several pass rushers available after that. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You decided that the offense need THREE upgrade, while the D was just fine thank you. WROOOONNNNGGGG!!!!.

Those 4 picks will be key to the Pats staying at the top of the league...long term. And right now its the D that needs them. at least 3 of them on the DL and LB

I agree with Ken, if the Pats pass on Kindle for Odrick, I'm going to puke. In addition, if they don't take a pass rusher with any of their first 4 picks, then it's safe to say the Pats are insane. I like the Williams pick because the Pats need a WR and he would be good value. However, taking a TE with any of their first 4 picks is a complete waste. The way they treat their TE's in this offense, they may as well just give the pick away. Lastly, the Pats need a RB, but I'd rather have a scat back that can take it the distance like Best instead of Dwyer.

My respects to you for saddling up and taking a stab at a 2 round mock.

There are many things I see in this mock that don't make alot of sense for teams, but none more glaring than the Vikings taking a RB in the 1st round.

Do you happen to know which team the best running back in the league plays for? AP isn't exactly long in the tooth either.

Is it me or am I trippin out and only seeing 2 second round picks instead of 3 in the 2nd round? :confused:

it's not what we all want the pats to draft. i just had all the top OLB's gone by the time the pats pick in the 2th round.

If we are lucky enough that Sergio Kindle is on the board at 22 and DON'T take him, BB will hear my wrath. He is the physical prototype of the Willy McGinest OL/DE pass rusher.

I'll have what he's smoking. Sergio Kindle? Physical? He played at 235 lbs. He'll get mauled by tackles in this league. He looks like a 4-3 OLB to me.

it's not what we all want the pats to draft. i just had all the top OLB's gone by the time the pats pick in the 2th round.

I just can't see Kindle, Hughes, Sapp, Worilds, and Misi gone by pick 43.

Is it me or am I trippin out and only seeing 2 second round picks instead of 3 in the 2nd round? :confused:

Pick number 47 he went with the player name instead of Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back