PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why didn't we draft Everette Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a forum, not a debating society.

Stupid arguments aren't any less stupid just because it's an internet forum. Probably the reverse.

What you call trolling, RayClay was responding to: According to BB's own description of what he's looking for at OLB, LT wouldn't fit the bill. I actually think it's a valid point, even if I made it.

Read the thread. 1) He was cracking a joke, not making a point. 2) Height is obviously not the only criteria, and has been overlooked with players like AD. So it's really not a good argument. But based on BB's own comments when drafting players, at least this year, you look to get closer to physical ideals.

Dude, how about passing on Rey Maualuga, not once, but twice.........How would he have looked playing next to #51 ?

Not very good. Because he isn't very good. Go ahead and bring it up on 5 or 10 more threads though, then maybe everyone will change their minds.

Hey idiot. The Decade turned over in 2000. The Patriots have won 3 of 9 SBs. The Steelers had one SB handed to them. And if you think otherwise you didn't even watch it. The other one, they earned. But they also play a different defense. They play a ONE GAP. That allows them to have their LBers be one trick ponies...

What I was getting at in saying "the Decade turned over" was moving into the second half of the decade. Oh lets discredit the steelers first championship this decade because they got the benifit of a few bad calls. McGinest who was picked 4th overall was the "perfect OLB" as is Ware, and Merriman and Suggs. All were top 15 picks, do you think the Pats will be picking in the top 15 anytime soon? The Steelers One Gap has won them 2 championships over the past 5 years. The Pats have one how many with the super exclusive two gap in the same span? Oh and dont give me that "one trick pony" BS because I seem to remeber Harrison dropping back into coverage and getting a pick six in the SB.This is why nobody likes you because you come in here starting sh*t with people. Yeah Ill be the "internet toughguy" you can be the Real life D*ck Head!

As for when's the next time the Pats will have a top 15 pick... it'll be awfully soon if they feel that the talent at the top warrants the salary. Have you actually managed to already forget that they picked 10th in 2007, or did you never figure that out in the first place?

From the point you're trying to make, you'd almost think that the Pats didn't pick a linebacker #10 overall last year

Last edited:
As for when's the next time the Pats will have a top 15 pick... it'll be awfully soon if they feel that the talent at the top warrants the salary. Have you actually managed to already forget that they picked 10th in 2007, or did you never figure that out in the first place?

From the point you're trying to make, you'd almost think that the Pats didn't pick a linebacker #10 overall last year

lmao - he's the gift that keeps on giving. Never leave us, tc. Never leave.

Did I ask you...No I asked the other Wad, maybe your reading comp needs help. Have you actually managed to already forget that at this point in time we only have our first round pick for next year? Oh and does your boyfriend follow you to every thread?LMAO

Did I ask you...No I asked the other Wad, maybe your reading comp needs help. Have you actually managed to already forget that at this point in time we only have our first round pick for next year? Oh and does your boyfriend follow you to every thread?LMAO

The thing about drafts is that you can trade up and/or down in them, depending on who you want and what you're willing to give up to get them. Crazy concept, I realize, but it does happen. I'm a little surprised that such an intelligent and perceptive Pats fan as yourself failed to notice that.

ITP kid with no argument makes gay crack. Kiss kss, tc. Does it hurt every time a better poster bends you over, or are you used to it?

hahaha I just realized that this kid's from Jersey. It makes sense now.

Yes I realize you can trade up or down in drafts but In a draft where we had plenty of ammo to trade up but we decided to trade down. We had holes at OLB and ILB. Can you tell me why we decided to trade down? Its because BB likes to have picks in the twenties because they are value picks. It would be great if every 6'4 and up 250lbs and up LB would last to the twenties but they usually don't. That is why me and the others think that we are up a creek without a paddle by looking for the perfect LB while picking in the twenties.

ITP kid with no argument makes gay crack. Kiss kss, tc. Does it hurt every time a better poster bends you over, or are you used to it?

Hahaha so posting is a skill now? You really need to get a life. Go ride your bike or something. You just admitted that your a 165lb cyclist, who's the Internet tough guy now? It must suck to be a 165lb grown man doesn't it?

Hahaha so posting is a skill now? You really need to get a life. Go ride your bike or something. You just admitted that your a 165lb cyclist, who's the Internet tough guy now? It must suck to be a 165lb grown man doesn't it?

Wait, I thought I was supposed to be fat, now I'm not fat enough? Jeez, tc, you really have got to keep your insults straight.

Just to make a correction, it was 2008. But you seemed to correct yourself at the end of the post.

Yes I realize you can trade up or down in drafts but In a draft where we had plenty of ammo to trade up but we decided to trade down. We had holes at OLB and ILB. Can you tell me why we decided to trade down? Its because BB likes to have picks in the twenties because they are value picks. It would be great if every 6'4 and up 250lbs and up LB would last to the twenties but they usually don't. That is why me and the others think that we are up a creek without a paddle by looking for the perfect LB while picking in the twenties.

Clearly, Belichick decided that the talent wasn't there at the top of the draft to warrant the price tag. Yes, Belichick prefers to have picks in the 20s, because the value's there, but if he saw the value in the top 15 because there were particularly good players available then, he would trade up to there. The Patriots are capable of and willing to trade forward (timewise) and trade up to get early first-round picks at their disposal. When the talent justifies picking in the top 10, they pick in the top 10.

Wait, I thought I was supposed to be fat, now I'm not fat enough? Jeez, tc, you really have got to keep your insults straight.

You better watch out, now he knows he can snap you like a twig like they taught him how to do at the WOLFSLAIR.

Clearly, Belichick decided that the talent wasn't there at the top of the draft to warrant the price tag. Yes, Belichick prefers to have picks in the 20s, because the value's there, but if he saw the value in the top 15 because there were particularly good players available then, he would trade up to there. The Patriots are capable of and willing to trade forward (timewise) and trade up to get early first-round picks at their disposal. When the talent justifies picking in the top 10, they pick in the top 10.

Like he did with DeMarcus Ware?!? or Merriman? I think the talent justified picking in the top 10 that year and neither one of them went in the top 10.

Like he did with DeMarcus Ware?!? or Merriman? I think the talent justified picking in the top 10 that year and neither one of them went in the top 10.

Okay, so you've totally nailed down the first part of the equation. That's progress. Next comes the second part: what would the Pats have to have given up to get to #11 (where was Ware picked) from #32 (where they picked Mankins)? When you add in everything that it would have taken to get him, would that have been a good decision at the time?

Hindsight makes things easy. It's the same reason why everyone can say that every single team in the league is mentally deficient in the scouting department because Brady didn't go until the 6th round.

I see that you guys have all gone out and staked your claim that Everette Brown is going to be the man. We'll see if that ends up being the case.

Okay, so you've totally nailed down the first part of the equation. That's progress. Next comes the second part: what would the Pats have to have given up to get to #11 (where was Ware picked) from #32 (where they picked Mankins)? When you add in everything that it would have taken to get him, would that have been a good decision at the time?

Hindsight makes things easy. It's the same reason why everyone can say that every single team in the league is mentally deficient in the scouting department because Brady didn't go until the 6th round.

I see that you guys have all gone out and staked your claim that Everette Brown is going to be the man. We'll see if that ends up being the case.

Whos to say that this wont happen next time another "ware" comes around? Is it ever a good Idea to trade up towards the top ten? We are talking about the most dominant defense player in the NFL IMO. BB cant see into the future so why would he trade up for the next possible great OLB? Will it be a good decision in the future if it wasnt back then?

I see that Ware is getting overrated on yet another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back