PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did LT give an attitude? (Calls out BB : Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why did LT give an attitude?

He is a POs Scum Bag. Classy is as classy does. You don't need to remind people you are classy just before you c r a p on the floor. Class is how you react in adversity, not just how you behave when things are going your way.

Lets not forget the disrespect the chargers had for the Pats, last time they were in Foxboro as well as all week.

And if you live by the mock (Lights out dance) then you have to be prepared to die by the mock. After all if its fair for 'roid boy, then its fair for others.

And shame on people who think TB would do the same. He might feel the same, and he might even say things in private, but he would not say it in public. Remember his PC in Denver after the playoff loss. He said 3 or 4 words and left. People complained, but he obviously knew he was not in control of his emotions, and he took control. LT let his emotions become an excuse to behave like a scumbag.

100% agreement. I couldn't say it better so :ditto:

The more games the Pats win, the more hearts they break, the more dreams they squash.......the more enemies they will make. To be completely honest.......who care who LT, Eric Allen, or anyone at ESPN thinks.

So they step on some toes.

They can not take away the fact that the Patriots are going to be the top dynasty of all time when Belichick and Brady are done.

The ChargHers are just upset because several of them had ponied up for a special stage already being constructed for their celebratory sendoff to Miami and now it's firewood. Also according to Ch. 7's Dave Amorosino the Pats DB's were being tauted from the Chargers sidelines all game long, so once again turnabout is a biatch.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/players/01/25/pile0131/

"IKE REESE, Eagles Linebacker

"When we played the Patriots last year [Eagles running back] Brian Westbrook fumbled a punt, and we were all down there scrambling for it. [Patriots linebacker] Mike Vrabel had my testicles in his hand, and he was squeezing them."

Is that classy?

Or is it just football?

Why are you so earnestly trying to defend your point of view? You have your opinion, and some of us have ours. In any sporting contest, I would never rub it into the face of an opponent, and if one did to me I am not going to call him classless and start making excuses, etc. In sporting contests that you have been a part of, taunt if that makes you feel better. But move on, you are never going to convince me that taunting is an acceptable part of sports like I will never be able to convince you that it is an unacceptable part of sports. Live in the now, we play the Colts in less than a week, look forward to that.

The same Red Sox who had Pedro toss an old man to the ground ...".

Yo! Wish Red Sox had that kind of power over Pedro and Pedro had that kind of a power to toss even an old man to the ground. :) Pedro just sidestepped with his hand in the front not knowing what to do against that charging poor and mad old man; that old man fell losing his balance thanks to his unchecked momentum but yes, with a little bit of assistance from Pedro. Felt bad seeing him fall though.

I think it was because he didn't like the celebration. I have the highest respect for him and think he is a class act, but it made him look like a sore loser.

I was at theh game. Hobbs ran to the middle of the field and kept doing the Lights Out Dance. While I like Hobbs, it wasn't called for I'm surprised more players didnt' react.

I was at theh game. Hobbs ran to the middle of the field and kept doing the Lights Out Dance. While I like Hobbs, it wasn't called for I'm surprised more players didnt' react.

Based on the footage on NFL Live, LT attempted to go after Hobbs after the game but a few players managed to come in-between.

Glad to see you were at the game. How were you treated after it was over? Hopefully nothing too bad other than a few boos.

Thanks for the info. It's unfortunate that no one caught this on film, or maybe that's a good thing. I'm disappointed that he was doing it over and over and can understand why LT went after him. But the fact that LT called out the entire team is uncalled for. I hope Hobbs zips up his man suit and apologizes for acting like a tit.

LT is a class act, no doubt, but comeon, saying a team has no class? this is the same team that got several personal fouls for unsportsman like conduct. Patriots had every right to make fun of Merrimans stupid dance. Thats what they get for not selling tickets to fans outside of SoCal.

Here are some Hobbs' comments from nbcsports (http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/843510/detail.html)

"You've got to understand the situation we were in. We were hearing it all week. These guys were setting up for parades. They got scouts scouting the NFC already. They were ready for the Super Bowl already and that was a disrespect toward us -- just basically counting us out of the game.

"Everything was against us. Like I said, I didn't mean any disrespect toward the organization. But everything was just out of emotion ...

"When you're playing a game like that, you put your whole heart and soul into it. 'You try to win. You're just mentally and physically the toughest team out there that day."

They were setting up for parades? They had scouts for the NFC? Wonder who told him that! :D Belichick really does know how to fire this team up on the disrespect thing.

All season you couldn't turn on ESPN without hearing how classy LT is and now this? Maybe he is a nice guy I dont know him personally, but I don't want to hear about how classy he is ever again. Actions speak louder than words. I don't care what Hobbs did, this is about LT.

Re: LT Pissed

Yeah I just saw the interview with LT. He was really upset. I guess he just found out that not all players are as classy as he is.

He basically said he felt disrespected that they were being mocked by the Pats player doing Merriman's sack dance in the middle of their field after the win and that he would never do anything like that to an opponent.

Yes, taking Colvin down by his face mask was REAL CLASSY. The only reason he didn't cost his team 15 yards was because he's the MVP.

If you don't believe me, watch the film. :mad:

Thanks for the info. It's unfortunate that no one caught this on film, or maybe that's a good thing. I'm disappointed that he was doing it over and over and can understand why LT went after him. But the fact that LT called out the entire team is uncalled for. I hope Hobbs zips up his man suit and apologizes for acting like a tit.
Apologize :confused:

Not me. I'm ecstatic he did it. The only thing better would have been seeing him do the dance and then motioning over to the Bolts sideline edging them on. Well, actually what would have been better is if one of the bigger Pats bodies had done the mock dance at mid field and then motioned on over to the Bolts sideline encouraging them to come stop him from doing so like we sued to do in hockey all the time :D

Now that would have been something to see. But I'll settle for the puny Hobbs doing what he did just fine thank-you.

Re: And now, Allen (ESPN) says LT is very right

LT is not a sore loser. After the game he said "The better team won". That's a direct quote.

He was commenting on behavior that he felt was uncalled for, especially after the game like we just saw. I think any classy person's natural instinct after a war and a battle like that is to celebrate and be happy and then tip your hat to the other guys you just beat, not mock them, because they gave you a hell of a battle. However, you are also going to have a few classless people on any football team, Chargers and Pats included. That's where the head coach should step in and get his guys in line. I expect Bill will have a little talk with the offending player after this is over.

Do you think Marty "will have a little talk" with Mr. Tomoinson on how to conduct one's self in public after defeat?

Oh, wait - Marty may not have a job tomorrow!

Re: WOW LT calls out BB

LT is a classy guy, Do not disrespect him. He said after the game "we lost to the better team". That's a direct quote.

Hey, not to be a jerk, but I know he's classy, because he said it on national TV.

I have great respect for The Dainian's accomplishments on the field, but I think slightly less of him now as a person. He's defending a known cheater.

LT lose with a little more class, and Eric Allen, I never thought I say this, Deion Sanders had more knowledge than you ever will have..

Re: Why did LT give an attitude?

...LT is not a scumbag..hes 1 of the classiest guys in NFL. Hes saying right now they lost to a better team. does that sound like a scum? When did u hear him say anything stupid/negative?
Watch NFL Network or ESPN or any sports newscast. Some Patriots were doing Merrimans dance and LT said that BB was classless because the disrespect came from him. That's negative and stupid.

He is uspset because when we celebrated on his field we disrespected his team. Nothing about Merriman's yapping last week disresecting our team. He is upset, and if he apologizes tomorrow I'll be fine with it, but what he said was certainly negative/stupid.

LT is one of my fav players whos not on the patriots, but to say that looks bad. prob out of frustration for the tough loss, but still not good

I will ask again.....why is it ok for them to dance and celebrate when they make plays but not for us when we win? I know LT does not do it, but other players were, and one cost his team 3 points because of that STUPID headbutt after the brady fumble

Wonder what Bill will have to say if they ask him about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back