PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's going to make the first monkey wrench pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lot11vet

Rookie
Reaction score
You all know it's coming. Some team between 4 and 10 is going to throw out the proverbial "Monkey Wrench" and pick a guy way higher than projected. Mel Kiper will get all over them and say they're ******ed or whatever. So who's it going to be? Chime in on it. I say it's Mangini and Jerks with Omar Jacobs. I also think there will be a run on a possition and push down some nice players to the pats. It happens almost every year. I think it might happen again with the DB's.

Detroit Lions...they take a CB that they have some secret on...then the Eagles go CB instead of Linebacker and 2 players unexpected fall to the Patriots which allows belichick to trade down and pick up an extra 3rd.

I have Detroit Buffalo taking Bunkley and Detroit taking Cromartie.

Detroit.... gotta be Detroit. They're freakin crazy.... If they take another WR I'll go screaming into the SW Florida swampland but I'll be happy!:rocker:

I see Cleveland at 12 being the hinge that the rest of the first round sits on.

Oakland. They will grab Justice and send everyone into fits.

I think the Cardinals might take Ernie Sims over Jay Cutler.

bakes781 said:
I think the Cardinals might take Ernie Sims over Jay Cutler.

Dennis Green doesn't do rookie quarterbacks, especially not first rounders. Brod Bunkley or Winston Justice make sense, assuming Vernon Davis is gone.

dryheat44 said:
Dennis Green doesn't do rookie quarterbacks, especially not first rounders.
Didn't he draft Culpepper in Minnesota ?

BelichickFan said:
Didn't he draft Culpepper in Minnesota ?

True enough. And Randy Moss. Two guys that were falling way too far. If the Cardinals were drafting at 17 and Young were still on the board, then I could see it.

Green's the king of the retread QB. Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, Jeff Blake, Kurt Warner, Gus Frerotte, etc.

dryheat44 said:
I see Cleveland at 12 being the hinge that the rest of the first round sits on.

I don't know. I think that they'll take the best available Fla St. DL. Bunkley, or Wimbley. Reports say they have scouted the hell out of them.

As for monkey wrench, SF takes Huff. That allows them to get a possible value pick on a sliding RB, wr, or LB w/ 22

Last edited:
SamBamsFan said:
I don't know. I think that they'll take the best available Fla St. DL. Bunkley, or Wimbley. Reports say they have scouted the hell out of them.

Or Lawson. But you made my point. Whichever way they go is going to change the rest of the first round, with trades and what have you. I think the first 11 are set, although the order is up for grabs.

SamBamsFan said:
True but that assumes Ngata is gone. He could be there and I'm guessing the Browns take him if available.

BelichickFan said:
True but that assumes Ngata is gone. He could be there and I'm guessing the Browns take him if available.

I agree w/ you.

hahah.. I came in here to say Detriot and apparently I'm not alone.. I would be more shocked if they picked a defensive player that makes sense then them taking a QB or WR.. I expect them to take an offensive player..

My monkey wrench pick is ...... SF takes Ngata.

New Orleans, unable to trade, takes the player they wanted in the 1st place... A J Hawk.

Last edited:
Antonio Cromartie goes to St. Louis, about 8 picks too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes