PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would you most want the Pats to trade for?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who would you like most

• Chad Johnson

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Jason Taylor

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Ed Reed

Votes: 37 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say Taylor, because it gives the Pats one of the best pass rusers in the nfl, and takes him away from a divison rival
I would like to see the Patriots trade Tom Brady for Sean Salsbury, Kevin Faulk for "The Refridgerator", Randy Moss for Reche Caldwell, and your entire offensive line for the Houston Texans' offensive line circa 2003. Then, MAYBE, my Chargers will find a way to beat your Patriots! DAM!:)

pao

Not necessarily. Things and situations can change. New rookie HC in Baltimore, still no QB, and they are feeling the cap pinch. Probably won't happen this year, but next year Ozzie could perceive him as too costly for a rebuilding franchise...

Regardless of what the Ravens situation is, you still have the same issue.

In a trade, you need to give the TEAM market value, PLUS give the PLAYER market value.
That only works when your opinion of value, in both cases,is higher than the market dictates.
That happens with a fire sale on Corey Dillon, coming off a poor season and benching.
That happens when everyone else but you think that Randy Moss is washed up.
Both players had zero contract bargaining power.

To trade for Ed Reed, you would have to give comp equivalent to the value of a top 10 defensive player in the NFL, which is what Bmore would value him as AND pay him top 10 player in the NFL money.
You are paying TWICE for the same player, and double his value.

Alternatively, you could take every penny you would spend on him and spend it on FAs for no compensation, and use whatever picks you were going to trade on more players.

The only way trades really work, is when you get them for half price or less, in terms of what you trade away, and what you pay them. Then you aren't overpaying.
I don't think you will see a lot of trading going on with the Pats, unless it is for underated players, either due to not showing what they can do yet (rare that those kind of guys are traded) or because they are disgruntled.

fine, then lets make the trade for suggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore