PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will you be rooting for in the NFC Championship?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will you be rooting for in the NFC Championship?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole revenge game thing against the Giants is nice and well, but if we lose it´s going to sting a lot and I really don´t want to take a chance on the Giants again. Same as I didn´t like to see the Jets again last playoffs, too much emotions involved, that make a win sweet, but a loss unbearable for months, and in the 2007 case, forever.

So give me the 49ers, I´m neutral towards them and the buildup would be much more relaxed for me, too. Also I kind of came to appreciate them this season and we haven´t played them in a while so it would be a nice change.

The 49ers...they are a likable franchise and how can you hate a team that Joe Cool built. All class I live in the bay area and their fans are generally pretty good..(Raider fans on the other hand are ****s **** them). It wouldn't hurt me as bad if the 49ers beat us.

49ers...sick of the Giants.

Funny, a similar thread got locked on another site. Bad karma or some such nonsense.

I want the Niners.

I fully understand the REVENGE angle and would enjoy that outcome tremendously.

But I think the Pats would have an easier time with the Niners. And beating two Habaughs in one playoff run would be cool. But most of all, having to live through two weeks of Tyree, the SB 42 story and the whole Boston-NY thing would be cumbersome. I could do with more football and less story.

San Francisco. I was torn in the Green Bay/NY Giants game because I think the Giants may be a more difficult team for the Patriots to beat in the Super Bowl. I'm convinced that the Giants are a worse match-up for the Patriots than the 49ers.

I understand and don't disagree with the revenge factor. And I can think of other logical reasons to want to face the Giants rather than the 49ers.

But once the game begins I know that it will be just like Sunday's game against the Packers, and I'll be rooting for the 49ers.

The reason is really quite simple. First, as a New England sports fan there is simply no way that I can will myself to root for any team from New York (or New Jersey).

Secondly I just don't find it possible to root for a team that's victory over the Pats was the catalyst for so much ridiculous over the top smack talk from opposing fans in every corner of the country that remarkably still continues to this day, four years later.

49rs.

If the SB is Patriots-Giants, 99% of the pregame clips will be of a superbowl we lost. And almost none of 2001, 2003 or 2004. And much of the QB discussion will be Eli vs. Brady.

If the game is Patriots-49rs, there will some talk of the 2007 SB. But also lots of highlights from the three SBs we won. And much of the QB talk will be Brady vs. Montana.

49ers. If the Pats lose to Baltimore, I want to see SB46 = Harbowl. Plus, it will be fun seeing the locals get excited for the big game. Last time I was in NE for the local SB excitement was '85 and it was a fun atmosphere.

If the Pats advance to Indy, I am sooooooo looking forward the Superbowl party with my many friends who are 49ers fans, diehards and bandwagoners.

Regards,
Chris

Who do you want in 49ers - Giants game?

( I dont know how to set up a poll, someone might feel free to do so...)

My answer : 49ers

My logic :
- I would be very happy with a Giants rematch, however
- Eli is playing way to well right now, esp in the 4th Q
- 49ers have less playoff experience as a team
- I feel like BB can out scheme the 49ers, the Giants would just be a slug fest

Others?

-- FRITZ

Re: Who do you want in 49ers - Giants game?

49ers. Why? Cuz.

I'll admit...I want the Giants rematch. Some teams just have to be beaten to secure proper bragging rights. It will kill "18-1", and next year, when they go 19-0, it'll be gone forever.

I want the 49ers for one reason: I do not want to listen/watch to any re- visitation of SB 42.

On the other hand, beating the Giants would be pretty sweet.

Maybe I can work out a two week trip to Indonesia if the G-men win on Sunday. :D

Last edited:

If the Pats beat the Ravens I am a bit worried about both. Patrick Willis worries me from the standpoint that I think he may be the only LB in the league that could cover Gronk one on one. That would leave the rst of their D available to cover Hernandez and Welker. They have guys on the Dline that can be just as disruptive as the giants with Justin Smith and that kid Aldon. And the Giants, well we all know about them. The Giants have the better offense than the niners though...

In honor of our favorite draft trading partner
Al Davis said:
Just Win, Baby!

Giants

Theyre playing the best right now and to be the best you beat the best.

I'll admit...I want the Giants rematch. Some teams just have to be beaten to secure proper bragging rights. It will kill "18-1", and next year, when they go 19-0, it'll be gone forever.
SLOW DOWN, you sound like one of those 07' Pats fans, and we know how that turned out.

You are kidding yourself if you think the Pats are ever going 18-0 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST