PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will you be rooting for in the NFC Championship?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will you be rooting for in the NFC Championship?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Niners Country and both my bosses are season ticket holders. If it turns out to be an SF vs NE SB, I'll need to be looking for other employment. Gotta root for the Gints to beat SF to prevent any such catastrophe.

revenge

i am not afraid of the giants, bring them on

It's basically like this for me-
We beat the Ravens:)
We lose to the Ravens :(
We go to the Super Bowl:singing:
We face the 9ers and beat them :rocker:
We lose to the 9ers-:cry2:
We beat the Giants:rofl: :woohoo:
However-
If we lose.......
:bricks::violent::explative and many other emotions.
This isn't neccessarily saying who I want in the SB (which is San Fran) but I think it proves a point. No?

I guess I could go either way, but I'm leaning toward the Giants. I know we lost to the Giants earlier this season, but our offense was in a funk at the time and I believe our defense is better now than ever this season. I think our in-game and next-game adjustments show excellent coaching, and I believe we'd win the second time around. And then there's the revenge factor... on every team that ended our run since 2004:

2005 - Broncos (done)
2006 - Colts (didn't make the playoffs, had an embarrassing year)
2007 - Giants (the biggest open sore)
2008 - Bernard Pollard, now on the Ravens
2009 - Ravens (if we beat them this weekend, which I think we will)
2010 - Jets (beat them soundly twice, they didn't make the playoffs, implosion of epic proportions)

love your post and will quote it to save me time typing . . .

In an ideal world i would want to spank both the Gmen and Ravens in the same manner as we did with Denver on Sat., not just to win, but to avenge the above bolded items . . . it has been a long 6 years since the last SB, and spanking Den/Balt/Giants wouls go a long way to remove a lot of the pain in the last six years . .. to to this extent i want the giants to win . . .

however, first of foremost, I want to win another SB and easiet way possible and we can take care of revenge later . .. with that said I think we match up better against the 49ers, a team with not yet proven QB, and a team on Sat that had a +4 TO differential, which historicial means the team is 77-1, but yet it took a last second TD pass for them to put out a win . . . i want to play a team which is suppose to be 77-1 but merely edges out the game . . .

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm back! I was just released from the mental hospital where I was committed after we lost the 07 Super Bowl to the Giants. Man that was some intense treatment but I'm over it now. So catch me up--who might we face if we get to the Super Bowl this year?

Hey guys I'm back! I was just released from the mental hospital where I was committed after we lost the 07 Super Bowl to the Giants. Man that was some intense treatment but I'm over it now. So catch me up--who might we face if we get to the Super Bowl this year?

This was good. The one good thing about playing the Giants is I will not be confident at all in winning, which means I would not be completely devastated by a loss.

I honestly think the Pats match up better with the Giants. The 49ers D is WAY better..not even close. Plus Alex Smith look more than capable than putting up points.

People who want the Giants for "revenge" should be very careful what they wish for. My theory on these things is to root for the one that we match up better against and would find easier to beat. In this case if the Pats win I will root for the 9ers. If the Pats lose, I don't really care.

I'm rooting first and foremost for the Pats to beat Baltimore this week. I guess I'd like to see the Pats blemish the 49ers perfect 5-0 super bowl record. I'm sure that would make Steeler and Cowboy fans chuckle a little bit.

If the patriots lose I will be turning off the TV for 2 weeks.

If not, Niners.

If the patriots lose I will be turning off the TV for 2 weeks.

If not, Niners.

Basically..did the same thing in 2007. Only team I can "tolerate" losing to is prob the 49ers because they are young and an unknown.

If the Patriots win, I'm rooting for NYG. If the Patriots lose, I'm rooting for SF.

I am rooting for NYG just to beat the crap out of them but I think SF will win. Either way, we'll win the whole thing.

pc48p.jpg

8fd8n.jpg

Last edited:
I fear the 49ers after their offense went off on Saturday. There was no question their defense and special teams are tops in the league, so I think this match up is the toughest despite Alex Smith at the helm.

NY Giants are my opponent of choice in the SB... but the Pats have a tough game ahead of them before we should even have this conversation.

The Hicks Hail Mary catch (first one I've seen caught since Doug Flutie's way back in the way back) convinced me that Eli has sold his soul to the reigning Dark Lord of the Sith, who now twists the rules of nature (for example, momentarily turning the plastic of an NFL helmet into Velcro) to bring the younger Manning good fortune in big, highly televised games.

Hopefully, the ghost of Bill Walsh and the lingering specter of The Catch will be sufficiently strong to counteract the power of the Dark Side in San Francisco on Sunday.

"Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side." Yoda.

Last edited:
Gmen got a tall task ahead .. late game Sunday away, then travel to west coast ..

Don't really care. If we play Patriot football we will beat either one. Gut feeling says San Fran wins and the storyline all week is "Brady facing former favorite team trying to match childhood idol Montana for rings"..something like that..

Just beat the Ravens.

Nothing else matters until that happens.

But, to add to the thread, the Niners beat the Saints in the final seconds after the Saints turned the ball over five times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST