Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who will offer

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Digger44, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The Philadelphia Eagles may not be as interested in disgruntled New England Patriots WR Deion Branch as some media outlets are claiming. According to published reports, the Eagles do not consider Branch to be an elite receiver and seem unwilling to offer him more than the Patriots last reported bid, which was $18.75 million over three years. According to a report out of New England, there are rumblings that Branch will receive at least one significant offer prior to Friday's deadline to work out his own trade. Sources: Boston Herald and the Philadelphia Daily News.

http://www.fantasyindex.com/News_Heads.html

The rumor says that we will recieve at least 1 significant offer. Any idea who would make the offer?

Edit: added link
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Colorado Crush or Georgia Storm I believe.
  3. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The teams that come to mind are the Vikings and Niners.
  4. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

the other team i was pondering was the lions. williams/rogers maybe?
  5. bakes781

bakes781 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I would say Washington because we know how much Snyder loves to throw $ out the window. But with an already crowded receiving corps, that's an unlikely destination for Branch. Someone mentioned GB & I think that could make sense. Another might be the Vikings who lost Koren Robinson. I'm pretty sure KC & SD would be interested as well. I'm not familiar with every team's cap status though.
  6. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

I am hoping that Deion is traded to a team that we play this year. That way, when he does catch a pass against us, Rodney can be there to decapitate him.
  7. p8ryts

p8ryts Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Seahawks makes sense.
  8. Pat_Nasty

Pat_Nasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here's a (surprisingly good) list Peter King drew up for his MMQB column, which includes the potential interested party's remaining cap space:

The team that PK seems to think makes the most sense is Seattle, and I see his point -- this is a team that could be convinced that they are a #1 WR away from being a prohibitive favorite to rep the NFC in the SB. The only thing that makes them less likely, though, is that they already paid out $49 mil over 7 years to Burleson this season, which is a lot to pay a guy and then make him your #3 WR, assuming D-Jack can get healthy.
  9. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 19 / -2

Minny and the Hawks make sense to me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2005
  10. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Seattle makes no sense to me. I thought they were pretty well stacked at WR up there.
  11. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +217 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

Try to trade him to a team with a top 15 pick. I was going to point out the huge Burleson deal, too, but I got beaten to the punch.
  12. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

they are ok if jackson is healthy. he has both knees operated upon in the off season.
  13. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Branch will not get offers that are better than the Patriots. He will report to the team on 9/2.

Maybe they will reach an agreement for an extension shortly after that.
  14. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +217 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

They still have Burleson and Engram. Jackson, Branch, Burleson, and Engram would just be overkill.
  15. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

Why would San Diego (Who has Keenan McCardell, Eric Parker and Vincent Jackson) want Branch? Especially after they gave McCardell an extension last year.

KC is a definite possibility. I think the Texans, Lions, Packers, Vikings, 49ers and to a lesser extent, the Seahawks, Browns, Steelers, Eagles, Panthers, Buccaneers, Redskins, Falcons, Saints, Jaguars, Broncos, Cowboys, Bears, Dolphins, Jets, Ravens,Bills, Giants and Raiders are also possibilities. The teams that I don't think will be interested in Branch are the Titans, Rams, Bengals, Cardinals, Colts and Chargers.

Now, of those teams, I wouldn't mind seeing Mike Williams from the Lions, Marcus Robinson from the Vikings, Darrell Jackson from the Seahawks, Michel Jenkins from Atlanta, Keary Colbert from Carolina, Santana Moss from Washington, Dennis Northcutt from Cleveland, Robert Ferguson from Green Bay, Andre Johnson from Houston, Ernest Wilford or Reggie Williams from the Jaguars, Joe Horn from the Saints, Amani Toomer from the Giants, Reggie Brown from the Eagles, Kevin Curtis from St. Loui or Michael Clayton from the Bucs as part of some deal for Branch.
  16. thewaylifeshouldbe

thewaylifeshouldbe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with KC. I can't imagine Seattle pulling a trigger like that when they really don't need to.

I would be happy with Kennison and a 3rd. NOBODY is going to give out a 1st for Branch, if a deal does go down it will be a player and a pick.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  17. checkedout

checkedout Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Steelers FO is interested
  18. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +217 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

If we got Andre Johnson from the Texans for Deion Branch, I'd wet my pants. I think he's the best receiver in the league and would put up incredible numbers if he had a half decent QB throwing to him.

It wouldn't happen. Kennison and a 3rd is a possibility, though, and one I wouldn't be too unhappy with.
  19. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I don't think that Romeo would ever Trade a first round pick or pay Branch what he wants.
  20. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If Felger is hearing rumblings I would advise him not to stray too far from the nearest privvy. I wouldn't put too much stock in his "rumblings".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.