PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who scares you the most on the texans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As BB has said many times, championships are won by the team that makes a play when it has to make one. The rest is just a bunch of stats.

And, BTW, "lucky" is your word, not mine. Making a play is more about "making a play" than it is about luck, IMO.

I get your point but that D-line has proven to be one of the most effective in stopping the Pats O.

How many teams have a 3-0 streak going against the Pats and each time holding the Pats to 20 or less.

Our last two losses were just that, scored 30 but gave up 31 and 41 to BAL and SF. I stick with the offense regardless, I don't see how you can have more confidence in our weak defense.

Well that certainly wasn't your previous point, and those weren't the last two losses. The offense has struggled somewhat in recent playoffs so I'm not going to have blind faith in them because of the regular season.

I just hope talib is 100%...but don't think he will be

I get your point but that D-line has proven to be one of the most effective in stopping the Pats O.

How many teams have a 3-0 streak going against the Pats and each time holding the Pats to 20 or less.

All of that is true, but the fact remains that if Tyree and Manningham don't make those plays, the Pats win SB's XLII and XLVI.

Somehow, you've chosen to interpret that as a "dis" on the Giants or their D-line or whatever. It isn't a dis; in fact, it's quite the opposite. The ability to "Make Plays" is what separates the winners from the losers in Championship games. The team that makes the plays isn't "lucky," but deserves the win, as the Giants did in each case.

So, I'll stick by my original point (and Belichick's). When two very good and closely matched teams play for a Championship, the winner usually comes down to the team that "makes a play."

If, on the other hand, you are saying that the Pats and Giants, in both cited cases, weren't "two very good and closely matched teams," then I would strongly disagree with you.

Maybe Brady should come to the game wearing his letterman jacket from his HS days

Brady at 17 years old...

Tom_Brady_in_Letter_Jacket_95.jpg

Well that certainly wasn't your previous point, and those weren't the last two losses. The offense has struggled somewhat in recent playoffs so I'm not going to have blind faith in them because of the regular season.

How is it blind faith when we have had the best offense for years, 'arguably' the best QB in the league...possibly all time?

I admit I was wrong, I assumed the SEA loss was before that, but my point stands, if the faith in the offense is blind what is the faith in the defense? We haven't had a solid defense since 2006 (at best). When your offense can score 20-30 in a quarter you have to put your doubts in the defense, a defense that has struggled for half a decade now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes