PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is wearing Pats gear today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wore my pats shirt to support the ream to works today

It'll be months for me. Wearing gear invites conversation from people. Conversations I don't want to have right now.
Yeah, I'm with ya. Hell, I'm 30 minutes from the stadium, and I've put my stuff away for a while. I'm just afraid that wearing it will cause someone to say something to me that will result in a response I'll regret immediately. The only scenario in which I want to be rolling around on the ground with somebody is a sexual one.

I am. No matter how bad this team is or if they lose the next 3 sb's..i will always be a true fan unlike half the bandwaggoners out there i see posting here and on FB

GO PATS
This is the first time I've been able to come here or anywhere to look at any sports news after the game, but I wore my gear proudly on Monday morning d%#*!@t!! (although, truth be told I think I was still drunk...):rolleyes:

Been wearing my 2011 AFC champions hat. Still some great memories from that game and that's how I want to remember this season.

part of my regular wardrobe, but it has been in the hamper since sunday

I wore my hat to work, and the Jersey afterwards. I have been since the Super Bowl!

I've also sat and photographed it for still life! As you do... haha!

Alex Lister's Photography Blog!: NFL Still Life

I have the Replica Jersey, but plan on buying the original this year when I visit Florida!

A quick question, can you buy the Super Bowl Jersey the team wore anywhere? Shipping to the UK would be horrendous I bet!

Web2.jpg

Web3.jpg

Web4.jpg

Web5.jpg

Last edited:
I am at work but I have a patriots mouse pad and I also have a decal on my car that always stays on... I am a pat fan through and through- I always wear Pats gear throughout the year anyways so its not just during football season-- there are a ton of bandwagon pats fans on here; I agree

Do athletes who win a silver medal at the Olympics face humiliation when they come home because they didn't win the gold?

This whole "loser" image of the team losing in the super bowl is just stupid.

I have this line memorized as a retort with no delay whatsoever, since only a small minority of the idiots who say anything are Giants fans:

Better to be conference champions than to be less than conference champions.

I have to wear a Giants hat at work for the week (lost bet).

I wear Pats stuff to work all the time. Yesterday was jacket, today was cap and socks, tomorrow sweatshirt.

I can't stand when people say you are "bandwagon" for not wearing pats gear after a tough loss. Completely idiotic argument, as someone mentioned it before, it just invites conversations that I don't want to have. Has nothing to do with being a real fan, whatever that means anyway. Most people are just trying to be the #1 patriots fan or some garbage.

I can't stand when people say you are "bandwagon" for not wearing pats gear after a tough loss. Completely idiotic argument, as someone mentioned it before, it just invites conversations that I don't want to have. Has nothing to do with being a real fan, whatever that means anyway. Most people are just trying to be the #1 patriots fan or some garbage.

Yeah, I particularly don't blame people Who live in the New York area, who the heck needs that?

I still wear my Patriots gear when I feel like, especially the cap.

It sucks they lost, but I'm feeling better about it. The Pats actually lost the game more than the Giants won the game. So I'm not too embarrassed or ashamed to flaunt my fan-dom.

I posted this four years ago when we lost SB 42. I think it still applies today.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/77475-hats-off-patriots.html

It was supposed to be our guys celebrating in the confetti.

It was supposed to be our guys hoisting the coveted Vince Lombardi trophy at midfield.

It was supposed to be our guys having a parade in honor of a Super Bowl victory.

It was supposed to be us...

...but it didn't happen.

It's been five days now since the Patriots ripped my heart out, Raiders of the Lost Ark style, and flung it across the room to its gory demise. Like the rest of you, I've been a zombie, just trying to make sense of it all.

The loss was so catastrophic, so traumatic, it became nearly impossible not to dwell on it every waking second. I certainly didn't need any reminders from the media, so I avoided it as much as possible.

F*ck those motherf*ckers. They created this monster, after all. Made the Patriots into their darlings, only after they had already dismissed any possibility of defeating the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI. Then the following season came, and the media reminded all of us that our beloved team was a fluke. The innocence of being a Pats fan was gone from that moment forward. The chip was hammered into my shoulder, and into my soul.

Every year was something different.

"They're lucky!"

"They're boring!"

"They're classless!"

"They're cheating!"

"They're chokers!"

The chip on the shoulder, the resentment I have for those who resent us, got heavier and heavier. This season it became a lot to bear, with only the hope-- nay, the expectation-- of a 4th Lombardi to keep me up. When the Super Bowl concluded, and all of Giants country (and the sad, sorry Schadenfreude-driven Pats haters) lifted onto Cloud 9, the rest of us crumbled down to our knees, literally and figuratively speaking.

It was a cruel and unfair finish to what should have been a glorious and historic season. Instead it is historic for its infamy. This is what we must live with, for we have no other choice. Trust me, there is nothing more I would like than to mail Belichick and staff a video tape of SB 42 to February 2nd, 2008, in a manila envelope with "DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN" scribbled on it. So instead we must end that chapter and turn the page. If you must look back, then look back further.

---------------------------------------

In the days immediately following the Super Bowl, I didn't want to be reminded of the disaster. So I refused to wear any of my many Patriots hats, and opted to go with the Red Sox or Boston College or even the Celtics. I surely didn't want to upset other jaded Pats fans outside. Interestingly enough, it seemed that most everyone else had the same idea in mind. Patriots hats were replaced by Red Sox hats. Remnants of a Patriots poster flailed on an apartment window. Anything to get our minds off the Pats, d%#*!@t.

But now, I want you to do me a favor.

Before reading any further, go into your closet and pull out your Super Bowl champions hats.

...go on...

Got one?

All right.

Now look at them. Some of you may have just one hat, some of you may have all of them. All of that is besides the point. The point is I want you to look at your hat. It's worn in and probably long overdue for a good wash, right?

How did it feel when you first wore it? Great, I would imagine. If you were anything like me, you grinned from ear-to-ear when you looked in the mirror and saw "Super Bowl Champions" draped on your head. How could you not? You walked with a certain swagger. The sun shined a little brighter. As long as you had the opportunity to wear that hat, all was right with the world. It means your team is a champion.

Okay, so you may have three hats. Awesome, right? But the real awesomeness doesn't come from the fact that there are three altogether. Rather, it's that each individual hat represents a truly special time to be a fan of the Patriots. Each season precious in its own right. You indiscriminately love all of those championship seasons, much like a parent would indiscriminately love all his or her children. It's a privilege given not just to anybody, but to the passionate fan of a team that has triumphed in the biggest game of them all. I've grown very fond of my 2004 version; an ugly brown hat that looked like it belonged to a UPS truck driver. But it's really not ugly...it's beautiful.

We would've liked a chance to go over to Modell's and pick up a 4th hat to add to our collection; the more, the merrier, as they say. But who's to say a 4th won't come in due time? Contrary to what others may tell you, you don't have to be content with just the 3 SB titles. If you're not pulling for your team to win the championship every year, then you simply are not a fan.

This is Patriot Nation. Johnny-come-latelys need not inquire. We are truly blessed to have this organization to support; an organization that hasn't always achieved their goals, but has given us so much to cheer for and will continue to do so. Browns fans, Eagles fans, Bills fans, etc. ... they would kill to have a privilege of wearing a Super Bowl Champions hat of their own.

Today I wore my Patriots 2004 hat and I felt much better. I encourage all of you, when you feel you are ready, to wear your Super Bowl Champions hat, and be proud. Do so as a reminder to yourself and those around you that, hey, being a Patriots fan is not so bad. It's a great way of showing support for the team you love, and it will brighten the spirits of your fellow Pats fans.

We're all in this together through the bad times and the good. This is as good a time as any to remind every Pats fan that they are not alone.

I will say though that I agree we shouldn't judge those who choose not to wear their gear. Everybody copes differently and we should respect that.

I skipped wearing anything in to work Monday seeing as I lost 2 bets and wanted to avoid as much crap as possible. Realizing I didn't want to seem as a fair weather fan and show support, I grabbed my AFC Championship hat again Monday night and will continue to wear it for a while. We did better than 30 other teams, no shame there.

Greetings,
I am sure many people cannot wear their Pats gear due to their work dress code requirements as well. Even if they don't have them, not wearing Pats gear does not make them any less of a fan than others.

Celticboy04

Still wore my Pats coat to work on Monday. Got told by several people that I should burn it in a fire. I told them that would never ever happen. Wearing my Pats slippers right now as I type this. So yeah there you go.

I skipped wearing anything in to work Monday

Each of us has his own way of dealing with the loss, I guess, but I'm surprised you didn't get fired for that.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of Giants Country and I've worn Pats gear every day, sweatshirt, hoodie, and/or jacket every single day. I'm disappointed that we were 1 play away from winning this game, but I'm very proud of the team, as I always am. Don't give a s**t what anyone says, if I could be a fan when the team had a problem winning just a couple of games in a season, I can be a loyal fan when they are just one successfully executed play from winning championship number 4. The Pats were 15-4 this year, I think they overachieved.

I live in Albany NY havent taken my hoody off yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST