PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

who is not watching the afc title game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would fall into this pitfall if I was still on winter break, however back in school now means that I can occupy my self with something more important (compared to just watching another TV show). I've got a chapter of Organic Chem and Physics that needs my tender loving.

You're a far better student than I am. I'd still be watching the game and doing my homework in between commercial breaks.

You're a far better student than I am. I'd still be watching the game and doing my homework in between commercial breaks.

Oh, I wouldn't do **** if the Patriots were on. I just can't stomach watching the Jets, so it will make it easy to do school work. That and a lot of the work I've been doing in these classes doesn't lend it's self to doing with breaks involved. It's much easier when you just sit down and work for a few hours.

Last edited:
Oh, I wouldn't do **** if the Patriots were on. I just can't stomach watching the Jets, so it will make it easy to do school work.

I can stomach watching the Jets. I just root against them as hard as I can because I hate them so much. That's why I'll watch. That's why most of the people in this thread will watch this game at one point or another. :D

I agree with the thread starter, I love the sport and it might look otherwise but I can not watch teams I dislike play for OUR conference. It is cool when we have a chance to knock them off but when we have no chance it is almost worthless to me. I will watch the SB hopefully with the Bears but that is it for me.

So basically... most of you are just going to quit watching football altogether when the Pats aren't contending for the playoffs anymore?

It is one thing if they miss out like 08 and 02 and another if they dare I say choke and we have to watch teams we lost to contend. Similar to 06 I just can't help but be pissed at the missed opportunity, I always watch the SB though.

So basically... most of you are just going to quit watching football altogether when the Pats aren't contending for the playoffs anymore?

No i would watch , if the ravens would have beaten us... but the jets who are not in the same leauge i just cant watch.. i prob will watch the sb no matter who wins, i just find watching the afc title game hard espcially after what we have in place...

Incorrect. I'm going to watch the Bears Packers game, just not the Jets/Steelers.

No i would watch , if the ravens would have beaten us... but the jets who are not in the same leauge i just cant watch.. i prob will watch the sb no matter who wins, i just find watching the afc title game hard espcially after what we have in place...

I think this will be a really interesting game, and other than the fact I can't stand Roethlesburger and Hines Ward, I have nothing against the Steelers. I will enjoy it if they kick the crap out of the Jets in epic fashion. Hoping it's not a defensive slopfest like so many of their games are.

That being said, I will only enjoy this knowing that the Packers will turn around and beat the Steelers in the SB. The possibility of the Steelers getting another lombardi, and especially Big Ben getting a 3rd ring makes me ill, but only because the Pats have now squandered so many chances to get Brady his fourth and put another Lombardi in the case in Foxboro.

Packers vs. Steelers would be a really good SB match up IMO.

I think I have more interest in the LOLbowl (Probowl) than the AFCCG. I gotta see how McCourty does :rolleyes:

I'm excited for the wireless mic BB is going to be wearing! He could let loose at any time!

No, not at all. I had no problem watching last year, or in 05, 06, or 08. I actually enjoyed the playoffs in 08 the most, since we weren't playing I was fully able to focus on the football being played, without worrying about who would the Pats match up against ect ect. I also actually wanted the Jets to get to the SB last year, just because I thought it would have been fair seeing as to how the Colts laying down allowed the Jets into the playoffs in the first place.

It just doesn't sit right with me. They were rewarded for non stop sh!t talking and threatening the career of a player. The media portrayed it as an equal back and forth, when not a peep was heard from Foxboro until Thursday afternoon at some time. The whole "sideline wall" BS coming out Sunday afternoon after the Jets were pretty much given a slap on the wrist a few weeks earlier. Everything about that game just felt wrong.

The Pats losing that game was Anti Karma. It was the opposite of justice. It was evil prevailing over good.

And this game...I have to choose between a guy accused of rape twice or a guy accused of rape once. :bricks: God I hope the NFC wins the Super Bowl.

I watched every other year except the Colts SB year. My wife and I went out on a date, and had the town to ourselves pretty much. Great evening, and I didn't have to watch Forehead get his ring handed to him.

If the Jest lose tomorrow, I might tune in for the SB. The way this season ended has left a bitter taste similar to the 06 AFCCG. Can't explain it.

This thread is embarrassing isn't it?

Like my team is not in it ...
cry-blow.gif

I cannot bear to watch the Jet's ...
depressed.gif

Epic fail ... really epic fail.

This thread is embarrassing isn't it?

Like my team is not in it ...
cry-blow.gif

I cannot bear to watch the Jet's ...
depressed.gif

Epic fail ... really epic fail.

It's a total embarassment. What a joke....boo freakin' hoo...I can't bear to watch.

Nancy Pants, the whole lot of ya.

I'll check in from time to time to check the score, but won't be actively watching it. Hoping the Steelers win though for sure.

I'm gonna watch it. The Jets MUST lose this Sunday!! I don't want them anywhere near the Superbowl. This is as close as they get. It ends Sunday!

I know I said nope earlier, but, I might check it to see whats going on. I just really hate both of those teams. I too have tried to avoid NFLN and espn since Sunday. I just put it on the NHL network, NBA, and MLB.

Honestly, I seldom go out of my way to watch the other games during the playoffs or during the regular season for that matter. However, I tried to watch the other games during the playoffs this season for some reason but none of them could keep my interest. Overall, the Baltimore at Pittsburgh game was the only game that managed to sustain my interest the longest.

I'm tempted to watch the Jets at Pittsburgh game, but I more than likely won't bother. So, I'll simply check online periodically to view the scores for both games instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News