PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

who is not watching the afc title game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think im not going to watch it, just cant stand both teams... i love football , but that is too painful to watch, have not watched espn, or nfl network all week long.. anybody else

Haven't watched, read, or listened to anything related to American sports besides the Celtics and Bruins. I won't watch the conference games or the super bowl. I just can't take it. Thankfully, my sports jones is quenched by european football - soccer for some. I doubt i'll involve myself in anything related to the Patriots until a few weeks before the draft...I'm still in a f#cking state of shock, and it's made worse because these last three playoff losses have been quite unexpected...

I would fall into this pitfall if I was still on winter break, however back in school now means that I can occupy my self with something more important (compared to just watching another TV show). I've got a chapter of Organic Chem and Physics that needs my tender loving.

O. Chem sucks. Never used it since.

Dont be a sad sack.... Watch the flippin game. Football fans, not cheerleaders. Find something to root for or root against (JETS and Jabba the Hut) and watch a part of the game you don't normally get to focus on. Like the line play for a whole series. A CB or WR or whomever. This is a great chance to watch something other than the ball. So enjoy. Oh, and let's pray the JETS get rolled. CANT WAIT, CANT WAIT!

Best part about this game is Wiz Khalifa performing and then either the Jets / Steelers losing.

Last edited:
......It just doesn't sit right with me. They were rewarded for non stop sh!t talking and threatening the career of a player. The media portrayed it as an equal back and forth, when not a peep was heard from Foxboro until Thursday afternoon at some time. The whole "sideline wall" BS coming out Sunday afternoon after the Jets were pretty much given a slap on the wrist a few weeks earlier. Everything about that game just felt wrong.

The Pats losing that game was Anti Karma. It was the opposite of justice. It was evil prevailing over good. ......

It was the Patriots who allowed themselves to be punked by trash talkers on their home field.
It was the Patriots who defeated themselves.
Yes the Jets played a flawless game but the Patriots helped them out a great deal by not exploiting the things they could have exploited, i.e. the running game, 6'6" Gronk, going hurry up O, etc.
It was the Patriots coaching staff who laid an egg, i.e the miscommunication on the fake punt, NEVER making O adjustments etc.

The Jets weren't "rewarded". That's bullsh&^!!!
"Anti Karma"??? Come on! :rolleyes:
The Patriots died of self inflicted wounds.
They weren't tough enough to be champions and showed that to all last Sunday. Don't blame the Jets or Karma for that.
The Patriots got what they deserved last Sunday.
Be mad at them not their opponents.

D@mn straight I'm watching the game.
Here's hoping Bart Scott gets carted off in pieces.

Best part about this game is Wiz Khalifa performing and then either the Jets / Steelers losing.

He's performing "Black and Yellow" before the game or at halftime? Either way, it's going to be absolutely terrible. If you haven't seen him live yet then take my advice... don't.

I actually don't know what time the games are today and who's the late/early game. I'm guessing 1 and 4:30 or something like that. i recall they aren't the traditional times, though...do not care, will not watch. Football is f#cking dead to me...D-E-A-D to me...
I've said before, that Sunday in February 2008 was The Day the Music Died for me as far as the Patriots are concerned. I vowed I'd never get sucked back in, to live and die with the team, to become obsessed with them, to be proud as hell when they won and down in the dumps when they lost.
08 wasn't too bad because I didn't place much expectations on the team because Brady got hurt so early. In fact, it was a nice ride - they had some nice wins along the way.
09 the team wasn't that great, but managed to win the division. The team didn't make a ton of plays on defense, didn't really turn the ball over, and opposing offenses moved the ball at will. I thought they'd lose in the divisional round, but would win the wild card convincingly because Tom Brady simply does not lose at home in the playoffs - right? F#cking wrong. Team was embarrassed, played like sh#t, and were outlcassed by a bunch of trash talking thugs while my team, the three time champs just sat idly by while the opponent did what they want, when they want, and said whatever they wanted and paid no consequences. Pats were a heartless, gutless team.
'10 - very low expectations, then they start playing well, even great. Defense is making plays left and right, holding teams to field goals, and they play some of their best football down the stretch. 14-2, best record in football.
NYJ seem to be an easy opponent, but they're brash, loud, blustery - much like Baltimore the year before and they walk into Foxboro and embarrass the meek, listless, Patriots. It was a joke.
The head coach, the quarterback, offensive/defensive line, all ALLOWED THEMSELVES TO BE BULLIED AND PUSHED AROUND verbally and physically the last two seasons. It's a joke.
Maybe this team needs a personality transplant....much like the cowardly lion in the wizard of oz, "If they only had the nerve"...

Yeah, it’s sad, believe me missy,
When your quarterback's a sissy,
Without the vim and verve.
He won't stand up to nothin',
He's a mouse not a lion,
If he only had the nerve

I’m afraid there’s no denyin’
The Pats are dandelions
A team we don’t deserve.

This is like your ex getting married to someone else after a really bad break-up -- and you getting invited to the wedding. :eek:

Honestly, I seldom go out of my way to watch the other games during the playoffs or during the regular season for that matter. However, I tried to watch the other games during the playoffs this season for some reason but none of them could keep my interest. Overall, the Baltimore at Pittsburgh game was the only game that managed to sustain my interest the longest.

I'm tempted to watch the Jets at Pittsburgh game, but I more than likely won't bother. So, I'll simply check online periodically to view the scores for both games instead.

You sound like a huge football fan. Tell me, do you wear your pink Pats hat during the games or does your wife make you keep off all hats while you are in the house?

I wasn't going to watch but then I came up with a brilliant, yes brilliant, idea. Were just getting started remodeling our bathroom so I'll have the game on whilst I demolish the entire room.

Jets score a field goal?= No problem *fist through sheetrock*

Jets score touchdown?=Again, no problem *tear complete wall down*

Jets win?= demolition to be completed in record time

Go Packers

I think one of the harder post-seasons for me to watch was 2008.

Patriots ended with a perfect 4-0 December and had completely annihilated the eventual NFC Champion Cardinals just two weeks before the season ended.

Alas, the 11-5 Patriots were left at home while the 8-8 Chargers, 9-7 Cardinals, 9-6-1 "I didn't know it could end in a tie" Eagles and 10-6 Vikings all advanced. Not saying that I want the system changed or anything, but it just left a really empty feeling.

I think one of the harder post-seasons for me to watch was 2008.

Patriots ended with a perfect 4-0 December and had completely annihilated the eventual NFC Champion Cardinals just two weeks before the season ended.

Alas, the 11-5 Patriots were left at home while the 8-8 Chargers, 9-7 Cardinals, 9-6-1 "I didn't know it could end in a tie" Eagles and 10-6 Vikings all advanced. Not saying that I want the system changed or anything, but it just left a really empty feeling.

This. And let's not forget how it ended--with us watching helplessly while the Mangini-coached, Favre-led Jests lay down vs. Miami in true bozo-esque fashion (once they learned they had nothing to play for--except to knock US out of the playoffs by losing!! ).

Almost a worse end to the season than 2007, as we had a lot of momentum going had we made it in. :bricks:

Last edited:
I wasn't going to watch but then I came up with a brilliant, yes brilliant, idea. Were just getting started remodeling our bathroom so I'll have the game on whilst I demolish the entire room.

Jets score a field goal?= No problem *fist through sheetrock*

Jets score touchdown?=Again, no problem *tear complete wall down*

Jets win?= demolition to be completed in record time

For once, as of the time of this posting, slow progress in a home-improvement job is actually a good thing. :rocker:

You sound like a huge football fan. Tell me, do you wear your pink Pats hat during the games or does your wife make you keep off all hats while you are in the house?

And you definitely sound like a presumptuous narrow-minded hick. Jethro called... He wants his ignorance back.

I am very happy to say that I did not see 1 second of the AFC game. The first Sunday in a long time (minus the bye weeks and the Sunday night and Monday night games) where I was able to spend tonnes of time with the family. It stinks that I have 6 months to wait till training camp but with free agency and the draft it should be interesting to see how we get stronger. I'm not looking forward to hearing or reading how the Jets will be AFC East champs, blah, blah over these 6 months. I will also not be watching the Super Bowl either (but will root for the Packers). Once the Patriots football season is over - so is mine until the CFL starts up in June here north of the border.

How many people that said they wouldn't watch it ended up watching it?

Be honest ;)

How many people that said they wouldn't watch it ended up watching it?

Be honest ;)

didnt watch it one second of it, was kept updated on here.. then i broke and watch the last five min... but turned it off still cant watch press confrences , or lamar hunt trophy presentations...

I had it on for background noise somewhere circa halftime. Then I just shut it off and never returned to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back