PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who else wants to go to Foxboro....

Not a sure thing yet. Need to move up for Porter in R2 to seal his fate.

Bryant and Wade will likely battle to back up Marcus Jones at N.
Gonzalez, Jo. Jones and Ja. Jones at outside.

I’m good with this and our safety situation.

part of me wishes we used 17, pittsburghs pick, to grab Porter Jr just for the schadenfreude...
I really thought Pittsburgh was taking him. Is it possible teams are shying away from him because you're likely drafting his father too?

What I Want (and yes I know not all is possible)

- WR: Downs, Scott or Mims would look good in the slot. There are still a few outside options out there as well (Tillman, Hyatt, Reed, Rice, Mingo)

- TE: Henry is a FA so Mayer or Washington at 46 would be good. Trade down a bit and take Musgrave or LaPorta. Kraft, Strange or Kunitz in the 3rd or Schoonmaker later on would be good options.

OT: Trent Brown is our LT. Would love to see Dawand Jones, Bergeron, Freeland or Duncan to come in and battle with Reiff at RT

DL: Would like an infusion of youth here. Dexter, Pickens and Ojomo would be versatile pieces. Ika to backup/take over for Godchaux would be welcomed.

Edge: Uche a FA after season. Re-signed or not a 3rd dynamic edge to rotate with Judon would help keep ‘em all fresh. White, Hall or Ojulari in the 2nd. Harrison or Young (Tenn) in the 3rd

LB: An upgrade here maybe with Drew Sanders or Trent Simpson. Bentley is a good player in his role and is a team leader. Upgrading beyond him though would be of benefit.

Bryant and Wade will likely battle to back up Marcus Jones at N.
Gonzalez, Jo. Jones and Ja. Jones at outside.

I’m good with this and our safety situation.

With Gonzalez, all of Jon Jones, Marcus Jones, and Gonzalez can flex wherever needed, though they will hopefully stick Gonzalez on Diggs whenever they play the Bills.

The HOPE is that Bryant and Wade are GONE as neither brings anything. And I'm speaking as someone who had high hopes for Wade when the Pats grabbed him. Bryant is a good luck charm for opposing teams.

I really thought Pittsburgh was taking him. Is it possible teams are shying away from him because you're likely drafting his father too?
i'm not sure why he fell out of the first... I think Pittsburgh passed because they really wanted to bolster the o-line, and for no other reason than that...

did Porter Sr cause issues when he was there? i know at some point they decided not to bring him back... think there might have been some bad blood with Tomlin there, but i cant rightly remember... maybe if i have time i will look it up

With Gonzalez, all of Jon Jones, Marcus Jones, and Gonzalez can flex wherever needed, though they will hopefully stick Gonzalez on Diggs whenever they play the Bills.

The HOPE is that Bryant and Wade are GONE as neither brings anything. And I'm speaking as someone who had high hopes for Wade when the Pats grabbed him. Bryant is a good luck charm for opposing teams.
I’m just wondering if putting Wade in the slot full time doesn’t jumpstart him a bit. And maybe they e done that already, just know his best college years were in the slot. Has been outside out of necessity. But absolutely agree that now we have the flexibility jack and Jon jones can play both. Maybe a late rounder to take the #5 spot

Hopefully Gonzalez makes Bryant obsolete…as in long gone. I still have hope for Wade backing up slot CB but I realize he is on the outside looking in.

We could have 4 above average corners. And 3 can move all around. Digger and Mills at S with Phillips and Peppers playing closer to the line as hybrid S/LB. Looking good back there

Hopefully Gonzalez makes Bryant obsolete…as in long gone. I still have hope for Wade backing up slot CB but I realize he is on the outside looking in.
Team is certain to add some more depth at CB.. something about this kid in Gonzalez says superstar.. I actually forgot Wade still has a roster spot. I envision Gonzalez & jack on the outside, Jon in the slot where he excels at. Not sure where Marcus plays, but either way he should never come off the field where ever he plays..

Team is certain to add some more depth at CB.. something about this kid in Gonzalez says superstar.. I actually forgot Wade still has a roster spot. I envision Gonzalez & jack on the outside, Jon in the slot where he excels at. Not sure where Marcus plays, but either way he should never come off the field where ever he plays..
Somebody I would mind using one of our 18 fourth round picks on is Eli Ricks and letting him learn and grow for a year or two. I’m an Alabama guy and he came out a year early, but has some big time talent. If you could stash him a year he could be a good one down the road.

Somebody I would mind using one of our 18 fourth round picks on is Eli Ricks and letting him learn and grow for a year or two. I’m an Alabama guy and he came out a year early, but has some big time talent. If you could stash him a year he could be a good one down the road.
Yeah... Alabama is pretty much patriots south.. I'm sure we'll have some Alabama guys this year as well. This is the day that I'm paying attention to how we attempt to address some other needs.. O line, LB , DE ,WR. Juju, Henry and gisecki are the inside guys.. we need some guys on the outside to go along with Thornton

Yeah... Alabama is pretty much patriots south.. I'm sure we'll have some Alabama guys this year as well. This is the day that I'm paying attention to how we attempt to address some other needs.. O line, LB , DE ,WR. Juju, Henry and gisecki are the inside guys.. we need some guys on the outside to go along with Thornton
Jalin Hyatt
Cedric Tillman
Jayden Reed
Rashee Rice

As a Bama fan got a real good, close look at Hyatt last year. Id like that guy on the Pats

Jalin Hyatt
Cedric Tillman
Jayden Reed
Rashee Rice

As a Bama fan got a real good, close look at Hyatt last year. Id like that guy on the Pats
I've heard Hyatt is compared to AJ brown.. if we pick him, And he turns out to be anything like brown absolutely a steal..

Pats seem due for their occasional 7th rounder/UDFA at CB who not only sticks on the roster, but also excels. Maybe they can be the one to help Bryant clean out his locker.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back